Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

OFFICIAL 8th Annual AcuraZine National Meet-Winners Listed on Page 5, Post 190

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 02:54 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Nukem
So is 2016s in the work?
It is not being held this year for several reasons which I'll let Steven elaborate on if needed. We are hoping to hold one next year.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:49 AM
Just drive...

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
Just my thoughts....if you're relying on Acurazine to gauge interest in the annual meet, then obviously it will never come back.

If you put out an event on social media (i.e. Facebook), I'm willing to bet that you would gain much more interest than you had even in previous years.

It's a shame that there isn't going to be a meet in KC for the 2016 year. I know that several in my area were looking forward to the event again and traveling down.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:33 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,094 Likes on 749 Posts
Yeah was looking forward to 2016 but this definitely is a shocking and sad news indeed.

Let's hope for a good 2017.

Or maybe an unofficial meet should start to be organized?
Old 03-30-2016, 05:50 PM
Starcraft II addict

I'm open to still doing something if people would like to. I just don't think we are going to get official support from Jay Wolfe. It would be more casual (no judging) and such but possibly still do more weekend activities.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:28 PM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
That's a bummer that there won't be a 2016 meet in KC. I was looking forward to it. Last year was fun, maybe next year?
Old 04-02-2016, 01:12 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Interested in knowing reasons if someone wants to PM me. Think I know why though.

Acura does not really sell cars for enthusiasts anymore and I can see how all the time, effort, and money spent on meet and organizing it would not be returned in business for dealership.

If there isn't a meet this year, would be surprised if it ever comes back. The honda/Acura scene is just dead now.

Glad I was fortunate enough to make it to 5 or 6 of the meets. It was always a blast and my favorite car meet/show.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Buda
I'm open to still doing something if people would like to. I just don't think we are going to get official support from Jay Wolfe. It would be more casual (no judging) and such but possibly still do more weekend activities.
Well that is a bummer. Well what else can we do. What are your suggestion Buda. I really enjoyed this comradery and the timsse together. Please let us know if you have any Ideas
Old 04-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Starcraft II addict

I shot a message to Steven about it. We are thinking on it. My initial thoughts is that we can do the same weekend as usual and plan a weekend of activities. We can do meet out at Shawnee Mission Park so we can do some photo shoots and we could potentially do a sporting event too. There would be no sponsorships, judging, etc. Stress free meet where all could enjoy and potentially do more stuff together.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by brian6speed
Interested in knowing reasons if someone wants to PM me. Think I know why though.

Acura does not really sell cars for enthusiasts anymore and I can see how all the time, effort, and money spent on meet and organizing it would not be returned in business for dealership.

If there isn't a meet this year, would be surprised if it ever comes back. The honda/Acura scene is just dead now.

Glad I was fortunate enough to make it to 5 or 6 of the meets. It was always a blast and my favorite car meet/show.
So sad!
Old 04-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Guys,

Buda texted me in regards to this thread. I can elaborate on what was discussed concerning this year's Meet.

In reviewing the roster of attendees, we relatively seem to have mostly the same guys that come every year. Yes, there is nothing wrong with the same people coming each year. But the concern is that we are not growing the Meet with Acura owners.

I truly enjoy seeing everyone that attends each year. But for the last 3-4 years, our numbers have remained close to the same each year or have been diminishing for Acura cars.

Plus, most of the Acuras that attend are 2nd and 3rd Generation cars. For the TL, we are two generations beyond now.

In talking with Jim at Jay Wolfe Acura, we promised each other that we would absolutely, positively revisit doing the National Meet again next year........absolutely, positively!
The following users liked this post:
nist7 (02-15-2017)
Old 04-04-2016, 07:45 PM
Safety Car

^^^Maybe we should brainstorm ideas to grow the meet/enthusiasm?

Not to beat a dead horse too much but the fact that most of the enthusiasts are still into 2 generations behind cars may speak a bit about the modern/later offerings of the Acura model line-up...

