Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

OFFICIAL THREAD-2013 AcuraZine National Meet.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
OFFICIAL THREAD-2013 AcuraZine National Meet.

6th Annual National AcuraZine Meet

Kansas City, Sunday, June 9th, 2013 at JAY WOLFE ACURA

1029 West 103rd Street, Kansas City, MO 64114
(Between State Line Road and Wornall Road)!

All Acura's and Honda's are welcome at this event-all makes and models.

Plus, judging of cars:
1st Place-$500
2nd Place-$300
3rd Place-$150

--FREE for those who are attending and showing their cars (but not a part of the judging for the prizes)

--$20.00 for pre-registration (if you want your car to be part of the judging). $25.00 the day of the event.

(NOTE: This is only for cars that want to be judged. Otherwise, participation in the meet is free)

What do you get for your $20?: A free Meet t-shirt, a pair of AcuraZine stickers, 5 raffle tickets for an iPad Mini drawing, discount coupons for the Parts Department.

(NOTE: Last year, we had approximately 80 people register for the Meet. Less than HALF showed up....)

HOW DO I PAY MY $20?: PayPal.com....pay to jmattson@jaywolfe.com (Please pay for as a gift. Then, there is no Paypal fee. Please make sure you include your name and e-mail address you used to register for the Meet! Please note that the payment is for the registration fee.)

We will still have music and a DJ there for the afternoon.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR THE WEEKEND:

--Friday night: BBQ dinner at Oklahoma Joe's
--Saturday afternoon: either a Scavenger Hunt or Go-Cart (vote for your favorite on the registration page)
--Saturday night: dinner and fun at Dave and Buster's!
--Sunday: the AcuraZine Meet (gates open at 10am)
--Sunday night: dinner after the Meet

GIVEAWAYS:

(So far, we have gift giveaways from...)

--AutoGeek.net: Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax This is a $95.00 value!
--Jay Wolfe Acura: iPad Mini (done by raffle) (Note: if you register to have your car judged, you get 5 free raffle tickets. Others may be purchased for $1.00)
--RonJon: $500 towards the purchase of a set of wheels.
--AckTL: $40 off headlight service (3/4g TL-need to be OEM headlights normal use for trade in process)

And....vinyl car wrap black roof one winner 5 x 5.5' sheet for $70 shipped, normally $130 shipped. Its a 10 year car wrapping quality vinyl. matte or gloss
--Excelerate: T-shirts and stickers and two promo codes for 5% off XLR8 products.
--Tim at OEM Acura Parts: Two-$100 gift certificates.
--Rich at RV6: Three $100 gift certificates!

WHERE TO STAY WHILE IN KANSAS CITY:

--Our host hotel is the same as last year! Once again, the Clarion Hotel (at 7000 West 108th Street Overland Park, KS 66211 - (913) 383-2550. (The hotel is approximately 7 minutes away from the dealership).

Our rate for this National Meet is $59 per night. When making your reservation, tell them you are with AcuraZine and Jay Wolfe Acura, which should get you that rate. I spoke with the new Sales Manager, Julie. (This is a new development as of May 14, 2013)

--There is a Hand Wand car wash on 105th & Metcalf. It is located behind the Seasonal Concepts store. It sits on the west side of the street.

Questions???? Send a Personal Message (PM) to Steven Bell or Buda.

__________________________________________________ ____________

June 5th Updates

Friday Evening Activities

Meet at 6:30pm at the host hotel for BBQ at Oklahoma Joe's at 119th & Roe (Leawood location). After we stuff ourselves full of some of the best BBQ we will plan what we are doing afterwards. We had in mind doing sort of a "cruise" around town to go get some ice cream, and find some cool places to take some photos.

Here are the addresses for the hotel and the restaurant in case anyone gets lost.

Clarion Hotel- 7000 West 108th Street Overland Park, KS 66211

Oklahoma Joes- 11723 Roe Ave Leawood, KS

Saturday Afternoon Activities

Lets plan on meeting at the host hotel (The Clarion) at 11:30 and roll out around 12, then we can leave to go to Buffalo Wild Wings from there and grab a bite before go karts. Then we will hit up Sadlers after we eat.

