My iPod keeps freezing

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 05:34 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My iPod keeps freezing

Hi guys. I wonder if this happens to anyone else. If so, I would love to have your input. I have a 2012 MDX. I love this care and I enjoy the driving experience. The one thing that i find annoying is that my iPod often freezes after every few car starts. At first, thought it was the iPod so i went ahead about bought another one from the Apple Store. I thought this would solve this issue but, no, it keeps happening. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Old 06-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Every now and again, it happens in one of my 2011 mdx's. I'd say once or twice a month although my fiancee has a second gen ipod touch and it seems to act dumb a little more often. She hasnt mentioned anything about it so it may have just been my bad luck those days.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think that's an across the board issue. I have a similar issue with my iPhone 5, say after a call is completed the music does not resume and I have to manually switch from another source and then back to the iPod source.

Sometimes it works, other times it just takes more button pushing.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It may not be the device...it sounds like you are leaving the item in the car after shutting the engine off. I would bet if that is true, you are leaving the charger in the power outlet, and connected to the device. If so I know this can sometimes bother the electronics of a car, such as the clock, which may need resetting on restart. Or it may be only affecting the iPod. Since you are using the iPod, and its not an iPhone, then I'm guessing it stays in the car connected all the time.

By the way, I hope you have it backed up to the cloud, since if someone steals it, you'll hate having to reinstall your media on another device...but then since its and Apple, you probably are.

This is just a guess, but I have seen accessory items that remain plugged in cause problems. They also place additional drain on your battery when you restart your engine, minimal, but still there.
Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
DKACURA (11-23-2014)