Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

2005 Acura RSX Type S, hearing a sound...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 04:39 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Acura RSX Type S, hearing a sound...

I'm hearing a sound when I'm accelerating through gears. It kind of sounds like a high pitch grinding noise, or kind of like a chain that is loose. I'm not too sure what it is, or if it's something serious or expensive to fix. I hear it usually through second, third, and a little in forth gear.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Phil
Old 08-21-2015, 04:44 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Damn someone still owns a RSX, I thought most of them ventured off to CRSX
Old 08-21-2015, 04:47 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Flipster23
Damn someone still owns a RSX, I thought most of them ventured off to CRSX
Oh, that helps a lot. Thanks for posting.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Originally Posted by RSXTypeSPhil
Oh, that helps a lot. Thanks for posting.
That type of attitude won't get you shit around here. The RSX side of Acurazine is dead, most don't come over here the only way this post will be seen is if people are browsing New Posts.

Hence why I said most have ventured over to CRSX. I was going to assist you with your post, but now, fugg it.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:54 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Flipster23
That type of attitude won't get you shit around here. The RSX side of Acurazine is dead, most don't come over here the only way this post will be seen is if people are browsing New Posts.

Hence why I said most have ventured over to CRSX. I was going to assist you with your post, but now, fugg it.
Your post didn't help. I had a genuine question, and you found it more important to comment on the fact that I drive an RSX. So what? I'm asking if anyone knows what this sound might be, and no, your post did not help. There is no attitude, but there's no need to comment about something that has nothing to do with my question.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:32 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Originally Posted by RSXTypeSPhil
Your post didn't help. I had a genuine question, and you found it more important to comment on the fact that I drive an RSX. So what? I'm asking if anyone knows what this sound might be, and no, your post did not help. There is no attitude, but there's no need to comment about something that has nothing to do with my question.
There might have been a *little bit* of attitude.

Think of Flipster23's reply as a free bump to keep your question at the top of the new posts. Because, like he pointed out, there aren't many of you RSX guys around anymore.

In fact, this reply will do the same thing. I'm not being helpful, but I'm being helpful.

Sort of helpful in a malicious manner. See?

Now, I'll fully expect a "no attitude" reply from you pointing out that I'm not helpful. Which I'm not; so that's true.

Welcome to AcraZeen.com

ps. a little bit of additional unhelp: where is the sound coming from? Front? Back? Side? (-to-side?) Does it change with clutch in/out? Additional info will help.

pps. sorry for not being more helpful. I'm sort of the runt around here.

Bye.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:36 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by cu2wagon
There might have been a *little bit* of attitude.

Think of Flipster23's reply as a free bump to keep your question at the top of the new posts. Because, like he pointed out, there aren't many of you RSX guys around anymore.

In fact, this reply will do the same thing. I'm not being helpful, but I'm being helpful.

Sort of helpful in a malicious manner. See?

Now, I'll fully expect a "no attitude" reply from you pointing out that I'm not helpful. Which I'm not; so that's true.

Welcome to AcraZeen.com

ps. a little bit of additional unhelp: where is the sound coming from? Front? Back? Side? (-to-side?) Does it change with clutch in/out? Additional info will help.

pps. sorry for not being more helpful. I'm sort of the runt around here.

Bye.
Obviously, I'm new here. And I'm not familiar with who drives what these days. I only came on here to see if I could get any help with my car. I meant no disrespect to anyone, just needed some help.

The sound seems like it's coming from under the car, in the middle, or a bit closer to the front. But, that could just be the sound reverberating down and out both sides while I drive.