SprintBooster

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 12:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by kuzdu
Update from my end. To my car to Amish country today and back all I got to say is wow this car performs better than ever throttle is amazing on thr highway and open roads you will feel like you have a tiny supercharger under the hood. I gave my friend to drive back half the way and she was like whoa this car drive so damn good and fast. It moves and goes effortlessly. Take the plunge this is what this car needed from the beginning
Thats definitely good to hear. I will take the plunge real soon.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
Okay I got it in the mail yesterday and installed it. It was kind of a pain in the butt because I am 6'5" and have big hands.
I had to unscrew two screws near the bottom right and bend that plastic peace back in order to get my hand up there and unplug it.

There it is installed now
I put in the user interface cord under the carpet and brought it up to center console

Last I strung the wire into the bottom then back up the other side. If you notice there are two notches for wires then I can close the top slide and it is out of the way unless I need to change the setting

Driving impressions.
Ooooh yea this is how it was supposed to be from the factory. If you think it is in your head just click the button back to stock setting and you will realize it is not. It is like a closer gear ratio or whatever the term. The throttle response is AWSOME in every mode but like always I do it in Sport +. Almost any lag is completely gone. This is worth the $300 plus the company offers a 30 day back money guarantee. Also a 3 year warranty. If you don't want someone else driving your car like YOU STOLE IT then just put it back to the factory setting. You can tell it is the same horsepower because it does NOT add any it just gets to it MUCH faster. I am planning on using the red light all the way

The following 3 users liked this post by ultrapogi:
carftopher (08-09-2016), mondster (08-09-2016), Rocket_man (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Styl1n

Received 159 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by ultrapogi
Okay I got it in the mail yesterday and installed it. It was kind of a pain in the butt because I am 6'5" and have big hands.
I had to unscrew two screws near the bottom right and bend that plastic peace back in order to get my hand up there and unplug it.

There it is installed now
I put in the user interface cord under the carpet and brought it up to center console

Last I strung the wire into the bottom then back up the other side. If you notice there are two notches for wires then I can close the top slide and it is out of the way unless I need to change the setting

Driving impressions.
Ooooh yea this is how it was supposed to be from the factory. If you think it is in your head just click the button back to stock setting and you will realize it is not. It is like a closer gear ratio or whatever the term. The throttle response is AWSOME in every mode but like always I do it in Sport +. Almost any lag is completely gone. This is worth the $300 plus the company offers a 30 day back money guarantee. Also a 3 year warranty. If you don't want someone else driving your car like YOU STOLE IT then just put it back to the factory setting. You can tell it is the same horsepower because it does NOT add any it just gets to it MUCH faster. I am planning on using the red light all the way
EXACTLYYYYYY the car is a different beast now on the highway its amazing, and this is the way it should have drove. its downshifts faster picks up amazing on the highway, i dont want to get rid of my car anymore. i always have it in red and the button is under my seat. if i have to go back to service ill put it back to stock and keep it our secret. im going to put this post on the 9speed tranny one, everyone complaints about lag and this thing transforms the car.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
My apologies, but I'm missing the difference in the 1st 2 pics.

I'd love to know if anyone is going to try this in the 4 cylinder.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
^ I am too. Any help is appreciated.

And this involves running a wire into the cabin?
Old 08-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by 1Louder
^ I am too. Any help is appreciated.

And this involves running a wire into the cabin?
its just a simple plug on top the accelerator pedal, i removed it without taking off the plastic part. and i just snapped one end onto the pedal and the connector to the other end then ran my wire under the mat and left it under the seat on red mode its very simple. i think this will help a bunch on the 4 cylinder its has a huge lag on highway and even when cruising. for the V6 it is a night and day feel i cant stop telling everyone about this.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by LAMike240
My apologies, but I'm missing the difference in the 1st 2 pics.

I'd love to know if anyone is going to try this in the 4 cylinder.
the first picture I tried to focus on the plastic piece I had to take the screws out of since you can see two holes without screws. The second picture I tried to bring the focus more to the plug. Sorry for any confusion. I will also report back if effects milage at all.
The following users liked this post:
LAMike240 (08-13-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 02:21 PM
Styl1n

the first picture I tried to focus on the plastic piece I had to take the screws out of since you can see two holes without screws. The second picture I tried to bring the focus more to the plug. Sorry for any confusion. I will also report back if effects milage at all.
my miles have been the same on the highway, got between 36-40 on the highway
Old 08-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I ordered mine on Sunday. Can't wait.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:58 PM
Racer

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2016, 10:04 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Thanks Kuzdu and Ultrapogi! Can you each tell us exactly what year and which transmission you have? If you have a 2015, do you have the early transmission or the later transmission? Or do you have the replacement transmission?

How does the unit effect the throttle in Normal mode? Do you get the same gains or do you have to be in Sport mode?

I'm also trying to understand if it is just faster to shift, or does it make the pedal more sensitive to your foot? ie, it responds to less pedal displacement? I'm not looking for the car to be overly sensitive to my foot, just not take so *&^$ long to respond, especially on the down shift.