Next would definitely be something to meet with since there will likely be at least 1 NSX 2.0 owner in the KC who may bring out the car to the meet and that will definitely generate more interest as well....
Old 04-04-2016, 10:46 PM
Instructor

That's because the 3G TL is the best TL that Acura made!

To this day, I think the 3G bodystyle was way ahead of it's time when they first arrived back in 2004 and it still looks good 12 years later! It's by far my favorite body style for the TLs, perfect lines and curves!
nist7 (04-04-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 10:50 PM

Received 9,495 Likes on 6,167 Posts
Very sad to hear However, much appreciation to Steven and everyone else involved with making this meet happen in years past. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to attend the meet in 2011 and certainly won't rule out attending again in the future.
Steven Bell (04-05-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 11:39 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Atlas_Gen
That's because the 3G TL is the best TL that Acura made!

To this day, I think the 3G bodystyle was way ahead of it's time when they first arrived back in 2004 and it still looks good 12 years later! It's by far my favorite body style for the TLs, perfect lines and curves!
Dude seriously.

Every time I see another 3G TL on the road I think what a timeless/modern and very sexy looking car!
Atlas_Gen (04-05-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Have you ever thought about reaching out to other forums (specific model forums)? Usually if there is a meet I tend to post it on NSXPrime to try and boost the NSX numbers at the meet. I am not sure if others do the same with other forums that they are part of. I agree there are a lot of 3G TLs It seems to be a popular model. Heck I have one as a daily. Maybe try and research some other activities to change things up from year to year. long cruises, track day, tech times, Karting, etc. Adding variety and seeing what the community would like to see would be a way to help add to the same old routine. I and a few other people I talked to did feel that the show was slightly bias. It almost felt like the more you knew the organizer the better chance you had to win. Now I wasn't expecting to win and didn't care if I did. I came down for the cars. However I was not the only one that had that feeling. The main point is adding variety to the show. Maybe every year each regional president (if you have those) researches what type of activities and locations to host the show, then submits a package to the head of Acurazine and any other moderators, admins etc decide on where to host it based on the packages submitted. Then the week after the Acurazine show you announce next years location with the proposed activities. Every year the location changes, but it doesn't end up on one spot of the country. Now let's say one year it ends up in Palm beach, sure you alienate your east coast guys, but then the following year you approve a package for Atlanta or something, then the following year, Chicago, then KC, then Seattle etc. This will add variety of location and events, stuff to do. I know ITR club does this and so does NSXCA. people outside the mid-west have a hard time making it here to the mid-west. The reason I recommend this is because I notice a lot of people complain about driving distances, Sure you make it one year or two but chances are in a 3 year period you'll have an Acurazine annual meet in a city close to you.
It is sad that there will not be a meet this year.

