Radio/Head Unit in the top pocket under Navi?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 03:09 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Radio/Head Unit in the top pocket under Navi?

I have a 2004 Acura TSX WITH Navi I want an aftermarket HU so I can use the Pre amp out puts and have a sub level control, bluetooth, and all that fancy stuff.

I found a post about how to modify the top pocket to fit a single DIN HU, however I do not understand the wiring I found in another post. Here is the post with the wiring: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-electronics/135186-aftermarket-head-unit-wiring.html SO the first harness plugs into the back of the stock unit, allowing the use of navi and the HVAC. The second plug is what the new HU plugs into, and I use the other wires + splice into the orange wire for the remote wire, and splice into the red for power. How does the Navi still produce sound, or is this mod strictly for the non-navi version? Since I have Navi, would I just use the second harness that the new HU plugs into and splice into each individual wire, and just never turn on the stock radio?

I just thought of something else! My car has an aux adapter already hooked up to the stock radio. If I were to splice into the power, ground, and the illumination wire (for the remote wire) all to power the after market stereo, can't I use the aux adapter I have, by using the preamp outputs on the after market HU as the input for the aux on the stock stereo aux adapter? That way when I want to listen to aux, I just hit mode on my steering wheel commanding the stock stereo to switch to aux, which would actually be the signal from the after market RCAs. With this set up, I would then run my amp/subs to another set of RCAs on the after market unit, thus letting me get the benefits of the after market head unit? Only thing I see that is not so great about this is the use of two radio volume controls, and the stock radio filtering the signal from the aftermarket one
Old 08-25-2015, 12:17 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not good idea, as it will decrease quality. But there is harness for TSX 2.gen to use factory amp to aftermarket radio, maybe it will work on 1.gen too.