Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Driver Side Airbag

My airbag light stays on. Reasons/Fixes? Thanks
Old 10-13-2015, 09:18 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pointrick
My airbag light stays on. Reasons/Fixes? Thanks

I would try and get the code pulled to see what it is before I do any repairs with the SRS system.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:38 AM
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have just bought a 2004 RL with the same issue amongst others. We are dropping off at trusted repair /body shop to check out. I live in Va and need this cleared to get through inspepection and also to be safe. The car was in an accident where a truck pushed it out of it way while parked. This may have started before the accident previous owner and workmate can't remember. Air bag did not deploy but it looked like it almost should have from the pictures I saw. It was around the front driver's side I would guess had to have the strut replaced , hood painted and straitened, fender replace, light assembly replaced., etc.

i bought the car because the radiator leaked big and they did not want to pay 900 plus for radiator , 2 hoses and thermostat . I was able to replace these items. Front brakes and rotors will be here later this week no problem to replace and fluid. I have done the air filter, oil and filter w/synthetic, new non Acura but made for Acura floor mats, cleaned the interior,I am doing the cabin air filter after I post this

additional issues

1) key immobilized light always flashes 5 rims when turning off the car , sometimes stays flashing when turning on and doesn't start, turning off and trying again works (so far). When flashing and not starting it will not make any sounds when turned to the start position.

2) key fob used to work I was told but no longer does. I think it is from a previous model , plainer looking then th one I see for it on line. I am attempting to find the correct pairing method. I found 1 on line that had me turn the key on and off maybe 3 times then pushing the lock button, did not work, looking to verify the correct method and try again. Not 100%correct repost of the method but it didn't work

3) time to change the trans fluid. I would like a complete replacement. It may be a little dis colored and their is 97,000 on the odometer, what is the best method? I am concerned a power flush would be too thorough for a older trans but I think completely fresh fluid would be best. There may be a very slight whine (maybe the power steering, haven't done anything here yet) and shits a little inconsistent , a couple times a little stiffer than others. No slipping .

4) the DVD player says door open, can I disconnect at the DVD player to have the dash quit beeping and flashing till I get this repaired , saw a replacement for 150. I Have read most have broke by now.

Are there any meets or help as a group in the Wash DC area, recommended repair facilities, professionals that do side work. What dealers are good and bad?

Any other hints for long term care. Any other known issues such as the Navi dvd not working?

thanks very much in advance and if this post should be moved please do so

Mark
Old 02-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
SRS systems

I own an 04 with 30k original miles (garage kept). One day the red SRS light came on and stayed on. it is a known issue with honda/acuras.... they wanted $2000.00 to replace the main brain that deploys the airbags....there are many parts to this system.. like 8 or so. doing just a part is expensive chasing after these parts that will fail... I got Acura Corporate to come down due to my miles and long term loyalty to using Acura dealerships to $450.00 and changed the main brain....This is not a DIY project. If the airbags deploy during this replacement you are screwed and will cost a bunch of dough. Its best to bring it in to a Acura dealership and have them check it out. You basically have NO deployment of airbags....Some states will not pass unless that is fixed.... Hope this helps and yes there was a TSB but these RL's are old and they may not cover it....Good luck...