I have just bought a 2005 RL, but it only came with 1 Key fob (happens to be driver 2). I have bought 2 OEM fobs, but don't know how to program them to work with the car. Is there any guidance on this anywhere, or do I have to take them to a dealer to accomplish this?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on Acurazine!
this does not say anything about the 05 but its worth a shot
04 3.5RL with factory-installed security
Programming the Transmitter
• The system accepts up to three transmitters.
• Entering the programming mode cancels all learned
transmitter codes, so none of the previously
programmed transmitters will work. You must
reprogram all of the transmitters once you are in the
• You must perform each of the first twelve steps
within 5 seconds of each other to enter programming
mode. Programming each transmitter (step 13) must
be done within 10 seconds.
1. Make sure the doors are unlocked.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
3. Press the “LOCK” or “UNLOCK” button on the
4. Turn the ignition switch to ACCESSORY (I) or
5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
6. Press the “LOCK” or “UNLOCK” button on the
7. Turn the ignition switch to ACCESSORY (I) or
8. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
9. Press the “LOCK” or “UNLOCK” button on the
10. Turn the ignition switch to ACCESSORY (I) or
11. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
12. Press the “LOCK” or “UNLOCK” button on the
same transmitter. Make sure the door locks cycle to
indicate that the system has entered programming
13. Press the “LOCK” button on each transmitter that is
being programmed. Make sure the power door
locks cycle each time to indicate the transmitter has
14. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the
Turning the Audible Chirp On/Off
To turn the audible chirp on, press and hold the
“TRUNK RELEASE” button, then immediately press
and hold the ”LOCK” button. The LED on the
transmitter will come on for one second. Release the
buttons when the LED goes out. Repeat this procedure
to turn the audible chirp off. The LED will blink twice.
You have to go to the dealer to have the new remotes programmed.
Reference: 2006 RL owner's manual, page 166
The Cleveland Sports Curse continues, but I am still a Cavs fan! 2014 RLX Sport Hybrid Advance Crystal Black Pearl/Greystone
2013 CTS-V 6 MT wagon, Opulent Blue Metallic/Ebony
Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Acurazine.com content, comments, or advertising. Acurazine.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Acurazine.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.