Remote Control Possible Discovery. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remote Control Possible Discovery. Help!

First off my Car. '09 MDX loaded. TV screen etc. Second I glued the Key shut with soft silicone glue in the remote. Sick of being stabbed by accident.

SO I hang the remote from a Key Clip on my belt. Sometimes I forget which button to push by feel so I keep locking when I want to unlock etc. OK So....

Today with 7860+ on my '09 I walked up to the car and hit a button. Doors still locked so I hit another. Overtired from working all last night I started hitting buttons.

Finally I could open the door. As I am sitting I notice all four WINDOWS not sunroof are open an inch and a half. Hmmm.

Started the car and closed the windows. I tried and could not control the windows to repeat the opening manually. So I KNOW the car remote did it. The car was under a roof and cool inside. I can not duplicate this again. Anyone have an idea how to do it again? I spent ten minutes trying every button permutation to get the windows to do something.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts
Press unlock on the remote twice. On the second push, hold down the unlock button. The windows will roll down until it reaches the base or if you release the button too soon, it will stop at the current certain level. It's a luxury feature of all newer(04+) Acuras.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:35 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by SlimTL
Press unlock on the remote twice. On the second push, hold down the unlock button. The windows will roll down until it reaches the base or if you release the button too soon, it will stop at the current certain level. It's a luxury feature of all newer(04+) Acuras.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Instructor

Slim Thanks Man. A very handy feature in Summer...
Old 08-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Burning Brakes

No problem billman. I use it almost everyday in the summer. It really helps dissipate some of the heat buildup in the ride until I make my way over to it. Unfortunately, you can't roll it back up with the remote unless you have the aftermarket window roll up module from KPtechnologies.

I don't really need that though. I just use the keyhole in the door. I'm pretty sure you know how to control the windows that way. Kudos to Acura for not charging extra for these convenience features!
Old 08-21-2010, 04:01 PM
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just sold my Honda Ridgeline which had the same feature. With the Ridgeline, you could also roll all of the windows up by turning the key to lock position and holding it.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by billman730
First off my Car. '09 MDX loaded. TV screen etc. Second I glued the Key shut with soft silicone glue in the remote. Sick of being stabbed by accident.

SO I hang the remote from a Key Clip on my belt. Sometimes I forget which button to push by feel so I keep locking when I want to unlock etc. OK So....

Today with 7860+ on my '09 I walked up to the car and hit a button. Doors still locked so I hit another. Overtired from working all last night I started hitting buttons.

Finally I could open the door. As I am sitting I notice all four WINDOWS not sunroof are open an inch and a half. Hmmm.

Started the car and closed the windows. I tried and could not control the windows to repeat the opening manually. So I KNOW the car remote did it. The car was under a roof and cool inside. I can not duplicate this again. Anyone have an idea how to do it again? I spent ten minutes trying every button permutation to get the windows to do something.
You glued the key shut?!?!?! How do you start the car? I must be missing something
Old 08-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by billman730

You need the key in the ignition to start it so gluing it maybe a bad idea.
If you are too tired to remember which button to push on the remote then actually driving the car would be a real challenge.
RTFB - one of the features (and possibly more) you have paid for. Not knowing that they exist is a waste of your money.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by SlimTL
Not on any of the RDXs.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rexorg
Not on any of the RDXs.
My bad...MOST Acuras.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Instructor

I got tired of the key opening in my pocket or even hanging on a clip from my belt. I have never used the key inside the remote no 1 to operate the car. Like my '04 the '09 came with a stand alone key. I use that key to operate the car. The glued keyfob is used to enter/unlock doors and open the lift gate so the seat, steering wheel is set for me. It works fine that way. I can't stand the key being built into such a long fob...