4G TL (2009-2014)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TL or Infiniti G37

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Before deciding on the TL, I also looked at the G37. Some dealers around Annapolis and Silver Spring had some new ones in stock, before they started getting in Q50s. Acura dealers were much more willing to get a '14 TL out the door in order to make room for the TLX, compared to Infiniti dealers. Best deal I got on a G37 Tech RWD was $1500 off sticker, while I got $6300 off with the TL.

G37 definitely had a bit more grunt and handling, but it was smaller inside. G37 tech was also lacking compared to TL, IMO. I personally like the sharp lines of the TL more than the curves of the G, but that's subjective of course.

All in all, still loving the TL every day since I bought it. I frequently look back at it whenever I park it somewhere.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:14 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,582 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by Mekkanox
Before deciding on the TL, I also looked at the G37. Some dealers around Annapolis and Silver Spring had some new ones in stock, before they started getting in Q50s. Acura dealers were much more willing to get a '14 TL out the door in order to make room for the TLX, compared to Infiniti dealers. Best deal I got on a G37 Tech RWD was $1500 off sticker, while I got $6300 off with the TL.

G37 definitely had a bit more grunt and handling, but it was smaller inside. G37 tech was also lacking compared to TL, IMO. I personally like the sharp lines of the TL more than the curves of the G, but that's subjective of course.

All in all, still loving the TL every day since I bought it. I frequently look back at it whenever I park it somewhere.

100% agreed!
Old 09-03-2014, 11:30 AM
LNJ
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
I test drove the G37x as well before buying the TL SH-AWD and it felt too boy racer for me!
A little snug too...
The TL felt more grown up!
If I weren't married or without kids, I would have gotten it!
Old 05-15-2015, 08:15 AM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I hope you all don't mind bringing this thread back to life but now I'm in the same predicament. I'm starting my research and it's between the TL SH-AWD and the G37x Coupe. Here are some of my questions and hopefully you all can chime in.

Technology
The interior of the TL does look more refined than the G. However, in terms of tech, can someone explain how the TL has better tech over the G?

AWD System
I understand how the SH-AWD works and how the outer wheel gets more power on curves, does the same apply to Infiniti's AWD system?

Sound System
As far as the sound system goes (TL w/ Tech Package), are they both pretty much equal?

I'm single with no kids so I can afford the lack of space with the coupe, but keep in mind I'm 6'2" 180 lbs. and my friend thinks the coupe is too small for me.

Knowing my luck, as soon as I buy the coupe, I'm gonna end up being married with kids...lol
Old 05-15-2015, 08:30 AM
C8N
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by omgitsspooky
AWD System
I understand how the SH-AWD works and how the outer wheel gets more power on curves, does the same apply to Infiniti's AWD system?
The G, to my knowledge does not have torque vectoring.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
Ditched the TL

I was one of the first 4g shawd guys. While the interior was top notch, the performance was always a disappointment. The trans is not a sport car trans. The tires are not sport tires. Every bolt on available and the car is heavy and sluggish, slushy feeling. It's a bulky accord with a nice interior and AWD. If you're after that, you'll be happy. I sold mine and bought a c63 AMG, which finally gave me the performance I was looking gun for with only minor compromises on interior finish. The Benz has better controls, better tech, and is all around just an absolute blast to drive. Picked up a 13 with 30k on their certified program for 47, which is only about 9 more than I paid for my TL in early '10.
The following users liked this post:
hddnav (05-20-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 11:24 AM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by scottstsxse
I need advice here. If I trade my TSX in should I go with TL SH AWD or Infin G37. I like the ideal that the Infini G37 is rear wheel drive base. I've tested both over a month ago and will be testing again this weekend. I really like the look of the TL and want to stay with Acura-sale me on going with the TL SHAWD over the Infin G37 and why. Thanks.

I had a 2008 G37 coupe on a 3 year lease and now obviously I have a TL Sh-awd. My G37 was rear drive as the awd models were not available in 2008. I will give you a list of pros and cons.