I would like to wrap up sometime around 3-4 so people can get ready and/or get their cars cleaned up for later that evening. Myself and Eric (SiverSVT) are heading up the afternoon activities so PM one of us if you have any questions.

Here is the address to Sadlers- 325 N Mur-Len Olathe KS 66062

http://www.sadlersindoorracing.com/

Here is the address to The Clarion Hotel- 7000 West 108th Street Overland Park, KS 66211

Saturday Evening Meeting Location

We are changing things up a little on where we are meeting before Dave & Busters. Instead of the Berbiglia Liquor store parking lot across from the dealership we will now be meeting at Marco Polo's/ Jaspers parking lot next to the dealership (on the same side of the street). The liquor store parking lot was getting too cramped for us and hard to get out of when we leave. We will be meeting at that parking lot a 6pm, and leaving around 6:30 to Dave & Busters.

Here is the address for Marco Polo/Jaspers Restaurants- 1201 W 103 St Kansas City, MO 64114

Again, let us know if you guys have any questions. We don't want anyone left out or to get lost. Hope this will be a fun time for those of you who haven't attended before.

Last edited by McCollins23; 06-05-2013 at 12:34 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by Steven Bell:
Acura_Dude (03-27-2013), Atlas.46 (06-03-2013), jgj925 (03-28-2013), Majofo (03-27-2013), mirel (03-29-2013), Oldsman71 (06-06-2013), RL Chi-town (03-27-2013), swoltoe (04-27-2013) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Team Owner

Mod Sheets are required for cars being judged.

They are optional if you are not being judged but are recommonded (even if you have no or very few mods) as this also let's people know who's car it is and what you have done. Please bring at least 2 copies of this sheet with you. One should be placed on the car dash so everyone can see it. The second sheet may be needed by the judges to assist in Best in Show judging or if the 1st one is lost.

The mod sheet below is an example what to put. If your mod was self installed by someone else then give them some props like Steven Bell will be putting (SI by Buda or swoosh) next to several of his mods. The SI/DI has no bearing on judging, just info for people looking at your car so you they don't have to ask if you did the install or not. Note that I like split out Aesthetic Mods into non-functional and functional groups. You do not have to do this and can have a single Aesthetic mods grouping.

Example of Mod Sheet:

Car: 2006 Acura TL 5AT NBP/Camel w/ Navi
Acurazine username: Buda
First Name: Sean

SI = Self Install
DI = Dealer or Shop Installed

Performance Modifications
GReddy Catback Exhaust (SI)
Aspec 6MT suspension on 5AT (SI)
Progress RSB (SI)

Aesthetic Modifications - non-functional
'07 Type S Tails (SI)
'07 Type S Rear Side Markers (SI)
ACURA Domed decal (SI)
Aluminum racing pedals (SI)
Aspec Body kit / Wing Spoiler (DI)
Black Chromed Rear Acura Logo (SI)
Black Chromed Front Acura Logo (SI)
Carbon Fiber vinyl wrapped trim on console (SI)
Headlights - Cleared and blacked out by JnC

Aesthetic Modifications - Functional (non-performance)
Cold Cathode License Plate lights (SI)
Compustar Remote start/alarm (DI)
Lighted door sills (SI)
Navi Hack - Splash image, OK bypass, trip comp. (SI)
Wendy's Backup Camera (SI)
Dom's TV&NAV2GO Unit (SI)
PIAA Silicon Windshield wipers/blades. (SI)
White LED Lighting - Interior and Trunk lights (SI)

Sound System
No Modifications

Detail
Detailed Image Clay Bar using Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer
Meguires 105 - Heavy Cut Polish
Optimum Finish - Finish Polish
Jetseal 109 - Sealant (2 coats)
Dodo Juice Blue Velvet - Hard Wax (2 coats)

Wheels
19" Volk SF Challenges - Spokes custom painted by Alloy Wheel repair.
- Running Nitto Neo Gen tires

Tint
28% Solarguard Supreme (DI)

Last edited by Steven Bell; 05-31-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Team Owner

Judging will start no later than 11 AM (possibly early if people are ready to go). You must be registered by 12:30 pm in order for you car to be judged. People who did not pay in advance will have to pay $25 at the door to be judged. Sound system judging will be started after most of the cars in this category are present or 12:30 which ever comes first.

