Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I still have love for my '07 TLS even though I don't own it anymore

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I still have love for my '07 TLS even though I don't own it anymore

Hello everyone. I shortly owned 2007 Silver 6MT TLS until 2008. I had to file chapter 13 as well as foreclosure, and it really sucked that I had to let go my car too. I put nice tint, exhaust, CAI, and stereo system......and next thing I remember was getting impounded middle of night for missing payment. For next several years til 2015, I focused on my credit score and I was able to raise the score over 700 to finance a new car that I really dreamed of. I owned 2 of TL already, 2005 and 2007, so I decided to finance 2015 WRX. It has lots of torque but with sport suspension, I wasn't really ready for stiff ride. I'm planning mods on it....maybe starting from ecu mapping and downpipe. Good to be back here again.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Sorry to hear about your financial situation. Don't lose sight of the Type S TL's. Maybe you'll have another one some day.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:46 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Sorry to hear about your financial situation. Don't lose sight of the Type S TL's. Maybe you'll have another one some day.
I won't! I'm definitely looking forward to third purchase of tl in the future.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:00 AM
OsK
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 74 Posts
Not to be a debbie-downer, but you should really spend money that you know you have. A lot of people these days have credit cards that they nearly max out and pay the minimum payment, while the CC companies just snicker at you while they make money off of the interest you pay back on top of the amount you owe.

It's good that you raised your credit score to be able to finance a new car, but saying that you missed a payment and got your Type S impounded, leads me to believe the same will happen in your current situation.

Now this isn't a personal finance class, and congrats on the new car. But, you should spend what you know you are capable of paying back. Credit does not equal income.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:16 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OsK
Not to be a debbie-downer, but you should really spend money that you know you have. A lot of people these days have credit cards that they nearly max out and pay the minimum payment, while the CC companies just snicker at you while they make money off of the interest you pay back on top of the amount you owe.

It's good that you raised your credit score to be able to finance a new car, but saying that you missed a payment and got your Type S impounded, leads me to believe the same will happen in your current situation.

Now this isn't a personal finance class, and congrats on the new car. But, you should spend what you know you are capable of paying back. Credit does not equal income.
Yeah, the financial crisis back in 2008 hit my business really hard. I didn't realize it was that bad. I'd never missed any payments in my life but it started happening eventually. My current spending is going well actually. Ever since I filed chapter 13, I restricted my budget tightly within the boundary. I'm probably keeping my car for awhile....probably 7~8 years or so. I'm not a big spender on mods like other people do....it never went over a grand. I bought the used classic volk f-zero wheels and sold them at higher price after using them. I've been babying WRX since I bought it. After breaking-in period was over, I still had the habit of cautious driving and trying not to go over 4000rpm lol. I set a goal on mods after warranty expires (nothing crazy...ecu tuning and exhaust mods maybe?). Yeah, so I'm doing well right now after harsh lesson from bankruptcy was taught hehehe
Old 04-26-2015, 07:55 AM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
Glad things are going better for you and glad you are back in a TL again.....errrrr, I mean a Subaru
Old 04-26-2015, 08:22 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
Glad things are going better for you and glad you are back in a TL again.....errrrr, I mean a Subaru
Thank you!
Old 04-26-2015, 08:41 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
lets see pics of the subaru.

Hows gas? Does it chug more than the tls? How much faster is it? Miss your tls features? Because from what i hear, those subarus are strictly for performance, nothing else. No luxury features, just performance.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:24 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SayItAintTom
lets see pics of the subaru.

Hows gas? Does it chug more than the tls? How much faster is it? Miss your tls features? Because from what i hear, those subarus are strictly for performance, nothing else. No luxury features, just performance.
All pictures are on my profile.

1. Gas is fantastic actually. 3 weeks of average driving(city and hwy combined), I'm getting 26.7 miles/gallon. Half tank, I can manage to drive over 200~220miles on normal driving.
2. No, 2007 TLS chugged more. I'd never went over 380miles on full tank on stick shift with normal driving.
3. It has very quick response. Twin scroll turbo kicks in very fast when rpm reaches around 2800ish. Comparing to my 2007TLS, 2015 WRX was faster. I didn't have to downshift alot to go faster like TLS which helps alot from clutch getting worn out.....also less stress on engine.
4. oh yes. wrx stock radio is no comparison to tls. tls sounds much better and dynamic. standard leather seats are also comfy.
5. you are right. wrx is bouncy with sport suspension. tls riding quality is lot smoother.