G37 Pros
-Beautiful engine really nice to get on it and it pulls hard
-Great stock exhaust note
-Very nice looking car
-It is a tank I drove it to 90k miles like nothing (paid a lot in over mileage though)
-Infotainment/nav system is easy to use
-Driving dynamics for rwd are very balanced
-Extremely smooth and comfortable ride (Nice for long trips)

G37 Cons
-Fit and finish wasn't there (I had water coming in my driver window down the tweeter)
-Interior rattles (Dashboard rattled and squeaked like crazy where it meets the windshield it was really annoying)
-Muffler rattled like crazy (Got two replaced under warranty)
-Inside is cheap, literally identical to a Maxima's interior with a few quality upgrades.
-Lack of LED DRL's
-In any inclimate weather it can be a struggle (rwd only)
-Fuel economy sucked
-The 5AT transmission was horrible. They changed it to an 8 speed auto in 2009 though so I don't know if they fixed it but mine would just slip into a neutral state all the time.
-In the end it is a nicer Nissan
-Low to the ground and I bottomed out a lot (RWD lower than the AWD version)

Acura TL sh-awd pros
-Great ground clearance, I never bottom out
-Nice thick tires that make the ride smooth even on my 19's
-The Nav/infotainment system is the best i've ever had the pleasure of using
-Love the steering wheel
-Auto transmission is very smooth and operates with no hiccups
-The Display between the odometer and tachometer is so advanced showing the distribution of power to each wheel as well as the tire pressure in each wheel.
-The sound system is killer
-The engine is solid and pulls well. very balanced
-"Honda" reliability
-Extremely spacious (great to pack 4-5 people in plenty of room)
-For a FWD biased car the sh-awd is absoulutely incredible. The best of its kind in my opinion.
-Fit and finish is excellent
-high quality materials inside and out
-V-TEC BABY
-You don't feel like you're driving a nicer Honda Accord, but that you are driving an Acura, a Luxury car.

Acura sh-awd cons
-The damn key fob has cheap paint that comes off and looks like it belongs to a 1992 integra.
-The styling is alright in my opinion (Mine is a facelift I hate the pre facelifted 4g TL) but styling is subjective to the viewer
-Stock exhaust note is non existent (I have the XLR8 exhaust so its a non factor for me)
-Lack of Led's. Acura is supposed to be the "most advanced", yet they never put LED DRL's on the 4G TL.
-Wheels scratch easily (I have the advanced package with the 19's they are all scratched up and I have no curb rash at all and only 13k miles on the odometer)
-The fuel economy is below average
-The ride is smooth but not cushy like the G37 (Might be my 19's)

All in all I have to say I am happier with my Acura. I got more compliments on my G37 (for the looks obviously), but for functionality and more of a total package that you have to live with for years I tip my hat to the Acura.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Pseudomaniac
I was one of the first 4g shawd guys. While the interior was top notch, the performance was always a disappointment. The trans is not a sport car trans. The tires are not sport tires. Every bolt on available and the car is heavy and sluggish, slushy feeling. It's a bulky accord with a nice interior and AWD. If you're after that, you'll be happy. I sold mine and bought a c63 AMG, which finally gave me the performance I was looking gun for with only minor compromises on interior finish. The Benz has better controls, better tech, and is all around just an absolute blast to drive. Picked up a 13 with 30k on their certified program for 47, which is only about 9 more than I paid for my TL in early '10.

The comparison you made is apples to oranges. You are comparing a car that runs $75,000 brand new to one that runs $42,000. Obviously an AMG Mercedes is going to be better than the Acura in every category (Except reliability and inclimate weather conditions)

I got my '12 for $27,000 with 5,600 miles on the odometer. Ive done my thing with German and English cars. They cost a hell of a lot for just maintenance and when something breaks you better get a higher line of credit to pay for it. My '12 Audi S4 cost me $10,000 in repairs. I just cannot justify $4,000 for parts that would cost 1/4 on an Japanese car. I am also sure your fuel economy must be in the range of 10mpg. Everytime I get in my car I know it is going to turn on and function. My Audi and Jaguar never gave me that peace of mind. A RWD high performance Mercedes is not for everyone.