Scoring: Each category is based on a 1 to 20 scale. 20 is show room quality and 5 will be considered average. The lower score for average gives the judges more flexibility in scoring each category as most people don't have themselves judged in a category if they feel it is only average.

Category: Best Performance Mod
Awards:
Acura Only - Plaque
Open Class - Certificate
The judges will be looking at quality of install, uniqueness of mod, and impact to performance. A car with 3 mods versus 20 mods will be judged the same and have equal chances of winning. The person with the most mods may not necessarily be the winner as someone with a very unique uncommon modification may win. The judges are versed on this and it is up to them to judge the cars accordingly. Realistically due to time constraints judges can't look at every mod you have done. Please either be at your car when the judges come by or highlight up to 3 items on your mod sheet for this category so the judges know what to concentrate on. The judges may need to look at the mods which my require opening the car.
Category: Best Aesthetic Mod
Awards:
Acura Only - Plaque
Open Class - Certificate
The judges will be looking at quality of install, uniqueness of mod, and functional and/or visual appeal. Again the number of modifications do no dictate the winner. Realistically due to time constraints judges can't look at every mod you have done. Please either be at your car when the judges come by or highlight up to 3 items on your mod sheet for this category so the judges know what to concentrate on. The judges may need to look at the mods which my require opening the car.
Category: Best Detail
Awards: All Cars - Certificate
You car will be judged inside and out including exterior body, engine bay, trunk, and interior. This is a full detail check. The judges are looking for show room quality detail work. I do tell the judges to take into consideration that a lot of these cars are daily drivers and some were driven quite a distance to come to the meet. If the judges are not able to get into your car, then this will impact your score.
Category: Best Sound
This is a basic judging event (non group sanctioned) so we are not following specific guidelines as I don't have the judges that know how to do this. If you have your car setup for 1 seat or 2 seat competitions please let them know so they can sit in the appropriate spot for judging. There will be two judges judging this category. The first judge will evaluate the system based on sound quality, dynamic range, and will also be listening for body rattles. The second judge will concentrate on quality of install (custom/flashy installs do not necessarily get a higher ranking than stealth installs).
Music: The judges will have a CD with them to play a single track from 30 to 60 seconds in duration. You will also be able to play your own music for a total duration of 30 to 60 seconds. If you wish to play more than 1 track during your time, please keep it to a maximum of 2 tracks not to exceed 60 seconds total play time.
Category: Best Wheels
The wheels will be judged based on condition, looks, and overall fit with the car. While it is not required to dress the tires, it is highly recommended to ensure the side walls are clean.
Category: Best in Show
Awards:
Acura Only - Trophy (1st Place, Runner Up, and 3rd Place)
Open Class - Trophy (1st Place)
This category is determined by adding up all the scores for each category (Performance, Aesthetic, Detail, Sound, and Wheels) a car is judged in. The top 5 (or more if scores are really close) scoring cars will be selected and all the judges will go back out to judge the top cars and rank them for Best in Show. I always get the question as to why we don't judge each car in every category. Not enough time is one answer and the other answer is that it won't change the outcome. If you don't have anything to judge or what is done is not of sufficient quality then it isn't going to help you win Best in Show. Even if we gave default scores to categories you aren't judged in it still will not change your respective position in the ranking for this category.
Category: Best Stock Presentation (not part of Best in Show score)
As these cars should be stock (or as close as possible), this will essentially be judged similar to the Best Detail category. Judges are instructed to score the car first and then start deducting points based on modifications that were done to the car. Currently the only modification that I have them not deducting is stock add-ons (anything you can buy from the factory) and tint.
Category: Road Warrior (not part of Best in Show score)
This category is not judged. A person is eligible if they enter in the number of miles (one way) they traveled to the meet in the registration page. You do not have to pay the registration fee to be eligible for this award. The miles will be verified using Google maps before the winner is announced. In case 2 or more people with close mileage, they will all be verified to ensure the correct winner. If a discrepancy is found we may call in the person to confirm their miles traveled.
Category: Participants Choice (not part of Best in Show score)
Awards: All Cars - Plaque (1st place and runner-up)
You get to decide the winners for this category. Method of selection (typically either write in votes or public vote - stand by car of choice) will be announced at the meet.

