If not the RDX then what?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 08:28 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
My wife drives a 14 tech awd but I was looking at pre-owned 14 MY Porche Cayenne's over the weekend. I am still researching so did not get out for a test drive, but I'd assume 1G RDX owners will probably appreciate the ride of an Cayenne.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:34 AM
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by silental
Will do on the MKC. One of my neighbors has one (just noticed it while walking my dog) and it is really sharp looking. Not sure what year. It has an "EcoBoost" badge on the rear. "Too small" sounds like a problem for me since I'm trying to go to something bigger/taller (mostly taller), for my frame (6'3, 225 lbs.) from an '05 TL.. My wife will be with me...and knowing her...if she likes it...it's a GO!!!! You married guys will know what I mean.
We had the offer of a $75 Visa card from a car show on the table if we drove an MKC. It's very Lincoln-y, all smooth and syrupy, everything toned down for Matthew What's-His-Name classy motoring. Steering, handling, responsiveness, not there. One would get tired of the luxury very soon while those payments are still due every month. That and the dealership was a bit of a turnoff: We chatted about the MKC in the shadow of an F250 dually in the Ford showroom. There was no compelling reason to move on from the RDX.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:17 PM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Haha, CanTex, that's a great avatar!! Nicely done. (inside joke, people) Bet the MKC didn't have one of those.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by thephantom
My wife drives a 14 tech awd but I was looking at pre-owned 14 MY Porche Cayenne's over the weekend. I am still researching so did not get out for a test drive, but I'd assume 1G RDX owners will probably appreciate the ride of an Cayenne.
Us 1G rdxers love the cayenne. We however do not love the price tag lol. But seriously speaking though, I want a cayenne turbo S one day so bad!!
Old 02-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

For sure. The 1G has the German ride and feel to it. More solid and planted than the current gen, I suppose due to the suspension and tire set-up.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:53 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

For sure. The 1G just has the Germanic ride and feel to it. More solid and planted than the current gen, I suppose due to the suspension and tire set up.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CanTex
We had the offer of a $75 Visa card from a car show on the table if we drove an MKC. It's very Lincoln-y, all smooth and syrupy, everything toned down for Matthew What's-His-Name classy motoring. Steering, handling, responsiveness, not there. One would get tired of the luxury very soon while those payments are still due every month. That and the dealership was a bit of a turnoff: We chatted about the MKC in the shadow of an F250 dually in the Ford showroom. There was no compelling reason to move on from the RDX.
Agree totally with all of the above, perception wise. I have NEVER been a fan of Cadillacs or Lincolns. They "makes statements" that is so not me. Porsche...yes!!! Had a 911 in a former life.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Skidoor
Haha, CanTex, that's a great avatar!! Nicely done. (inside joke, people) Bet the MKC didn't have one of those.
Yeah, it's a great reminder should I ever feel the need to investigate a Toyota or Lexus ever again. ;-) On the MKC, I don't recall - it was probably on the steering wheel. Didn't matter, this dealer was of the "What's it gonna take to get you in this car today???" genre - couldn't wait to get out of there (Image of the cartoon roadrunner). I made sure they signed the certificate for that $75 Visa card.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:03 PM
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Qx50?

Good info in this thread. Thanks for sharing. Interested in thoughts that this group might have on the redesigned Infiniti QX50....which was shown at one of the auto shows (Detroit?) in January. Looks to be an attractive competitor....although its not clear when that redesigned version will be available? Again.....appreciate the experience and thinking of the group.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by jjj99
Good info in this thread. Thanks for sharing. Interested in thoughts that this group might have on the redesigned Infiniti QX50....which was shown at one of the auto shows (Detroit?) in January. Looks to be an attractive competitor....although its not clear when that redesigned version will be available? Again.....appreciate the experience and thinking of the group.
I think it looks sick. But rumour has it that it's moving to a FWD architecture and is going to have some ultra complex multi compression turbo type deal. My vote is to wait a few years lol. The other thing is that I don't know what the production model will look like because the concept looks huge.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CanTex
The Outback has matured significantly since we first drove one in 2010. A longtime colleague surprised us - after years of Acuras starting with an Integra he bought a fully-loaded Outback and wondered why he waited so long. He also owns a Lexus EX350 that his wife won't get into because of the "bomb" of a passenger airbag that still awaits replacement. On the Outback it is still a hard sell with my wife because it looks like a station wagon. But now there's a new Subaru dealer just a few miles away near DFW airport *. Though we are commited to becoming a one-car family again when the TLX lease expires, if I ever decided to get that second car again the Outback would be on my list. Acura has nothing for me - we don't need two RDXs.

* There's also a rumor of a new Acura dealer negotiating for land in the same area. Yay! Less travel for service.
Autoweek wasn't so comlimentary of the Outback, especially the 3.6: 2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring review with price, horsepower and photo gallery
Old 02-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
they totally missed the point... that flat six is butter smooth and makes a lot less noise when asking it to do it's job... besides most outback owners that have the 2.5L wish they would have sprung for the flat 6. I drive one and I can tell you it is awesome sauce. CVT has been around since 2015 and it is very good at what it does.. I managed a very respectable 29 mpg mixed in a '15
Old 02-07-2017, 04:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
they totally missed the point... that flat six is butter smooth and makes a lot less noise when asking it to do it's job... besides most outback owners that have the 2.5L wish they would have sprung for the flat 6. I drive one and I can tell you it is awesome sauce. CVT has been around since 2015 and it is very good at what it does.. I managed a very respectable 29 mpg mixed in a '15
How's throttle tip-in and how are the brakes? Autoweek was not pleased about either. And the cabin is not up to so-called luxury standards for the price, I gather.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
again having driven one those dual piston calipers are nice, it stops just like I would expect it to for it's weight. If you have sat in a 2015 Legacy with leather, then you know what the outback is like as they are identical. An outback has luxury touches but it is a snow eating machine first. I was very happy when I drove one for 2 weeks