I am back to the Japanese cars for one main reason. Cost of ownership. I am in the market to buy a house right now, and when I do the last thing I want on top of my mortgage and other expenses is fixing a high performance German Luxury car. If something breaks on my Acura I am sure I will be able to fix it for a reasonable cost.
The following users liked this post:
JM2010 SH-AWD (05-15-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts
if you prefer a bigger car then go with TL
Old 05-15-2015, 01:04 PM
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts
That AMG performance is amazing, however, I do agree the part that scares me with MB is the reliability and $$$ that i'd have to spend to keep it running esp without an extended warranty. Can't beat honda's reliability. And I do prefer the G37 over the 4g TL. I prefer a sportier car over straight luxury.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 244 Likes on 137 Posts
I still have a ridgeline, and the wife has a '14 RDX. I conceded my S2000 when the kids started, and the 4G was just a compromise for me from the get go. It was never as fast as my CLS-6M. It was never as fun to drive as the 3G TL-S.

The Benz is bumper to bumper covered with unlimited mileage for 3 years. I don't change so much as a wiper blade. Take it in and they wash the car, vac it, hand dry it, and feed you while you're there. It had a CEL and they brought a '15 C class on a rollback, dropped it off, took mine on the rollback and gave me updated twice a day on findings. (Gas cap even leak).

I tell everyone I love the Benz because I outgrew Acura/Honda performance offerings, but I wouldn't have the Benz without 2 Honda products in the garage to drive.

Just offering, if you want fast and fun, the TL isn't in your top 5 picks around the price point. Reliable, always, it's a Honda.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts
The TL has AWD and a manual trans, nuff said. Everything else is gravy. And there's a lot of damn gravy too
Old 05-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Banned

Received 198 Likes on 147 Posts
Both excellent choices, you cannot go wrong with either...so I list some pros and cons, obviously from my point of view and I assume you refer to the G37 sedan....if you want a coupe the G is the only choice and actually I'm at the stage in my life where I want a 2 door again....

The TL has more unique styling which I actually like more, more distinctive, the G37 is handsome but a touch more "ordinary" looking.

Both engine are gems, the Nissan VQ37 and the Honda J37.

Fit and finish is on par but the TL has a more upscale feel in some part of the cabin..

More room in the TL, especially in the back.

The TL SH-AWD handling is absolutely superb but the feel is a bit more "robotic", the G37 is more fun due to its RWD platform and RWD bias if you take the AWD version.
The G37 has the best steering feel in the segment and often compared to a Porsche, the TL is no match in this regard albeit it was one of the best electric steering in the market when the 4G came out.

I would rate the Tech aspect probably on par or a slight edge to the G...the TL may be better in some areas of "tech execution", for example better GPS graphics and better stereo, but the G37 (if you choose a fully loaded one) has more gizmos, for example, the adaptive cruise control which I find extremely useful, turning lines on backup camera, parking sensors, electric adjustment for the steering wheel, etc...

Both very reliable and easy to resale.

Frankly, for me the difference is in the transmission of choice...if you are willing to get a manual car, the TL (if you can find one) would very likely get the nod, the gearbox is buttery smooth, one of the best in the business regardless of price and the car is very fast despite its size and weight (let's remember that the 4G TL is bigger than the G37)

If you want an automatic I would get the G37, which is noticeably faster and it has a better transmission than the TL slushbox.

The seats are significantly more comfortable on the TL, especially on long trips, the G37 Coupe front seats are a match for the TL and beautifully contoured, not so for the sedan.

Again, as I said, you cannot go wrong with either car.

If it was up to me I would get a G37 Sport Coupe AWD....possibly in blue....

Last edited by saturno_v; 05-15-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:45 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by saturno_v
Both excellent choices, you cannot go wrong with either...so I list some pros and cons, obviously from my point of view and I assume you refer to the G37 sedan....if you want a coupe the G is the only choice and actually I'm at the stage in my life where I want a 2 door again....

The TL has more unique styling which I actually like more, more distinctive, the G37 is handsome but a touch more "ordinary" looking.

Both engine are gems, the Nissan VQ37 and the Honda J37.

Fit and finish is on par but the TL has a more upscale feel in some part of the cabin..

More room in the TL, especially in the back.

The TL SH-AWD handling is absolutely superb but the feel is a bit more "robotic", the G37 is more fun due to its RWD platform and RWD bias if you take the AWD version.
The G37 has the best steering feel in the segment and often compared to a Porsche, the TL is no match in this regard albeit it was one of the best electric steering in the market when the 4G came out.