Last edited by Nukem; 04-09-2016 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you ever thought about reaching out to other forums (specific model forums)? Usually if there is a meet I tend to post it on NSXPrime to try and boost the NSX numbers at the meet. I am not sure if others do the same with other forums that they are part of. I agree there are a lot of 3G TLs It seems to be a popular model. Heck I have one as a daily. Maybe try and research some other activities to change things up from year to year. long cruises, track day, tech times, Karting, etc. Adding variety and seeing what the community would like to see would be a way to help add to the same old routine. I and a few other people I talked to did feel that the show was slightly bias. It almost felt like the more you knew the organizer the better chance you had to win. Now I wasn't expecting to win and didn't care if I did. I came down for the cars. However I was not the only one that had that feeling. The main point is adding variety to the show. Maybe every year each regional president (if you have those) researches what type of activities and locations to host the show, then submits a package to the head of Acurazine and any other moderators, admins etc decide on where to host it based on the packages submitted. Then the week after the Acurazine show you announce next years location with the proposed activities. Every year the location changes, but it doesn't end up on one spot of the country. Now let's say one year it ends up in Palm beach, sure you alienate your east coast guys, but then the following year you approve a package for Atlanta or something, then the following year, Chicago, then KC, then Seattle etc. This will add variety of location and events, stuff to do. I know ITR club does this and so does NSXCA. people outside the mid-west have a hard time making it here to the mid-west. The reason I recommend this is because I notice a lot of people complain about driving distances, Sure you make it one year or two but chances are in a 3 year period you'll have an Acurazine annual meet in a city close to you.
It is sad that there will not be a meet this year.
Just wanted to chime in about Honda/Acura meets. My brother and I are apart of the ITRCA.com community(Integra Type R Club of America) Every year ITRCA holds a event called the ITR Expo. This coming October we are attending ITR EXPO 16 at VIR(Virginia International Raceway). It's probably one of my favorite events to attend. I'm not saying that the Acurazine event isn't fun, but ITR Expo is more than just a car show. It's a event to where we can get on the road course and drive like some crazy people lol jk jk. I think if Acurazine Meets can open up more like ITR Expo Or WMHM(Western Michigan Honda Meets) then I think more people besides the same group would attend this meet! If it can be done that would be awesome! I'm working with the guys at ITRCA to hold a Expo at Heartland Park...how awesome would that be. Or like how the Northeast does HondaDay
Old 04-30-2016, 08:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DC2R98
Just wanted to chime in about Honda/Acura meets. My brother and I are apart of the ITRCA.com community(Integra Type R Club of America) Every year ITRCA holds a event called the ITR Expo. This coming October we are attending ITR EXPO 16 at VIR(Virginia International Raceway). It's probably one of my favorite events to attend. I'm not saying that the Acurazine event isn't fun, but ITR Expo is more than just a car show. It's a event to where we can get on the road course and drive like some crazy people lol jk jk. I think if Acurazine Meets can open up more like ITR Expo Or WMHM(Western Michigan Honda Meets) then I think more people besides the same group would attend this meet! If it can be done that would be awesome! I'm working with the guys at ITRCA to hold a Expo at Heartland Park...how awesome would that be. Or like how the Northeast does HondaDay
That is Awesome. NSXPO is organized very similar. Like you said it is way more than just a car show. They have track days, tech days, cruises, shows, etc. I was thinking the same if Acurazine set things up similar to ITR EXPO or NSXPO It would allow for a variety of different people to show.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:13 AM
Instructor

Track day would be fun and definitely cruises!
Old 05-21-2016, 07:38 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
Let me translate for you. This meet costs a lot to put on. The dealership makes nothing in return. Simple as that. Plus Acura sales across the board are really suffering. Jan was the worst month for Acura sales in the past 10 years.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:08 AM
Lone Wolf

Integra type r and NSX owners are passionate about their cars, track driving (road courses not drag racing), etc.

Acurazine members are different. When you say track on Azine everyone means drag strip. People on Azine with TL's etc are interested in Stance, Power, and speed in a straight line only. They do not track or autocross their cars. They make their cars handle and drive worse for hard parking at car meets/shows. Suspension on Azine just means lowering car and adding camber kits to get alignment back in spec.

It is just a totally different crowd of ppl. That is why events are different.

I will get flamed for this post.

The fact that Acura sells only fwd and awd cars, yet their tlx race cars in World Challenge are rwd show's how stupid Acura is. Can someone explain how racing a rwd acura will sell fwd or awd cars. Acura is a joke since early 2000s.

The one guarantee when going to track day is that I will be only Acura at event. Might get lucky and see older civic, RSX, or integra. Good luck ever seeing newer acura's there.

Bring back proper fwd cars with double wishbone suspensions, and rwd like s2000 and NSX.

Screw New NSX and the mac strut suspensions.

Last edited by brian6speed; 05-22-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:36 AM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by twigglius
Let me translate for you. This meet costs a lot to put on. The dealership makes nothing in return. Simple as that. Plus Acura sales across the board are really suffering. Jan was the worst month for Acura sales in the past 10 years.
i believe this, after look at the 3rd gen tl and the 5th gen together.. if you put a clean/mint 3rd gen next to it, the 3rd gen wins everytime.. its like they hit the top of the mountain with the 3rd gen and can't go up from there.. so sad about the meet, was looking foward to it tho
Old 05-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by EVOLICARUS
i believe this, after look at the 3rd gen tl and the 5th gen together.. if you put a clean/mint 3rd gen next to it, the 3rd gen wins everytime.. its like they hit the top of the mountain with the 3rd gen and can't go up from there.. so sad about the meet, was looking foward to it tho
I guess if subjective looks are only thing you care about(this is problem with current acura owners).

