2007 MDX Lumbar Support Motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 01:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 MDX Lumbar Support Motor

My wifes lumbar support was making a clicking sound when she would push on the switch. I pulled the seat apart and traced the clicking back to the motor. I uninstalled the motor and cable from the seat and took the motor apart to find the gears inside were broken into about 20 little pieces. Ive spent the last couple of days searching for a replacement motor but am having zero luck. I have checked ebay, craigslist, the you-pull-it places in my area (the only MDX I could find was an 01 that didnt look to have the same lumbar support) and cant find anyone selling just the motor and cable. I have found the entire lumbar assembly on the Acura site that looks to have the motor attached but they want $300 which is way more than I can spend and more parts than I will use. Does anyone have any advice/solution/lumbar motor that they can share or sell? The motor Im after has the cable coming out of it and an electrical connector that connects it to the seat switch. I dont need the actual plastic lumbar,(that looks like a ladder) just the motor that pulls it tight. The vehicle in question is a 2007 Acura MDX Sport.

Last edited by acuraowner4life; 02-03-2017 at 01:26 PM.