Purchased an MDX advance (ISSUES HELP)?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 07:12 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Purchased an MDX advance (ISSUES HELP)?

Hello all I recently purchased a 2012 31k miles not certified MDX Advance from an Acura dealer in FL 1 owner clean car fax with 14 records.

AFTER TAKING DELIVERY:

1. Issue is noticed the windshield had a small chip that was never disclosed to me. Upon seeking service through my insurance and safe lite I was told the glass was already repaired. This was never disclosed.

2. The back passenger side taillight has a crack that you really cannot see until you look up close below…. You can tell it was caused from previous damage.

3.After inspecting further on the passenger side rear wheel well there is white spay paint or bodywork spray residue, which would lead one to believe the car, was repaired/ worded on privately

4. After carefully inspecting the tires for what seem to be constant wooing noise all four Michelin tires have very visible surface notches and dry rot. Some of the cuts on the tire are very deep.

5. I also found a hairline crack in my Armor grill so I was under there impression it was a defected and took into my local Acura dealer only to find out the grill was cracked caused by collision damage below. Umber is Damages and broken from impact.
When I checked for myself the entire blade looking structure is broken so the whole bottom black casing will need to be changed

None of these things were disclosed to me and honestly when I picked up the car I only noticed the windshield after I was 10 miles off the lot...after getting home and doing a detailed clean and overviiew these things were noticed. I have documented and photo’d all the issues for my records and emailed them to the dealer…. I have contacted the Sales person and requested to speak with the GM at that Acura dealer in regards to these issues found. If there anything i should be pushing for from the Acura dealer or doing differently? and what recourse do i have with this undisclosed information and the car in my posession? Still awaiting to hear from the GM since i emailed the information to the Acura sales guy.

Last edited by Mr.Tea; 12-08-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,244 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Curious if it was a CPO??
Old 12-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
Curious if it was a CPO??
No it was not.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:15 PM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts
It doesn't sound like it was wrecked and I don't think that you have been ripped off, yet.
You'll have to get a body shop to look at it, to really know. Call your insurance company and ask where their certified body shop is located. Call them and ask how much to inspect you car.

Otherwise, did you or can you get an extended warranty? I ask, because certain warranties require a more critical inspection of the car, before the car becomes eligible for that level of protection.

If you discover that your car is eligible for one of these super deluxe warranties, (which require a critical inspection), it means that the dealer inspected and knew about the items that you mentioned above. The inspector determined that they were not caused by an accident and would not disqualify the eligibility, for the super deluxe warranty.

But on a more reassuring note...
1. I had my mdx professionally detailed, for $379 and when I hand washed it weeks later, I found white residue under the fenders, bumpers, and sides.
I think that it came from the product that they used to get the swirls out of my paint. Or maybe it was dried polish, anyway it was all over and it was hard for me to scrub off.
2. Tires are wear and tear items and are most likely cupped, because the alignment wasn't monitored, by a tire shop. When you get new tires, get an alignment agreement, for 3 years, for under $200. Every 2 months take it in and say that it drifts or that it doesn't stop in a straight line. They'll keep it in spec for you.
3. The front under damage, as you describe it...might have been caused by a floor jack, which slipped off of the front, center jack point while it was in the air. The car came down and busted a bunch of plastic.

Last edited by Carpayment4life; 12-08-2015 at 10:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mr.Tea (12-09-2015)
Old 02-12-2016, 07:58 AM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Recall on Michelin tires cracks on outer walls

Originally Posted by Mr.Tea
No it was not.
Hello
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I'm a proud owner of a 2010 Advance MDX. Between the 35K to 45K the outer walls on tires begin to show cracks and tire "feathering"

I called Michelin and explained my concerns about the issue
with the cracks on the outer walls. Long story short, a recall was for the tires. All I I had to do was to have them inspected at an authorized Michelin dealer and have them give Michekin a call with the results of the tread depth, mileage on vehicle, etc.. Cost was prorated and received a credit if $100/tire. Not sure how far along you are in getting resolution. Hope that helps oit little.
The following users liked this post:
Mr.Tea (02-12-2016)
Old 02-12-2016, 08:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by DEE19
Hello
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I'm a proud owner of a 2010 Advance MDX. Between the 35K to 45K the outer walls on tires begin to show cracks and tire "feathering"

I called Michelin and explained my concerns about the issue
with the cracks on the outer walls. Long story short, a recall was for the tires. All I I had to do was to have them inspected at an authorized Michelin dealer and have them give Michekin a call with the results of the tread depth, mileage on vehicle, etc.. Cost was prorated and received a credit if $100/tire. Not sure how far along you are in getting resolution. Hope that helps oit little.
Much thanks..
Old 02-19-2016, 04:37 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm 58 years old and have purchased a lot of new and used cars in my life. I never trust any dealer and take it upon myself to have the car checked out. Buyer beware! One time I was looking at a brand new car and the salesman was being very pushy and wanting to sell the car. For some dumb reason I decided to take it to my friend who owned a local auto repair shop and he looked at the car and said there's something wrong here. I found out it had fallen off a hauler truck during transport and had been repaired. Then just not long ago I was looking at an Acura at a dealer and checked the sticker on the inside of the door for the date it was built. The Acura was over a year old and had been sitting on the lot with no buyers. The moral of my story is you have to inspect any car you're buying because it ends up being your problem in the end. Good luck with this and I hope they stand up and do the right thing but I doubt it.
The following 2 users liked this post by mdx001:
Mr.Tea (02-22-2016), technocrat (02-23-2016)