I would rate the Tech aspect probably on par or a slight edge to the G...the TL may be better in some areas of "tech execution", for example better GPS graphics and better stereo, but the G37 (if you choose a fully loaded one) has more gizmos, for example, the adaptive cruise control which I find extremely useful, turning lines on backup camera, parking sensors, electric adjustment for the steering wheel, etc...

Both very reliable and easy to resale.

Frankly, for me the difference is in the transmission of choice...if you are willing to get a manual car, the TL (if you can find one) would very likely get the nod, the gearbox is buttery smooth, one of the best in the business regardless of price and the car is very fast despite its size and weight (let's remember that the 4G TL is bigger than the G37)

If you want an automatic I would get the G37, which is noticeably faster and it has a better transmission than the TL slushbox.

The seats are significantly more comfortable on the TL, especially on long trips, the G37 Coupe front seats are a match for the TL and beautifully contoured, not so for the sedan.

Again, as I said, you cannot go wrong with either car.

If it was up to me I would get a G37 Sport Coupe AWD....possibly in blue....
To summarize, if you want a performance car - Go for G. It's faster and has amazing handling but if you want a car with more upscale interior, amazing sound system, comfortable seats and spacious go for TL -SHAWD. TL's SH-AWD beats G's AWD any day.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:24 PM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts
^^ I generally agree, but I don't think there's a big performance gap between the two cars (well, maybe comparing AT to AT). I believe the TL will outlap a G on a road course, and in 0-60 (again comparing 6MT to 6MT), most tests had them at the exact same time.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:12 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by JM2010 SH-AWD
^^ I generally agree, but I don't think there's a big performance gap between the two cars (well, maybe comparing AT to AT). I believe the TL will outlap a G on a road course, and in 0-60 (again comparing 6MT to 6MT), most tests had them at the exact same time.
ya but still performance wise, I will give it to G.

If you compare both cars in the following departments without writing a whole book, is as follows:

Exterior styling: G is more conservative. TL is not for everyone. comes down to personal choice
Interior styling: TL
Interior material (seats, sound system and dashboard): TL
Cost of repairs: TL
AWD: TL
Fuel efficiency: same
Performance: G
Handling: G
Safety: TL
Resale value: TL
Old 05-17-2015, 07:45 AM
n00b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought I added my $.02 to this a while back, but can't find it. Weird. Anyway...

I just recently turned in my '13 G37x lease. It was a 2-year lease. I turned it in three months early. It had 21,5xx on the clock. When I first got it, it replaced an aging '06 TL w/ tech. I just needed a change, and the TL had about 100k on it. The performance of the G sold me. It's powerful, and feels light and nimble. After owning it for a few months, I got tired of it quickly though. The interior just looked/felt cheap to me. The leather seemed more utilitarian than luxe. The center console was pretty boring. The whole cabin just seemed too cheap and plasticky. The nav worked well. The stereo sounded good, but there was no 5.1. Coming from the TL, I had a handful of 5.1 discs that now had no use.

At the end of the lease, the only positives I really had focused on performance. It pulled hard, handled well, felt light, and had a great exhaust note.

Two weeks ago, I bought a '11 TL SH-AWD w/ tech. Thus far I LOVE it. I could go on about how much better the TL is in every single way, except overall performance, but that would be unfair. I'm still in the honeymoon phase, and that *could* change after a few months. I doubt it will, but ya never know.

Having had both, I'll gladly answer any questions. I will say that I'll never buy an Infiniti again. The Q's are nice, but I'm just bitter from my time with the G. To be fair though, I swore back in '09 I'd never buy a 4G TL due to the styling. While still polarizing, I've grown to love it.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:02 AM
n00b

Here are pics of both, just to put a face to a name. Lol.

Name:  IMG_20150502_115049-picsay_20150502120146806-picsay_zps6ybooyh9.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  311.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20140503_113336-picsay_zps0wriv1vt.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  315.9 KB
Old 05-17-2015, 08:13 AM
AZ Community Team

Eric -

Very well said and I respect your opinion since you have both cars. No one can explain it better than you.

I have a 2011 TL and my friend has a G and when we compare both cars, TL always win Even he says that the interior of my car is more upscale than his, but performance is G.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:35 AM
n00b

Thanks. It's not that the G was a bad car. Far from it. For me however, it just pales in comparison to the TL.

