RDX Driver's Side Fog Light/Lamp Cracked and Gone

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 08:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
RDX Driver's Side Fog Light/Lamp Cracked and Gone

Hey Guys,

The X has had a cracked lens since the beginning of time and i am just now going to get to replacing it (going to have the front end apart for some other repairs). Is there a way to do this that I can retain the housing? Has anyone done this? I tried to do some searching and have seen people that have done it but no step-by-step or good pics yet.

Ideally I will just replace the inside with some LED Replacement that has its own lens so then that way i do not have to buy the whole housing from the dealer ($140 US so around 180 CAD)
Old 10-15-2016, 02:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 229 Likes on 204 Posts
What year? 10-12 replacement housings are pretty cheap on Rockauto and other sites (50 bucks give or take), but I hear 07-09 are a little pricier. I have replaced two on mine in the 2.5 years I've had the car - there are just a lot of rocks floating around on the freeway. I've also added LED bulbs, and I just swap the bulb into the new housing when I switch out.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the shitty initial post.

It's an 09 tech RDX.

Looking pretty expensive for a whole new housing so hoping I can just insert something within it.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:06 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a cracked lens (glass) on my 07 tech rdx as well but i'm planning on getting the front lower spoiler and replacing stock yellow Fogs.. Is there a way to replace just the glass without purchasing a whole new assembly or does anyone know of any LED or HID light kits that come with its own "assembly"? I'd rather put that $140 towards a reflash or something of that nature.

Just recently purchased my RDX and I'm new to the community so I just want to say thanks for any replies ahead of time!