iPhone integration issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
iPhone integration issue

I have a 2013 MDX w/tech and an iPhone 4S running 6.1.3 and while connected via USB cable cannot get to USB mode. When I go thought the sources it is simply not there.
In the past while running OS 4.3 I was able to see (and listen to) my iPhone through either USB or Bluetooth.
I also tried the same phone with OS 7 with the same results.
Anybody out there is having the same issue?
Is there a way to update the drivers of the MDX?
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you sure the USB Cable is good? You might try with another phone.

Gbeeman
Old 01-04-2014, 06:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by GBeeman
Are you sure the USB Cable is good? You might try with another phone.

Gbeeman
The cable charges the phone with no problem. In any case, I will try another one.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a similiar issue with my iPhone 5. Sometimes it just will charge but not recognize the phone. Simply unplugging it and then cycling through to say XM and then plugging it back in and going back to USB will resolve the issue. A pain but that's been my only solution.
The following users liked this post:
Lalin (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Jotas
I had a similiar issue with my iPhone 5. Sometimes it just will charge but not recognize the phone. Simply unplugging it and then cycling through to say XM and then plugging it back in and going back to USB will resolve the issue. A pain but that's been my only solution.
It worked (sometimes)! Thanks.
It is mind blowing how Acura has bugs like this and don't even acknowledge them...
Jotas, do you have music on your itunes/iPhone?
When I upgraded from IOS 4.3 to 6.1 I did not bring my music library. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:46 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lalin
It worked (sometimes)! Thanks.
It is mind blowing how Acura has bugs like this and don't even acknowledge them...
Jotas, do you have music on your itunes/iPhone?
When I upgraded from IOS 4.3 to 6.1 I did not bring my music library. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Yes I have music saved on the iPhone. Honestly I think going via Bluetooth is a better option since with Bluetooth you can resume music from music apps such as Xbox music or Spotify where the song left off vs the USB cable route which starts the song from the beginning, at least that's what's occurred to me lately when playing music from music apps.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Jotas
Yes I have music saved on the iPhone. Honestly I think going via Bluetooth is a better option since with Bluetooth you can resume music from music apps such as Xbox music or Spotify where the song left off vs the USB cable route which starts the song from the beginning, at least that's what's occurred to me lately when playing music from music apps.
Bluetooth is ok but there are a few big drawbacks. The first one being that I cannot skip songs in Pandora with the steering wheel. the second one is sucking up more battery from the iPhone. Also, listening to the iPhone while connected with the non working USB option is a pain in the ass with the apps that talk like GPS.