You know what really did it for me? A coworker came to work in a brand new '14 Altima last year. The interior of that car looked FAR more high-end than my Infiniti. I'm sorry Nissan, but that was just a slap in the face.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:24 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Eric Perry
Thanks. It's not that the G was a bad car. Far from it. For me however, it just pales in comparison to the TL.

You know what really did it for me? A coworker came to work in a brand new '14 Altima last year. The interior of that car looked FAR more high-end than my Infiniti. I'm sorry Nissan, but that was just a slap in the face.
G is not a bad car at all. I think it's a very good car, reliable and fast but as you said, it just pales in comparison to the TL.

TL gives you a luxury feel...again, I am right be biased since I own one but this is my opinion and I don't wanna offend any G owners.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Banned

The interior just looked/felt cheap to me. The leather seemed more utilitarian than luxe. The center console was pretty boring. The whole cabin just seemed too cheap and plasticky. The nav worked well. The stereo sounded good, but there was no 5.1. Coming from the TL, I had a handful of 5.1 discs that now had no use.

I still miss my TL SH-AWD but I'm not sure the G interiors feels cheap compared to the TL....a lot depends on what trim level of the G you get (the G has more variance in cabin appointments compared to the 4G TL)...I did own a G coupe for couple of months two years ago (resold it, I did buy for a friend of mine living in Canada) fully loaded, with the tech package and the Japanese ash cabin accents.....let me tell you that it did not feel cheap compared to my TL...at all...seats were as good if not better and real metal and wood abound.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:16 PM
n00b

This isn't mine, but is identical. In my opinion, it looks cheap compared to the TL. Plastic everywhere, and the leather was thick and hard. Not supple like the TL's at all. To me, anyway...

Old 05-17-2015, 04:51 PM
AZ Community Team

again, I am not trying to bash G here. G is a great car but I just feel G's interior is out dated if you compare it to TL.

I went though this last summer before i purchase my TL and honestly TL was a winner in many ways.

G is definitely a good car has lots of fans, otherwise Infiniti would have been bankrupt. G/Q is their bread and butter.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:53 PM
n00b

^ Actually no, that's not identical. Pretty close though. That's an older model. Small differences in the center console between mine and that one. Sorry about that.

Either way, to my eyes, it pales in comparison to this:

Old 05-17-2015, 04:55 PM
n00b

Originally Posted by Tony Pac
again, I am not trying to bash G here. G is a great car but I just feel G's interior is out dated if you compare it to TL.

I went though this last summer before i purchase my TL and honestly TL was a winner in many ways.

G is definitely a good car has lots of fans, otherwise Infiniti would have been bankrupt. G/Q is their bread and butter.
Same here. It's definitely not my intention to bash Infiniti. I'm just offering my opinions for the OP. To some people, they may have opposite opinions, and that's great! If all cars looked exactly the same, it'd be a boring life!
Old 05-17-2015, 05:07 PM
AZ Community Team

^ Actually no, that's not identical. Pretty close though. That's an older model. Small differences in the center console between mine and that one. Sorry about that.

Either way, to my eyes, it pales in comparison to this:

wow! actually if you compare to G's interior, TL looks amazing

I highly recommend people that are going to buy a G, TL or IS, test drive, play with options and make a decision. It comes down to personal choice.

Before I purchased mine, I went to at least 6-7 dealers to test drive G, TL and IS. At that time, I didn't have any bias toward Acuras. All I wanted a good car with tech pack and good resale value. After months of research, TL was the finalist
Old 05-17-2015, 05:10 PM
n00b

Same deal here. I knew I wanted an IS or TL to replace the G. I looked at many and test drive a few. I found an IS that I *loved*, but the dealer wouldn't budge on the price. If he moved, I would have bought that instead. In hindsight, I'm not upset at all.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:27 PM
AZ Community Team

I was shopping around and IS, TL and G were my three last finalist. i eliminated IS due to cramped backseat.

I went back and forth between G and TL. Once I found the A-Spec TL, I fell in love with it and just made an offer and got it

No regrets. i am driving it for almost one year. Runs like a champ and very happy with it.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:09 PM
Banned

This isn't mine, but is identical. In my opinion, it looks cheap compared to the TL. Plastic everywhere, and the leather was thick and hard. Not supple like the TL's at all. To me, anyway...