IMPORTANT:
  1. Extenuating conditions such as adverse weather will be taken into account when judging the cars.
  2. Any ties will be broken by the judges going back out and deciding the winner.
  3. A car will not be allowed to win more then two awards (possibly excluding Best in Show).
  4. The judges will be getting into your car if the category they are judging requires it. Please try to be at or near your car when the judges come by so you can point out what you want them to concentrate on looking at for categories like performance and aesthetic mods. If the judges can not access your car or you are not there to explain any custom modifications, then you may not get judged as highly.
  5. We will try to announce what block of cars the judges are to so you can be by your car (i.e. Cars 1 to 5 or 6 to 10). However if you are not by your car we do not have time to hunt for you and wait for you to get there.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 06-03-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Awesome!!! I'll have the Judging info and Mod sheet stuff up this weekend.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Looks like I'm goin to KC two weekends in a row! I'll be there the weekend before, for the color run. I live in wichita so it isn't too far away!
The following users liked this post:
mattyloudness (04-19-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 08:28 PM
Chapter Leader (Midwest Region)

Received 784 Likes on 558 Posts
Finally some closure.

Steve do you have this thread stickied everywhere so we can get attendance up?

Oh and BTW, guys/gals try to keep this thread clear of the "why is this meet in KS not (insert place here)". This is where the "national" meet started and will be here until we (locals, Steve) want to give it up. If you want to set up a meet in your neck of the woods, go right ahead. We look forward to seeing a lot of you and meeting some new faces.

Last edited by McCollins23; 03-26-2013 at 08:41 PM.
SilverSVT (03-26-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Mile High

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Now lets hope my schedules work out so I can make it
mattyloudness (04-19-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by McCollins23
Finally some closure.

Steve do you have this thread stickied everywhere so we can get attendance up?

I'm working on this now.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:40 PM

Received 9,495 Likes on 6,167 Posts
Awesome work Steven! I really missed not attending last year so I hope I can make up for it this year
Old 03-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Awwwwwww yeah
Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Team Owner

Guys, this is not a conversation on why this event isn't somewhere else. We do this same thing every year.....why is it in Kansas City.

So your posts have been cleaned.

Please discuss this meet here. It is a free meet if you do not want your car to be judged. Since we had so many people sign up for last years meet and less than half showed up, we are asking for a $20 registration fee. With that, you get a free Meet t-shirt and much more.

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Chapter Leader (Chicago)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
awesome...

:yippy: thanks....
Old 03-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Quarterlife Crisis....

Received 108 Likes on 84 Posts
Sweet! This fits perfectly in my schedule.

I wonder if I can make it there on one tank of Diesel.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by gr8ness97
That would be awesome! How far was your drive last time?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by gr8ness97
Sweet! This fits perfectly in my schedule.

What is your best range for your car, and how many miles to here? That would be awesome.

Look forward to seeing you again.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:20 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,672 Likes on 2,501 Posts
First prize is lower than last year. I was looking to come if I knew it could cover all my gas and hotel for the trip.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 AM

Like you'd win
civicdrivr (04-07-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,672 Likes on 2,501 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Like you'd win
I go into every competition thinking I can win
Old 03-27-2013, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
I wouldn't vote for your car

Old 03-27-2013, 12:46 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts
O SNAP, I am off that weekend. Wife already complaining about it lol.

But she is going to Oregon for a graduation so I may be able to pull this off.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Big Guns 101st

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have to make this one...
Old 03-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Chapter Leader (Chicago)

You might have a chance this year lol... I put my RL to stock... lol

Old 03-27-2013, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by RL Chi-town
You might have a chance this year lol... I put my RL to stock... lol
Your car had mods?

Old 03-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Chapter Leader (Chicago)

Your car had mods?

