Radio wont turn on and anti theft light not flashing?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 10:09 PM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Radio wont turn on and anti theft light not flashing?!?

So this morning i drove my 02 tl-s and the radio was working totally fine then i came home for about an hour got back in my car to go to work and i noticed the radio was off. I went to turn it on and nothing. The screen did not come on and i have no sound and the anti theft light is no longer flashing. however the lights on all of the buttons were on and when u first turn on the car you can hear the cd changer making noise so i know the radio has power going to it. Has anyone had this issue or know of any solutions or recommendations for me??

I have already checked fuses 9 and 11 in passenger compartment and they are good.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:05 PM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well. in case anyone else runs into this issue it turned out to be the radio that took a sh*t on me. I know this because i swapped it out with a buddies of mine who has the same car. We had really cold weather when it happened so i assume thats what caused it to fail. who knows
The following users liked this post:
TLer trash (01-20-2016)
Old 01-20-2016, 10:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 194 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post the solution; especially when no one could give you any ideas.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,392 Posts
I had this happen to my '03 CL a few years ago. Used carparts.com to find a stock radio in my area and replaced only the upper radio portion. I reused my original CD stacking device because the junker did not work. :UGH: If you go this route, make sure to get the VIN from the donor car and use with the radio serial # to get the proper radio activation code.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:40 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey bpenn627! This seems to be my problem too. Except I can't hear the CDs changing, only my cassette player winding, since I have a cassette aux output in there. Can I ask what you're doing to fix the problem? I don't have a friend with a similar car so I can't exactly test that my stereo just died. But everything you described sounds exactly like my situation. No broken fuse, anti theft light not flashing.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:41 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have to note, that the weather is completely fine here. I live in southern California so I doubt that what caused it was the weather