Please help with 2G MDX HID fog light install

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 07:27 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help with 2G MDX HID fog light install

I'm trying to access my drl and my fog lights but having some difficulty. Any tips on how to change them??
Old 11-26-2014, 02:04 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Take the splash guard off from underneath in the front bumper. If you can't get to it like that then you'll have to take the front bumper off... it's not bad, I took it off to replace all the bulbs in the headlights with LED.

The only thing holding the front bumper on are the splashguard pins & screws and one small screw on either side of the bumper where it meets the wheel well. You will have to take the trim pins out of the wheel well to see them. Once you have all those out you can unsnap the plastic clips that hold the bumper seams to the metal body.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:01 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FactoryMDX
Take the splash guard off from underneath in the front bumper. If you can't get to it like that then you'll have to take the front bumper off... it's not bad, I took it off to replace all the bulbs in the headlights with LED.

The only thing holding the front bumper on are the splashguard pins & screws and one small screw on either side of the bumper where it meets the wheel well. You will have to take the trim pins out of the wheel well to see them. Once you have all those out you can unsnap the plastic clips that hold the bumper seams to the metal body.
Awesome thanks! I tried to just pull the splash gaurd and couldn't fit my arm all the way in there without jacking my arm up. I tried pulling the bumper off about a quarter the way then thought to myself, didn't want to mess anything up. Do I have to take the clips off the bottom to take the bumper off? And do the clips go all the way around te front to the other side so I can just pull on it all the way? I'm just afraid to mess anything up lol. Thanks for the help!