Seat belt won't retract - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Log In 


Seat belt won't retract

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
I Drive Like A Dick 8≈
Thread Starter
 
Nersh7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Age: 26
Posts: 1,527
Thanked 77 Times in 64 Posts
Seat belt won't retract

Passenger seat belt doesn't like to go back when my passengers un buckle. I know in the states the dealership will fix this free, my dealership told me fuck that. Any idea how easy or hard this would be to fix?
Nersh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
Former Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tempe AZ
Posts: 89
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I can tell you that in the US seat belts have a lifetime warranty. I would assume it's the same worldwide. The Canadian customer relations number is 1-888-939-0909. They can tell you whether you are covered and if so, tell them the dealer would not assist you.The only time a seat belt is not covered (in the US) is when it is defective because of user error. i.e. your child stuck a penny in it, your dog chewed through it, etc.
acurapartssource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 35
Posts: 164
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The both seat belts don't retract at all. Can I get the free fix from a dealer near IL?

Thanks.
hermtm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Noobalicious
 
Add-dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Metro-ATL
Age: 31
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurapartssource View Post
The only time a seat belt is not covered (in the US) is when it is defective because of user error. i.e. your child stuck a penny in it, your dog chewed through it, etc.

I would like to add one more:

auto accident, dealer or manufacture is not responsible for replacing this at no charge i.e. insurance would be. the only time this is not true for a dealer is if you took you auto to them through an insurance claim and they overlooked this problem or just neglected it altogether.
Add-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
I Drive Like A Dick 8≈
Thread Starter
 
Nersh7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Age: 26
Posts: 1,527
Thanked 77 Times in 64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurapartssource View Post
I can tell you that in the US seat belts have a lifetime warranty. I would assume it's the same worldwide. The Canadian customer relations number is 1-888-939-0909. They can tell you whether you are covered and if so, tell them the dealer would not assist you.The only time a seat belt is not covered (in the US) is when it is defective because of user error. i.e. your child stuck a penny in it, your dog chewed through it, etc.
That number didn't work for me, it redirected me to another number which also didn't work
Nersh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
Noobalicious
 
Add-dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Metro-ATL
Age: 31
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nersh7 View Post
That number didn't work for me, it redirected me to another number which also didn't work

Try google?...
Add-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sacramento, CA
Age: 27
Posts: 7,507
Thanked 196 Times in 177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Add-dee View Post
I would like to add one more:

auto accident, dealer or manufacture is not responsible for replacing this at no charge i.e. insurance would be. the only time this is not true for a dealer is if you took you auto to them through an insurance claim and they overlooked this problem or just neglected it altogether.
my car has been in an accident before (salvage) and the dealer replaced my passenger buckle without hesitation.
aznboi2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #8
Noobalicious
 
Add-dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Metro-ATL
Age: 31
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi2424 View Post
my car has been in an accident before (salvage) and the dealer replaced my passenger buckle without hesitation.
Was the seat belt "per inspection guidelines" for reinstatement replaced ( i would have to imagine it was), also was the seat belt OEM? do you know? If the seat belt was not replaced after the accident then the dealer nor HoA has no liability and is technically not responsible for the SRS in your vehicle.
Regardless I am impressed that you did not have to jump through hoops. (I base this on experience with my Civic [pre-owned certified from Honda] I had to make 7rl calls to HoA.)
Add-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #9
I Drive Like A Dick 8≈
Thread Starter
 
Nersh7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Age: 26
Posts: 1,527
Thanked 77 Times in 64 Posts
bump, I think I just want to do this myself. my dealer is a bag of douche.

Anybody know how to fix this?
Nersh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CLOSED: Neuspeed Sport Springs!! eastsideride Car Parts for Sale 6 10-15-2015 04:26 AM
Wifey got a new ride 95oRANGEcRUSH Car Talk 35 09-25-2015 12:50 PM
Starter Issues with 05 RL agupta3224 Second Generation RL (2005-2012) 4 09-22-2015 08:08 PM
Brabus: B63 850 Widestar (based on Mercedes-Benz G-Series) News Yumcha Automotive News 1 09-17-2015 09:01 PM
Electrical issues? Phambam12 3G TL Problems & Fixes 4 09-06-2015 06:57 PM


Tags
acura, back, belt, belts, civic, fix, honda, lexus, mdx, rdx, retrack, retract, seat, seatbelt, tl

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.



Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Acurazine.com content, comments, or advertising. Acurazine.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Acurazine.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.