Just saw a 2010 MDX

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009 | 01:46 PM
Racer

Just saw a 2010 MDX

My sales manager just told me that some Honda "Suit" was parked out in the back with a new 2010 MDX! It was a black on black Tech package. I was a little skeptical about the "power plenum" after looking at the pictures online but you know what? I actually looks okay on the MDX in person. From the rear, the first thing that pops into my head is Cayenne, mind you, this particular MDX didn't have the MDX or SH-AWD emblems on the back, but alot of the other guys who saw it said the same thing. There's definitely more chrome trim, which isn't a bad thing. Now the one MAJOR improvement I like compared to the '09 has to be the wheel design. On the Tech package you still get 18" but the improvements are noticable - much more elegance to the 2010 wheels. One thing that always bugs me about Acura's are their boring stock wheels so this gives the MDX a much more stylish look. I didn't get a chance to get inside, but from looking in, things still seem to be the same. There seems to be a chrome trim around the buttons while also looking like they are better positioned. I wish I had a good camera phone to show some pics but hey, I guess we'll just have to wait till December 1st...sorry guys/gals!
Old 10-14-2009 | 02:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Any pics are better than no pics

Glad to hear the plenum fits better at least.
Old 10-14-2009 | 06:41 PM
Acuras Only in

LMAO ... I second the "bad pics is better than no pics" ... don't tease us like this bro ...

I went to KBB & Edmunds but they don't have any 2010 MDX pics either ... only from some spy shots posted online before ...
Old 10-15-2009 | 07:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Great news!!! So, the MDX you saw must have been a production model since it was black and not the dark cherry, or whatever they will call it, that they used for the promotional tour. When you say 1 December, do you mean that's when they will be in the showrooms, or just the month they will be available? I am reading more and more that the ZDX will be out mid-December, so I would expect the MDX to be out earlier. I still have not heard anything from my dealer about my order.
Old 10-15-2009 | 11:58 AM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

OK, I give. What's a plenum?
Old 10-15-2009 | 12:54 PM
Racer

Rexorg, the release date for us in Canada is December 1st, which means that we'll have them in showrooms by then. If I were to speculate, US dealers will have them by the same date too (since we NEVER get our models before you guys). We also recieved a memo saying that the top 25 dealers in Canada will be recieving one ZDX each on December 1st. Apparently they're doing this to make sure the ZDX can qualify for the North American "car/truck of the year" awards, although I can't remember what exact category it'll be in.

LMAO @ 1Louder...the plenum is the chrome plated "sheild" that all Acura's now have on the front grill...you know, the bottle opener thingy that everyone mentions in their reviews, LOL.
Old 10-15-2009 | 12:55 PM
Racer

By the way, the more I think about it, the more I think the MDX now looks like a Q7 from the back.
Old 10-16-2009 | 09:06 AM
mrgold35

How did the MDX look with the non-painted bumper? I've never understood the reason why they couldn't slap a little paint on the bumper on a luxury SUV.

How did the MDX look from behind? Can you see the underside (exhaust pipes, undercarriage, suspension, etc..). I don't like looking at a spotless luxury SUV and the rear underside is all covered with dirt/mud for the whole world to see. It is like checking out a hot chick in a mini skirt as she walks away and she has "skid marks" on her silky panties.

I've never liked the old shield on the MDX. The new grill design seems to work for the MDX. That can't be said for the RDX, TSX, ZDX, TL or RL.

I wonder what the new MDX would look like the new Ron Jon TL grill on it?
Old 10-16-2009 | 11:22 AM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Originally Posted by CraigMacDTA
LMAO @ 1Louder...the plenum is the chrome plated "sheild" that all Acura's now have on the front grill...you know, the bottle opener thingy that everyone mentions in their reviews, LOL.
I have an 06 TSX and MDX so I'm "plenum free". I don't like them at all. A local dealership was painting them body-colored on their TL's because of so many complaints. They aren't such an eyesore body colored...
Old 10-16-2009 | 10:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CraigMacDTA
Rexorg, the release date for us in Canada is December 1st, which means that we'll have them in showrooms by then. If I were to speculate, US dealers will have them by the same date too (since we NEVER get our models before you guys). We also recieved a memo saying that the top 25 dealers in Canada will be recieving one ZDX each on December 1st. Apparently they're doing this to make sure the ZDX can qualify for the North American "car/truck of the year" awards, although I can't remember what exact category it'll be in.

Thanks for the clarification. Now I am wondering why I haven't heard from my dealership about my '10. I guess I could give them a call, but I don't want to seem to anxious, even though I told them to order me one back in July. Hopefully, they will send me a brochure soon. This wait is killing me.
Old 10-17-2009 | 08:36 AM
Intermediate

I did a Google search and found this site with both interior and exterior pics.

http://www.trucktrend.com/multimedia...ery/index.html

Last edited by carnutpa; 10-17-2009 at 08:37 AM. Reason: link didn't show
Old 10-17-2009 | 09:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by carnutpa
I did a Google search and found this site with both interior and exterior pics.

http://www.trucktrend.com/multimedia...ery/index.html
Thanks for the link. Those pics are for the pre-production Advance model. I want to see what the Tech wheels and interior will look like; that's why I want a brochure so badly.
Old 10-17-2009 | 06:34 PM
Backs the Pack

I can't remember where I saw them but the 2010 tech rims look almost identical to the 2007-2009 sport rims with five spokes.

Not a fan of the advance rims, I like the ZDX ones much better.