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2016, 12:39 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Thanks Kuzdu and Ultrapogi! Can you each tell us exactly what year and which transmission you have? If you have a 2015, do you have the early transmission or the later transmission? Or do you have the replacement transmission?

How does the unit effect the throttle in Normal mode? Do you get the same gains or do you have to be in Sport mode?

I'm also trying to understand if it is just faster to shift, or does it make the pedal more sensitive to your foot? ie, it responds to less pedal displacement? I'm not looking for the car to be overly sensitive to my foot, just not take so *&^$ long to respond, especially on the down shift.

Thanks!
I have a 2015 SH-AWD V6 with 9-speed. I got it March of 2015. I only had a little bit of jerkiness (not too noticeable) then when they came out with the the software update even that little bit smoothed out. This effects the throttle in every mode. The peddle position affects both the opening of the throttle body and the shifting to a degree. I am not sure if the speed at which the pedal is compressed (mashed for southerners, used to live there) drops the gears lower or it is just the depth. The sprint booster shortens everything. (EXAMPLE) You normally press a little and feel nothing then you press a little bit further and you finally drop a gear and accelerate. Now with that same pressure with the sprint booster of your first press jumps straight to where you normally would be after the second "further" press and the gear drops without the need to press further a second time.

Subjective feel= No lag(95% gone) and UNLESS you slam the peddle all the time then with this device you will actual go faster then you would otherwise because you will be downshifting to lower gears quicker which will put you and keep you in "the power band".

This is definatly a MUST HAVE device for these cars. I did not hear about it until the beginning of this post from Kuzdu. The car is AWSOME and fun to drive! Now I think I will add this to every car in the future.

Last edited by ultrapogi; 08-10-2016 at 12:44 AM. Reason: editing
Old 08-10-2016, 07:06 AM
Racer

Also it is very smooth and not overly sensitive so as to cause any problems or anything annoying. Hope all this helps. Even regular mode feels great. I have not tried Eco mode yet.
The following users liked this post:
Rocket_man (11-26-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 08:33 AM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
Was this a $300 part?
Old 08-10-2016, 09:09 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by 1Louder
Was this a $300 part?
yes it is and it really is worth buying. It is not one of those parts you regret at all down the road.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:49 AM
Styl1n

I have a 2015 SH-AWD V6 with 9-speed. I got it March of 2015. I only had a little bit of jerkiness (not too noticeable) then when they came out with the the software update even that little bit smoothed out. This effects the throttle in every mode. The peddle position affects both the opening of the throttle body and the shifting to a degree. I am not sure if the speed at which the pedal is compressed (mashed for southerners, used to live there) drops the gears lower or it is just the depth. The sprint booster shortens everything. (EXAMPLE) You normally press a little and feel nothing then you press a little bit further and you finally drop a gear and accelerate. Now with that same pressure with the sprint booster of your first press jumps straight to where you normally would be after the second "further" press and the gear drops without the need to press further a second time.

Subjective feel= No lag(95% gone) and UNLESS you slam the peddle all the time then with this device you will actual go faster then you would otherwise because you will be downshifting to lower gears quicker which will put you and keep you in "the power band".

This is definatly a MUST HAVE device for these cars. I did not hear about it until the beginning of this post from Kuzdu. The car is AWSOME and fun to drive! Now I think I will add this to every car in the future.
i have a 2015 fwd very early build with a replaced transmission and ditto ditto ditto for everything ultrapogi said. the car us AWESOME!!!! i love to drive this car everyday all the time now
Old 08-17-2016, 10:36 PM
Racer

So after a week now I still love it. I keep thinking it will go back to the way it was with a couple of pigs underneath the hood. It really does transform the vehicle. I wish I found about it sooner. I had been looking at options for the "next" vehicle or getting out of my lease early but now I am totally satisfied. If you are on the fence, jump for it. $300 might sound like a lot for something so small but like I said before a 30 day money back guarantee if for some reason you are unsure.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
We're glad to see everyone is having positive feedback with the Sprint Booster! Remember, we have them in stock and ship them within a business day.

Orders can be placed with us via Paypal here:
https://www.paypal.me/excelerate/299.99

Be sure to mention Tom helped you with your order, and that the payment is for the TLX Sprint Booster!
Old 08-18-2016, 12:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ExcelerateTom
We're glad to see everyone is having positive feedback with the Sprint Booster! Remember, we have them in stock and ship them within a business day.

Be sure to mention Tom helped you with your order, and that the payment is for the TLX Sprint Booster!
Tom,

Seems everyone has put the on the 6 cylinder. Can you confirm that this is compatible with the 4 cylinder as well?

