Seat Belt Will Not Recoil/Ripped - AcuraZine Community
AcuraZine Acura Forums Home Acura CL Forums Acura ILX Forums Acura MDX Forums Acura NSX Forums Acura RDX ForumsAcura RL ForumsAcura RSX ForumsAcura TL ForumsAcura TSX ForumsAcuraZine ZDX DiscussionAcuraZine Regional DiscussionAcuraZine Off Topic Discussion

Go Back   AcuraZine Community > AcuraZine TL Community > Second Generation TL (1999-2003) > Problems & Fixes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark All Read ExperienceUsed CarsVendor DirectoryGarage
Search
Welcome to AcuraZine Community

submit to reddit

Old 08-14-2009, 5:18 PM   #1
xtremex626
Regional Coordinator (SoCal)
2003 Acura TL

Trader Rating: (1)
Points: 18,728, Level: 86 Points: 18,728, Level: 86 Points: 18,728, Level: 86
Activity: 0.9%
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Seat Belt Will Not Recoil/Ripped

This seems crazy. Problem after problem for my TL-S... the right rear seat belt will not work. It does not recoil and it is kind of ripped near the top part. I had nothing to do with this as I am the second owner of the vehicle. The previous owner did the damage and I just called Metro Acura and asked if the lifetime warranty for the seatbelts were still active and they said not if damage was done to it. Basically, it had to be a defect in order for it to be under warranty. I understand that Acura has had several recalls on the seatbelts but I don't think this is fair because I bought the car like that, not knowing it had a broken seatbelt (guess it's my fault but I would still like to get it replaced because it is a safety issue when driving other passengers, and I do drive friends around). How should I go about this? I definately don't wanna fork out money to replace this issue when it's not my fault. Thanks for any advice/comments/suggestions.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Acurazine!
xtremex626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 6:14 PM   #2
mlassek
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: (0)
call a different acura dealer to make an appointment and tell the service writer you will give him a 100% on the survey.
unless a dog chewed thru it i dont see why it wouldnt be covered. i am an acura technician and have replaced tons of ripped seatbelts and countless belts that wont retract anymore under warranty
Old 08-14-2009, 8:44 PM   #3
xtremex626
Regional Coordinator (SoCal)
2003 Acura TL

Trader Rating: (1)
Threadstarter
Points: 18,728, Level: 86 Points: 18,728, Level: 86 Points: 18,728, Level: 86
Activity: 0.9%
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassek View Post
call a different acura dealer to make an appointment and tell the service writer you will give him a 100% on the survey.
unless a dog chewed thru it i dont see why it wouldnt be covered. i am an acura technician and have replaced tons of ripped seatbelts and countless belts that wont retract anymore under warranty
Excuse me for my noobiness, but who is the service writer and what survey? But yeah, I will definately contact a different Acura dealer. Thanks.
xtremex626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 9:38 PM   #4
mlassek
Registered Member
Garage is empty, add now

the service writer is the guy that you deal with, the medium between you and the tech. they get most of their income from the monthly CSI bonus that is based off of their survey scores. if they get one bad survey it can cost them over $1000 so a guaranteed good survey is great news. the techs get a CSI bonus as well but earn most of their money flat rate.
every time you bring your car in for service acura will call and/or email you with a survey of how your experience was at the dealer but no more than once every six months

some asshole gave me a 5 on a survey last month b/c the carwash guy didnt do a very good job even tho he was satisfied with the work i did. no my fault but that dick cost me $380 dollars just for that one survey so just make sure you take care of them and they will remember you and will take care of you in the future

Last edited by mlassek; 08-14-2009 at 9:42 PM.
mlassek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 9:50 PM   #5
niju321
Registered Member
1999 Acura TL

Points: 4,986, Level: 45 Points: 4,986, Level: 45 Points: 4,986, Level: 45
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
ok so at the dealer i go to, you pull into this garage thing and there are 4 guys sitting at tiny desks with computers....those are the service writers, the people you normally talk to about what you need done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafted33 View Post
I feel that the eighth transmission is the charm.
niju321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 2:43 AM   #6
Gfaze
'12 & '13 AL West Champs!
2000 Acura TL
My Garage

Points: 14,048, Level: 76 Points: 14,048, Level: 76 Points: 14,048, Level: 76
Activity: 0.4%
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Don't tell the dealer anything about the belt being damaged. Just tell them it doesn't retract anymore. DON'T SAY ANYTHING ELSE, YOU'LL JUST COST YOURSELF A FREE BELT REPLACEMENT!
Gfaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 2:43 AM
AcuraZine
Acura Integra

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
2008, acura, belt, belts, chewed, dog, faulty, honda, recoil, retract, retracting, ripping, rsx, seat, seatbelt, tl, wont