Punk

NO its just naturally sexy... The plates sets my car off. "sxy eva"...

lol
Old 03-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Quarterlife Crisis....

Received 108 Likes on 84 Posts
That would be awesome! How far was your drive last time?
From Pensacola its only 777. This time, my drive will be alot farther because of a conference I have to attend for work.

Originally Posted by McCollins23
What is your best range for your car, and how many miles to here? That would be awesome.

Look forward to seeing you again.
Best range so far: 808 miles, or an average of 45 mpg.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Ahhh Fudge, now I have to get my car painted

Haha, will have to make sure with the wife and confirm we have no weddings that weekend; otherwise I'm in!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Ill be there for sure
Old 03-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
OH SNAP!!! close enough for me to go. but my question is that their is like 3 Oklahoma Joe's BBQ places. So which one?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:32 PM

They are all within close proximity to each other. It will probably be the Olathe location (119th st)
Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 64 Posts
Well its only a 3 hour drive from Wichita. Don't want my car judged (Its not a show car) but wouldn't mind the goodie bag. Can I register and request not to be judged? Also when is the deadline for registration?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Starcraft II addict

Originally Posted by NetoAzul
OH SNAP!!! close enough for me to go. but my question is that their is like 3 Oklahoma Joe's BBQ places. So which one?
You didn't go to the activity registration link yet.

All the info is on the activity registration page including addresses and Google maps links.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Starcraft II addict

Originally Posted by Oldsman71
Well its only a 3 hour drive from Wichita. Don't want my car judged (Its not a show car) but wouldn't mind the goodie bag. Can I register and request not to be judged? Also when is the deadline for registration?
When you register just select no for all the judging categories and you won't have to pay. We haven't set a hard deadline yet.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:03 PM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Thanks so much for finalizing this fellas! It is much appreciated. Steven, Matt, Buda, all you guys rock. I'm all over it for this year again...gotta show off the new shoes & Endless BBK

FWIW...that's a great amount of stuff for the $20 entry. Definitely worth it IMO.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys, I've been to the mid-west many times. People are friendly and I always enjoy myself. One of my closest friends lives Chicago. Problem is not many people live in the Kansas City area. If you hold an event in the NYC area you are near 1/5 of the entire country's population and would have a bigger turnout. Hope the next one is in the northeast.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:05 AM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Buda
You didn't go to the activity registration link yet.

All the info is on the activity registration page including addresses and Google maps links.
Yeah didn't check there. How many people showed up last year?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Team Owner

First prize is lower than last year. I was looking to come if I knew it could cover all my gas and hotel for the trip.

Colt, we split out the grand prize giveaway from last year to spread the love around!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 571 Likes on 304 Posts
god damn hopefully I don't have my car under the knife for engine work that weekend. Gonna be cutting it close.

I will tentatively be planning to go to this, though.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by acuralvr1
Guys, I've been to the mid-west many times. People are friendly and I always enjoy myself. One of my closest friends lives Chicago. Problem is not many people live in the Kansas City area. If you hold an event in the NYC area you are near 1/5 of the entire country's population and would have a bigger turnout. Hope the next one is in the northeast.
This has been talked about every year. It is perfect were its been held. I lived out east NY NJ grew up out there. You might be correct more attendees but that area is more expensive on the hotels as is a real Zoo with traffic. I use to commute to NYC every day for school. Some things are better left alone. Look a Sturgis people from all over the country attend no one complains.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsman71
Originally Posted by Buda
When you register just select no for all the judging categories and you won't have to pay. We haven't set a hard deadline yet.
Sean, I think what he was saying is that he doesnt mind paying so he can get the shirt,stickers, etc. So people would just pay the fee and click no on each of the categories?

Also when we pay, who is keeping track of that? I forgot to put any additional info in the comments box of the paypal "invoice" so I hope he can figure out who I am. So for a heads up you guys might want to put any/all info in that box when you send the paypal to Jim. I would recommend putting your name, AZ screen name, and what the payment was for (2013 Nat'l meet registration).
Old 03-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Top post says June 9th, 2011.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL THREAD-2013 AcuraZine National Meet.