To each his own opinion....I think both the TL and the G had some of the nicest interiors in their segment (better than the E90 3 Series in, in my opinion, better than the A4) at the time of introduction....they both look dated nowadays...the moving instrument cluster with the steering wheel adjustment in the G is a very nice touch of ergonomics, I wish the Q50 kept that feature.

Plastic is everywhere in both cars...in that price segment there is no way around even with the Germans...

As for leather I prefer durability....whoever last the longer gets my vote (I frankly do not know between the G and the TL which one is more durable)

I do agree about the TL cabin feeling a bit more upscale but if anything in design rather than in quality of material.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:09 PM
Drifting

Received 563 Likes on 363 Posts
Agree with all the above. I made the same decision, but concur the G is a very nice car.

What's interesting is when people get in your car for the first time. I've had people get in, and after a few moments, I see them looking around, feeling the leather and the aluminum trim. Another minute or too later, they say (with emphasis) "this is really a nice car." And mine is now five years old.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:52 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by saturno_v
To each his own opinion....I think both the TL and the G had some of the nicest interiors in their segment (better than the E90 3 Series in, in my opinion, better than the A4) at the time of introduction....they both look dated nowadays...
I don't agree with you. G's interior is way more dated than TL. Check the pictures. When I tell my colleagues or friends that my car is 5 years old, they don't believe me.

Again, everyone has an opinion and I mentioned earlier, the goal is not to bash G or TL but help people who are in the market and want to buy a car.

We won't argue here for 5 days to conclude which car has a better interior. lol
Old 05-18-2015, 11:44 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i test drove a 2011 g37 ipl 4 hours before I bought my TL. The IPL which was awesome, but its so damn small inside. I also drove an m37x which was nicer than the TL on the inside, but felt like a boat with its suspension. When i went to drive the TL i was sold. It just drives so nicely.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
The G37's the car I originally sought out to buy. But, unfortunately, the back seat's a bit too small for me. I love the way the car (G37) drives, and the motor feels like it pulls harder than my TL, but I have to have cabin space. To that point, I'm not even sure I have enough with the TL. Maybe I should sell it? lol

I think that both cars are fantastic, and it's hard to make a wrong decision, here.

As far as the interiors of both cars, I think they're both nice. But, to be honest, neither of the two, did I fall in love with. We're not going to get away from all this plastic, it seems. Oh well.

Sound systems, both are fine, with regards listening to, on a long haul, IMO. I do wish I could tune my TL's system, a bit more to my liking, but it's good enough, for now. In the future, I'd like to upgrade the sub - at least.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:02 AM
LNJ
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
I wish the TL had a bird's eye view navigation maps like the G!
Old 05-21-2015, 01:09 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
OP,

One very good thing about TL is the SH (super handling)
If you are a person who is picky with the steering and handling (like me), TL-SH AWD is the way to go.

I think this is one of the best handling/steering right now.

Reliability - My colleague says that the only issue for him on Infinity is reliability. So Acura wins on this category.

Goodluck
Old 07-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Instructor

I checked out Edmunds True Cost to Own over the course of 5 years and compared a '12 TL SH-AWD and '10 G37x Coupe.

Surprisingly, the G depreciates less than the TL. I always thought the TL had a higher resale value.

Also, the maintenance cost is about $6,500 cheaper with the G. At this rate, I might go with the Infiniti.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:30 PM
C8N
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 109 Posts
$2159 for the first year on maintenance????
Had my TL for 3 years now and I am nowhere near this amount.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by C8N
$2159 for the first year on maintenance????
Had my TL for 3 years now and I am nowhere near this amount.
Yeah, I'm not sure where they're getting their numbers from...
Old 07-21-2015, 01:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts
When I was shopping for my new car it was a tossup between the G37 coupe 6MT and the TL 6MT. The G37 I test drove was beautiful, black on black, factory body kit, brembo brakes all around, 19" rims.

For me, it came down to comfort and interior. The TL is lot more comfortable, the seats are softer the ride quality was smoother. The G37's ride was harsh, the seats were firm and the clutch was not as smooth. I'm not bashing the G37 by any means, in my younger years I would have definitely went with the G37.

Quick Reply: TL or Infiniti G37