Thank,

Mike
Old 08-18-2016, 03:10 PM
Former Sponsor

According to the Sprint Booster website, as long as your TLX is an automatic, this should work no problem.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:58 AM
Styl1n

So after a week now I still love it. I keep thinking it will go back to the way it was with a couple of pigs underneath the hood. It really does transform the vehicle. I wish I found about it sooner. I had been looking at options for the "next" vehicle or getting out of my lease early but now I am totally satisfied. If you are on the fence, jump for it. $300 might sound like a lot for something so small but like I said before a 30 day money back guarantee if for some reason you are unsure.
me too im in love with this car now its greattttt. i love taking it for drives on the highway its like a different engine. and like you said im not looking to get out of me lease earlier now i finally enjoy this car.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:38 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Any updates for those with the 4cyl? I'm interested to get one too. Would this have any negative effect on the tranny?
Old 08-29-2016, 04:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
How does this affect economy, and Normal modes?

I only use them in heavy traffic, or snow if at all since I find their throttle response makes the car almost un-driveable for me. I like the throttle response of Sport+ , but hate the rev matched downshifts, and surging you get when slowing for a light, or toll, so I don't use that either. Sport mode is what I use 95% of the time.

I flashed powerchip software on my 540. Gave mild power gains, but the main reason I got it also was for the throttle response. The best way I could describe it was the increased responsiveness made the car feel more nimble, and on its feet. Felt it was worth it for that reason on that car.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 115 Posts
I got in touch with ktuner and they are actually ready for testing on this platform, and just need volunteers.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Styl1n

Hey everyone just an update car is running great, throttle is excellent and responsive.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:26 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ExcelerateTom

Ordered!!

With the new transmission all settled in, can't wait to see how this enhanced the drive and feel!
Old 09-17-2016, 09:38 PM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by TX_BB
Ordered!!

With the new transmission all settled in, can't wait to see how this enhanced the drive and feel!
coool as soon as you get it in and drive let us know. The red button light is the best for our cars. Never changed it since the day it was installed
Old 09-22-2016, 08:01 AM
Styl1n

Ordered!!

how's the car driving now?
Old 09-22-2016, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Orders can be placed with us via Paypal her
e:

Be sure to mention Ryan helped you with your order, and that the payment is for the TLX Sprint Booster!
Old 09-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kuzdu
how's the car driving now?
SprintBooster hasn't arrived yet, but got shipping confirmation yesterday.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:17 PM
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Finally installed my sprint booster today after getting my transmission replaced. Like everyone else stated above, the throttle response is 100x better. Slight tap of the pedal and the car just goes. Loving it.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:26 PM
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Installation was just plug and play. Just a little tight and hard to reach. I pull and hide the wire between the side carpet as shown by red arrows on the 1st photo. Then using velcrow tape, I taped the remote to center consol carpet side. Just wanted a clean install. Hidden from view when seat move up and easy to click on button at anytime.
Attached Thumbnails SprintBooster-2-2-.jpg   SprintBooster-2-1-.jpg  
Old 09-26-2016, 08:15 AM
Styl1n

Originally Posted by Vteck_10
Finally installed my sprint booster today after getting my transmission replaced. Like everyone else stated above, the throttle response is 100x better. Slight tap of the pedal and the car just goes. Loving it.
great this is how the car should have been programed from the start. i ran mine under the rug and left the button under the seat. its always on red and has been like that since install.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:10 PM
Intermediate

Just installed and took a quick drive around the block.

Great for the 2/10 of a mile...heading out for a real drive in a few.

For those that have this already...does the light on the controller stay on after the car is off and doors are locked? Mine does and I found that to be odd.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:23 PM
Styl1n

Just installed and took a quick drive around the block.

Great for the 2/10 of a mile...heading out for a real drive in a few.

For those that have this already...does the light on the controller stay on after the car is off and doors are locked? Mine does and I found that to be odd.
great let us know how its runs, mine drive differently since i have the light weight pulley and cold air duct, feels lighter and at the top end its a beast. yup my light stays on and comes off after like a minute. the caps are probably discharging.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:18 AM
Intermediate

Holy crap! This has transformed the car.

Completely different drive than before. Been using it on red, but tried green yesterday. Still good, but red is over the top!
Old 10-02-2016, 07:34 PM
Styl1n

Holy crap! This has transformed the car.

Completely different drive than before. Been using it on red, but tried green yesterday. Still good, but red is over the top!
those were my impressions as well even up to today when I get into this car. If Acura would have programmed this car like this from the beginning there would not be any lag. My gas mileage is pretty good I still manage 32-36 on highway. i always have mine on red it's the way to go.

Old 10-10-2016, 11:10 AM
Intermediate

I've decided this just isn't for me.

I'll sell it for $260 including shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states.

PM me.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Racer

I've decided this just isn't for me.

I'll sell it for $260 including shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states.

PM me.
Curious as to why "it's not for you"? Your last post seemed to indicate you loved it.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 10-10-2016, 11:19 AM
Intermediate

As I continued to drive it, trying both red and green in both normal and sport, the aggressiveness, while great, doesn't align with my normal 41 year old driving habits, nor my wife's...LOL!

Certainly, when I was 15 years younger, when my driving habits were more aggressive, this would be great!!