Anti-Theft Problem...Please Help!!! - AcuraZine Community
AcuraZine Acura Forums Home Acura CL Forums Acura ILX Forums Acura MDX Forums Acura NSX Forums Acura RDX ForumsAcura RL ForumsAcura RSX ForumsAcura TL ForumsAcura TSX ForumsAcuraZine ZDX DiscussionAcuraZine Regional DiscussionAcuraZine Off Topic Discussion

Go Back   AcuraZine Community > AcuraZine CL Community > First Generation CL Discussion > Problems & Fixes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark All Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor DirectoryGarage
Search
Welcome to AcuraZine Community

submit to reddit

Old 09-08-2010, 6:44 PM   #1
Boomin'System
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: (0)
Anti-Theft Problem...Please Help!!!

Today when I tried to start my 99 Acura 3.0 it wouldn't crank. Apparently the anti theft was engaged somehow and now it will not start. I had this problem a few days ago. Last time I left it overnight and upon returning...it worked.

I purchased this car a few weeks ago and it did not come with a remote nor have I had the money to buy one. My bday is around the corner & it will definitely be on the top of my list . I am new to the state and I don't know anyone, I just had to take a $20 taxi home and I will have to do the same get back to my car later

My question is...

Is there a way to deactivate the anti theft light so that I can start my car without having to wait 24 hours and lose $40? (I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes and it didn't work). Any tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Acurazine!
Boomin'System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 7:38 PM   #2
P0401
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: (1)
Points: 4,423, Level: 42 Points: 4,423, Level: 42 Points: 4,423, Level: 42
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
I think the security thing you are refering to is in the switch not the ainti theft system that the remote controls. I have a 97 so I may be wrong here. I think the 98-99 had a encoded key and if the switch doesn't read that its the correct key it will not crank. The switch was recalled and you may be able to get yours fixed for free but you would have to either call your honda/acura dealer or look it up online to see if your car was under the recall or not
P0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 8:34 PM   #3
Boomin'System
Garage is empty, add now

Threadstarter
Thx PO401...but it's not the switch. I've already went to the dealership to have that problem fixed for free. The ignition switch is fine (i guess)
Boomin'System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 8:54 PM   #4
P0401
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: (1)
Points: 4,423, Level: 42 Points: 4,423, Level: 42 Points: 4,423, Level: 42
ok, as I said I have a 97 and we have an alarm and stuff but no security thing like the 98-99 has
P0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
codeman200
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Points: 890, Level: 15 Points: 890, Level: 15 Points: 890, Level: 15
check your security fuse under the hood and make sure that isnt blown cuz if it is your car will go into theft mode, also make sure your keys good because if some that transponder chip in the key got lose you'll have to get a different key, and it has to have that chip to start.
codeman200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 6:52 PM   #6
The Landis
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomin'System View Post
Thx PO401...but it's not the switch. I've already went to the dealership to have that problem fixed for free. The ignition switch is fine (i guess)
there was a recall on the ignition, i just got mine fixed
The Landis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 6:52 PM
AcuraZine
Acura Integra

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
acura, acurazine, anti, antitheft, engaged, light, mdx, mode, navigation, problem, problems, rl, start, stays, system, theft, tsx, working