09 MDX rear power window not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2020 | 12:21 PM
2nd Gear

09 MDX rear power window not working

Hi, I've read through all of the previous posts on power windows not working, but they don't seem to match my exact problem, so I'm asking here. ONLY the rear driver's side window does not work. No movement and no clicking noise when using either the switch at the affected window or from the driver's door switch. All of the other windows operate fine from their respective switches and from the switches at the driver's door. I checked the fuse for the rear window and it is good. I also tried the "all windows up/down" using the key in the driver's door, and all windows except the rear driver's side operate normally. Any help diagnosing the problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old 03-23-2020 | 02:29 AM
Cruisin'

I had the same problem except mine was the rear passenger side window so I ordered the window regulator from Amazon but a year later when I finally got around to fixing it, I found that it was just the wiring harness had come off. So. before you start ordering parts, I would first remove the door panel and at least make sure that the wiring has not come off or is faulty due to a cut wire. Try look on Youtube, there are videos on how to remove the door panel if you don't know how to and it's really not that hard and no special tools are needed. You may want to have a multimeter ready to check for power in order to confirm that is the regulator.
Old 03-23-2020 | 10:27 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the reply. did you replace the main wiring harness at the driver's door or at the rear passenger door? all of the posts I have read talk about replacing the main harness.
The following users liked this post:
PINKYCSP (06-16-2021)
Old 03-23-2020 | 03:15 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by chartersills
Thanks for the reply. did you replace the main wiring harness at the driver's door or at the rear passenger door? all of the posts I have read talk about replacing the main harness.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The clip from the wiring harness that plugs into the regulator fell off, nothing was wrong with the wiring harness. It's rare that a wire just somehow gets cut, more than likely it's usually a bad connection at the joints or fuse box. Let me know what was wrong when you find out.