2013 6MT Hill start assist

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 07:43 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 6MT Hill start assist

So this car has been nothing but issues from when I got it unfortunately. A few months ago just driving my HSA Hill start assist light started coming on at random.

I bring the car to the dealer and they replace a switch? I am not sure what they would have done.

Light comes on for a second time and they decide to replace the entire VSA as that should have solved the issue I would have imagined.

The HSA light came on again today just driving so I am not sure what the issue could possibly be now but I am bringing to the dealer again on Monday.

Has anyone has anything similar happen to them? I could not find anyone with a chronic HSA issue while searching.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:27 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump.. brought it back to the dealer. They had it for a few days and could not scan it for codes or make it happen. About 40 miles later I get the same check HSA light :X
Old 02-25-2017, 03:02 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
I did a little searching...by typing in google... "Acura TL HSA"
and this thread pops up..
https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-p...assist-757345/
no definite answers...although there is a TSB 10-030 that is a software fix that will HOPEFULLY fix it

SYMPTOM The VSA system indicator comes on with DTC 118 (clutch pedal position switch B), and the MID indicates CHECK HILL START ASSIST SYSTEM. PROBABLE CAUSE The clutch pedal was repeatedly not released fully during shifting, causing the VSA control unit to incorrectly judge a clutch solenoid malfunction. CORRECTIVE ACTION Update the VSA control unit software with the HDS, then do the VSA sensor neutral position memorization. SOFTWARE INFORMATION HDS Software Version: 2.022.104 (Aug 2010) or later. HDS Control Module (CM) Update: Database Update 21-JUL-2010 or later. NOTE: To avoid an incorrect repair that would not be covered under warranty, use the software version listed above or a later version. The updated VSA software program ID and P/N are shown below. If the HDS is loaded with the latest software, and it displays No Update Needed during the update, the software for this service bulletin is already installed. WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION The normal warranty applies. Operation Number: 4135A1 Flat Rate Time: 0.3 hour Failed Part: P/N 57114-TK5-A54 Defect Code: 03214 Symptom Code: 03205 Skill Level: Repair Technician REPAIR PROCEDURE 1. Update the VSA control unit software with the HDS. Refer to Service Bulletin 01-026, Updating Control Units/Modules. NOTE: If an error code 5D or 50 occurs after reflash process is completed, follow the instructions of the HDS. Turn the ignition switch OFF then ON (II), and retry programming. If the update was successfully completed, the HDS will state “this vehicle does not need an update at this time”. 2. Do the VSA Sensor Neutral Position Memorization with the HDS, and follow the screen prompts. Year/Model Program ID Program P/N 2010 TL SH-AWD (M/T) K5A540 57114
Old 02-25-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
the TSB also states multiple times that it's caused by not fully depressing the clutch pedal.