Rivet-On Fender Flares - a Short Story

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 08:16 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Rivet-On Fender Flares - a Short Story

Heyyyy guys!

So I just purchased a set of four Clinched rivet-on fender flares and I'm waiting for them to come in the mail now! I've never really seen them on any other CL's with the exception of this one:

The size of the spacers is about 2" which will mean I need to buy some hubcentric wheel spacers. Not sure if I will do 2" spacers or 1 & 3/4" spacers. My ideal scenario is to basically 3M them up for a little while and see how they look. I'd really much rather not have to cut the fenders in order to get them to fit properly, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Other than that, I'll be interested to see how it comes out. Coming from the guy who did the S2000 style hood vents and then changed to a carbon fiber hood less than two months later, I hope I won't regret it haha.

But then again, I'm going for a track-styled build (i.e. full rear diffuser, semi-slicks up front on maybe a 18x10 wheel, front canards, etc.).

Here's what the flares will be going on. I'm going to have them painted NBP so that they actually look clean.

Other than that, does anyone have any pictures of anyone else who has done rivet-on flares on a CL or even a TL? Let me know your thoughts!

- morgss
The following users liked this post:
usdmJON (08-25-2015)