I prefer my 2nd Gen CL over 3rd Gen TL. Obviously no 3rd Gen owner will think same as me and will assume every aspect of their car is better just because it is newer.

Last edited by brian6speed; 05-23-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by twigglius
Like several of us have tried giving ideas as to make the meet better. I realize it costs money to put on...I think everyone knows that. However that was not the reason given for not having the show. The reason was same cars/people show up and it is all the same. We have given suggestions on what to do to help increase variety. You on the other hand, just complain, without giving any real solutions or suggestions.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts
Like several of us have tried giving ideas as to make the meet better. I realize it costs money to put on...I think everyone knows that. However that was not the reason given for not having the show. The reason was same cars/people show up and it is all the same. We have given suggestions on what to do to help increase variety. You on the other hand, just complain, without giving any real solutions or suggestions.

I apologize that we couldn't do the Meet this year, last year was great with having the Race-inspired TLX GT car at the show and we had the highest number of NSX's turn out ever. With that being said we had 8 years and we really appreciate all of the input and each year tried to maximize participation to increase the show size and everyone's time and effort that it took to travel to the event. We will definitely revisit the event next year. Our goal would be to have

For those who do not have any plans this weekend I wanted everyone to know that there is an Exclusive car show happening at the Kansas City Art Institute and we will have our 91 and 2005 NSX on display. You will find a variety of rare vehicles at this event and although not necessarily Acura I just wanted to let everyone know for those who might be interested.

https://www.artofthecarconcours.com/

Old 06-23-2016, 07:37 PM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
my car will be ready for next year's meet for sure!
Old 06-27-2016, 09:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mattyloudness
I apologize that we couldn't do the Meet this year, last year was great with having the Race-inspired TLX GT car at the show and we had the highest number of NSX's turn out ever. With that being said we had 8 years and we really appreciate all of the input and each year tried to maximize participation to increase the show size and everyone's time and effort that it took to travel to the event. We will definitely revisit the event next year. Our goal would be to have

For those who do not have any plans this weekend I wanted everyone to know that there is an Exclusive car show happening at the Kansas City Art Institute and we will have our 91 and 2005 NSX on display. You will find a variety of rare vehicles at this event and although not necessarily Acura I just wanted to let everyone know for those who might be interested.

https://www.artofthecarconcours.com/
Sorry I missed it. I did not check the forum until just now.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:18 PM
Instructor

Guess what I just found on YouTube! If you guys remember Oscar from the Acurazine meet last year in Kansas, he was really down to earth and had the KBP TL-S - Matt Farah from The Smoking Tire did a video with him! This was just posted up yesterday from The Smoking Tire channel on YouTube - Check it out! Click here -
- The 3G TL is definitely the best one ever made!!!
nist7 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 09:36 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Guys,

Buda texted me in regards to this thread. I can elaborate on what was discussed concerning this year's Meet.

In reviewing the roster of attendees, we relatively seem to have mostly the same guys that come every year. Yes, there is nothing wrong with the same people coming each year. But the concern is that we are not growing the Meet with Acura owners.

I truly enjoy seeing everyone that attends each year. But for the last 3-4 years, our numbers have remained close to the same each year or have been diminishing for Acura cars.

Plus, most of the Acuras that attend are 2nd and 3rd Generation cars. For the TL, we are two generations beyond now.

In talking with Jim at Jay Wolfe Acura, we promised each other that we would absolutely, positively revisit doing the National Meet again next year........absolutely, positively!
So 2017 is here.....any word on a potential revival of the National Acurazine Meet again at Jay Wolfe later this year?