Switching groups on DVD-A discs (and double-secret pause button!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 02:14 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Switching groups on DVD-A discs (and double-secret pause button!)

There are a number of threads on Acurazine related to changing the groups on DVD-A discs. None of these solutions seems to be working for my '11 MDX with nav (no rear entertainment). I have tried:

Scan + Rpt
Scan 2x + Seek

...and just about every other press, double press, press and hold etc combination to no avail.

I am certain the disc has multiple groups. The manual states this "Playing a DVD-A Disc - Use the disc controls previously described." Which leads me to the previously described controls.... "While playing an MP3/WMA/AAC disc, you can select a folder within the disc by pressing either side of the category button. Each time you press either side of the button, the folder title and its first file's information appear on the audio display and on the navigation screen in hierarchical order of the folders which contain files within the disc."

By "either side of the category button" I guess they mean the Scan buttons, which are also used for category selection when using radio sources. For me, these buttons seem to do nothing more than switch tracks within the current group.... which is what I'd expect them to do.

So I am stuck! Does anyone with an '11 MDX know the secret of changing groups on a DVD audio disc?

(and speaking of secrets, I discovered that pressing the "1" button pauses playback! Cool and useful feature, albeit undocumented in the manual.)