View Poll Results: Was this helpful?
YES!! Thank you!
50.00%
Yeah not bad...
50.00%
Not sure. You kinda confused me on some things.
0%
No, stick to Photoshop, kid.
0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

2004 Blitzsafe install

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 197 Posts
2004 Blitzsafe install

So last month, sometime around March 10th, I ordered a Blitzsafe from my local audio shop for $100 vs $120 on the Blitzsafe website. The part was told to be in within 3 days of my order. Well, not so much.

I basically called the shop everyday from mid March up till this past Friday, the 10th asking if the part has came in yet. It finally did on Friday. Part came, just as expected, right everything, I was happy.

So here is a very general install (I'm not responsible for you breaking your interior pieces or damaging anything else):

What you need:
-Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X interface modulator.
-6ft+ Aux to RCA cable (<i>You can use shorter but I used 6ft so I can rout it comfortably</i>)
-Interior pry kit or some patients and skill with a Flathead wrapping in cloth and two small and powerful hands.
-A drill with a spade/ hole saw 1/2-1" should be enough. I thought 3/4" was kinda big but my Aux plug was big and the cable is very thick and durable.

(1) Pull out the cubby under the the HVAC controls by opening the cubby and pulling up and out on each side of the trey. Once out locate the 14-pin HONMLINK1V2 plug and plug in the Blitzsafe (Cannot plug it in it wrong).

(2) Pull the center console around the gear shifter and cup holders. Use you index finger to pull up on the plastic from the Ebrake cup out and your other hand inside against the cup holder. Pull firmly until it pops. Use a interior pry tool or a flat head screwdriver with a cloth to gently pry the plastic further. There are 4 clips around the gear shifter and 2 more in front of it. I gently and slowly wedged and twisted the screw driver in those 4 areas to pop the plastic clips out. Once they were out the 2 in fornt of the shifter were left. I used my hand under the inside above the gear shifter and lifted up and toward the back of the car firmly with ' quick jolts' and wiggles to pop those clips. Be careful not to break them. I didn't break any.

(3) Remove the "Not an Ashtray" cubby under the first cubby. There are 4 screws you have to unscrew. I lost one screw but the piece remains sturdy and firm with only 3.

(4) Drill a hole of your preference into the armrest cubby. I used a 3/4 inch spade and slowly drilled the hole next to the power outlet in the cubby.

(4) Once all the pieces are removed, tuck your blitzsafe neatly into the area below the radio. I used a sticky piece of velcro on the side of the interior panel and on the back side of the Blitzsafe and attached the two together to keep the module from bouncing around, dangling and rattling or falling deeper into the car. I then snaked the aux cord down below the "Not an Ashtray" cubby and down through and around the gear shifter and along the side of the other cords next to the sides of the tunnel and into the armrest cubby.

(5) Re install and screw down the "Not an Ashtray" cubby making sure it's mounting points sit flush. If not, reposition the wires and module until it fits.

(6) Re install the center console piece and cup holders by simply lowering it back down into it's place and giving it a few firm bumps with the side of your fist around the corners and edges. I pulled back up on it to make sure it was secured and not loose.

(7) Slide the cubby below the HVAC controls back into it's place. I had to tunk my wires a tad more to get it to go back without it feeling like it was cramming some wires.

(8) Enjoy your crystal clear music of choice from your Aux input.

The overall install took me 1 hour because I was very slow and gentle about ripping apart my interior. The hardest part was the two front clips on the center console in front of the gear shifter, they were really tight and required some muscle I apparently was not using in fear of cracking the whole console in two.

What would I have done different?
I would have replaced the PRNDD3 lights in the shifter as they're burnt out and replaced the Radios PCB since its light are also out as well, while the interior was opened up. But oh well. Another project for another day..

I hope you guys found this short DIY helpful. I didn't find anything similar already up on AZ, so I guess I'm a pioneer. lol no. Everyone kept telling me to just run it throgh the first cubby. I didn't like that idea because my way looks OEM and cleaner.

Enjoy your music!

Sorry, this was my first and an unintentional DIY, It was kinda a afterthought to do the write the up which explains the lack of pictures and shit quality of the ones that are there.

(I'm not responsible for you breaking your interior pieces or damaging anything else)
Old 04-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Burning Brakes

And yes, I shop vacuumed the hell out of it. lol
Old 04-12-2015, 07:41 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
What's a Blitzsafe? Something to do with music I assume . . .
Old 04-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Burning Brakes

It's a aux module like what GTA and Grom make.