'10 TL, MDX and ZDX pricing coming soon?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
'10 TL, MDX and ZDX pricing coming soon?

www.hondanews.com just updated the '10 pricing for the TL, MDX, and ZDX with "TBA" from just blank spaces. At least that's a first good step! Plus, they now have the full description of the ZDX and all it's features.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Just read on another website that the '10 MDX is now pushed back to mid-to-late December, due to too many remaining MDXs on the dealers' lots and at the factory. My dealer only has three and they are all base models in black or white. I checked some other dealer's websites in IN and IL and all have about the same numbers. I wish I knew what was going on. This is getting old.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:06 AM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My dealer has virtually nothing for any model. Very strange. I'm hearing that repeated by many. These dealers must be having fits. There's no product to sell!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SpicyMikey
My dealer has virtually nothing for any model. Very strange. I'm hearing that repeated by many. These dealers must be having fits. There's no product to sell!
Yes, this is very, very strange. The only '10 my dealer has is a few TSXs, and the '09s, except for the RL are almost all gone. What I can't figure out is why the Honda Crosstour will be out soon and the ZDX not until late December/early January. It has to be the new 6-speed auto tranny that is giving them fits.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts
ahh, what a shame, I just realized they put the ugly 4G TL nose on the 2010MDX. and those big openings on the front bumper are pretty ugly in my opinion. Looks like the Subaru Tribeca.

My wife and I are considering an MDX, and we were waiting for the 2010 prices to release, mostly because of the 6spd tranny.

I have to say, I sat in the back of an 09 mdx, and I do wish it had a bit more leg room. The Audi Q7 is very nice and spacious, but I've not read great things regarding its reliability.

I really wish the European Accord wagon would come to the usa, the Crosstour is pretty ugly to me.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Burning Brakes

I got an email from my dealer yesterday. They seemed to be worried I am going to give up waiting. The email said the prices will be posted later this month. They also told me the MDX was delayed so it could be introduced close to the ZDX delivery. What? You would think that will sales in the toilet they would want new product in the showrooms ASAP. Oh, they also told me they have about a dozen '09s in stock now just in case I would want one now instead of waiting.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Rexorg
I got an email from my dealer yesterday. They seemed to be worried I am going to give up waiting. The email said the prices will be posted later this month. They also told me the MDX was delayed so it could be introduced close to the ZDX delivery. What? You would think that will sales in the toilet they would want new product in the showrooms ASAP. Oh, they also told me they have about a dozen '09s in stock now just in case I would want one now instead of waiting.
lol, good strategy. They should wait a bit longer too, perhaps some competitors might release a new model too.

Did they mention how long the delay might be? I think the original plans was for a December release.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Trust me. If there is a delay for any reason, the dealer is the last one to know. Acura doesn't tell the dealers jack most of the time.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Well, October is almost gone and still no prices. I wonder what my dealer is going to say on Monday when I email again. Maybe there is not going to be a '10 MDX just like there was no '83 'Vette.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, October is almost gone and still no prices. I wonder what my dealer is going to say on Monday when I email again. Maybe there is not going to be a '10 MDX just like there was no '83 'Vette.
Good lord you have your boxers in a bunch over the 2010. Just relax, it will be here in good time and you have a perfectly nice RDX to enjoy till then.

Since the 10 isn't coming out till December sometime, I wouldn't expect pricing till just before on sale date and same goes for updating the website.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JeffS
Good lord you have your boxers in a bunch over the 2010. Just relax, it will be here in good time and you have a perfectly nice RDX to enjoy till then.

Since the 10 isn't coming out till December sometime, I wouldn't expect pricing till just before on sale date and same goes for updating the website.
You're right about the RDX, but it is going to be worth diddly now when it comes time to make the deal with the price of gas going up and up and the demand for the RDX going down and down, especially around Xmas. Who in their right mind buys a car in December? OK, I am not in my right mind, I admit that, but this delay is costing me hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars, which I would rather not give to a guy that owns 10 dealerships.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're right about the RDX, but it is going to be worth diddly now when it comes time to make the deal with the price of gas going up and up and the demand for the RDX going down and down, especially around Xmas. Who in their right mind buys a car in December? OK, I am not in my right mind, I admit that, but this delay is costing me hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars, which I would rather not give to a guy that owns 10 dealerships.

... and realistically the 2010 will probably go for close to MSRP for about a month or two (like most other cars), so I will not ever start looking at one until around February or March because of such. I would have liked to had it for the horrid New York winters, but oh well, it will make a great spring car. I could be wrong on the MSRP point, but I don't think we'll see deals until the Spring.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,003 Likes on 1,423 Posts
maybe at this rate the 2010 will go for sale in 2010
Old 11-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by csmeance
maybe at this rate the 2010 will go for sale in 2010
Yes, Acura is trying a new marketing ploy--introduce cars in the same year as the model year in the dead of winter. This way people will forget that there are 2011 models out already and some 2012s will be out later next year. Come on you other manufactures get on the stick like Acura.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrtracey
... and realistically the 2010 will probably go for close to MSRP for about a month or two (like most other cars), so I will not ever start looking at one until around February or March because of such. I would have liked to had it for the horrid New York winters, but oh well, it will make a great spring car. I could be wrong on the MSRP point, but I don't think we'll see deals until the Spring.
I wonder which of these I will hear come December/January?: 1) We have to sell at MSRP as there is a lot of demand, and the supply is limited. 2) We have to sell at MSRP as the economy is still recovering and our business has been bad. 3) We have to sell at MSRP as we don't want to appear to be less than a luxury brand. 4) We have to sell at MSRP as we aren't making much above invoice. 4) We've been told we have to sell at MSRP, but let me check with my manager. 5) My manager said he could knock off a couple thousand off of MSRP, but we can't give you as much for your trade. How does $25K sound for your RDX?