cruise control not working- tl 2003

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 08:54 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cruise control not working- tl 2003

I have an acura tl type-s 2003 and the cruise control is not working. the switch for cruise control beside the steering wheel works and a green light comes ON when i press the switch. But the cruise control light on the speedo does not come ON and the buttons on the steering wheel dont work either.(the brake grummet was changed recently.i dont know if improper installation could have spoilt the cruise control)

Also, I dont know if this is related or if it is an issue, but when i turn the ignition ON, and all the lights on the speedo (ABS etc.) come ON and slowly go out, except for the brake warning light. the brake warning light stays ON until i start the engine, and then goes OFF.(this might not be a problem but i dont remember this happening before).

The third problem is that the ignition does not work some times.the car just doesnt start when i turn the key. theres no sound from the engine too,when I try to start it . This happens randomly(used to happen rarely before, but now its getting frequent)

I dont know if these issues are related.
Please help. i would be extremely grateful
Old 08-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts
Not sure on your brake light question..I'd have to check on mine but it sounds normal. The ignition issue sounds like perhaps the ignition switch is going bad. For the cruise control, not sure if this is your issue, but when mine stopped working a few years ago, I found the cable had come off where it attaches at the intake. Actually a piece if the plastic housing that the cable wraps around had broken off and the cable would then slip out if its attachment point. I was able to rig it with some fine bailing wire and it has held ever since.
The following users liked this post:
ravitejakv (08-02-2015)
Old 08-02-2015, 05:23 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcDavidoff
Not sure on your brake light question..I'd have to check on mine but it sounds normal. The ignition issue sounds like perhaps the ignition switch is going bad. For the cruise control, not sure if this is your issue, but when mine stopped working a few years ago, I found the cable had come off where it attaches at the intake. Actually a piece if the plastic housing that the cable wraps around had broken off and the cable would then slip out if its attachment point. I was able to rig it with some fine bailing wire and it has held ever since.
hey, thanks a lot for the info.can you tell me where exactly to locate this cable?
Old 08-02-2015, 09:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts
Actually here is a post with someone else who had the same issue. He fixed it with some plastic cement.
https://acurazine.com/forums/problem...ontrol-738998/