Need HELP with Bluetooth & IPhone 6 setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Need HELP with Bluetooth & IPhone 6 setup

First off...I am not an idiot generally (well I don't think I am anyway) but I have never owned a cell phone...so wrt to cell phones I am an idiot. Wife just upgraded from an old old flip phone to an I6. Our son (far away) paired her phone to our '12 TL w/Tech over 2 years ago.

Now because the flip phone charge/USB connector is in such bad shape we cannot download her contacts from the flip phone to her I6. Was gonna do it manually, but thought maybe I could download the contacts from the car to the new I6.
A reverse pairing if you will.

If this is possible I sure would appreciate some help in getting it done.

Thanks, Bob (aka cell phone idiot!!)
Old 10-24-2014, 09:07 AM
rock the block

Received 143 Likes on 116 Posts
I don't believe this is possible, sorry. What I'd recommend is backing up all the contacts from the old flip phone onto it's SIM card (if it lets you), and then exporting that into the iPhone 6 using the SIM card.

If that fails, get comfy for an afternoon and migrate them manually...beer helps.

good luck!
Old 10-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Advanced

Thanks lift3d...I was afraid of that. Not sure how to do the sim thing so wtf...she only has about 100 contacts and I'm retired Should keep me out of trouble for awhile

And please accept my condolences for the loss of that fine young soldier that was killed by that asswipe Muslim. Glad they killed the mf.

Thanks again, Bob

Last edited by 87LtdT; 10-24-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:07 PM
rock the block

If you can confirm what type of phone she has, I can probably dig up some instructions for you on how to export the contacts. Even a photo of the phone will do

Thank you for your kind words, it's been quite a couple days for all of us. We feel a tremendous amount of support from one another as well as our American and European friends. My father was in Parliament when it happened and was put in lockdown while everything was sorted out, and my family was very relieved when we eventually heard from him that everything was OK. Events like this should serve to remind us all of what we are blessed with, and the solidarity we share.

My thoughts are with those who lost a friend, brother, or relative this week.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:49 PM
Advanced

Samsung Verizon "Smooth" model.

I saw this morning an interview of some big shot guy in Parliament and he too mentioned being locked down for 6 hours. Bet that 6 hours was a long long time to confirm your Father was OK.

Bob
Old 10-24-2014, 03:27 PM
rock the block

Hi Bob -

I found the following discussion which suggests the following method to transfer your contacts:

Samsung Smooth - Backing up Contact List

You can transfer them via Bluetooth (a type of transfer protocol) over to the iPhone. You will need both phones in close proximity to eachother. The explanation on this page says "You can use Bluetooth to transfer all your contacts to the new phone. Select and view a contact item, under options 'Send Name Card', then 'Via Bluetooth', then 'Mark All', then 'Done'. Turn on Bluetooth and follow the prompts to connect."

I'm not sure if when they say "Select All" if it means all contacts on the phone, or all numbers listed on a specific contact. In either case, try it out. If it ends up being the latter, this is still easier than manually keying in each contact!

Let us know if this works, if not I'll do my best to help further

My dad was in lockdown for about 7 hours, during which time they weren't even allowed to use their phones. I certainly understood why, but it definitely didn't help the nerves!

Matt
Old 10-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Advanced

Found this thanks to you...it's dated Dec '09:
You can use Bluetooth to transfer all your contacts to the new phone. Select and view a contact item, under options 'Send Name Card', then 'Via Bluetooth', then 'Mark All', then 'Done'. Was able to accomplish this on the Samsung Smooth.

Turn on Bluetooth and follow the prompts to connect to your LG. Don't know how to connect to the I-Phone 6.