New ZDX Tech

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK i see the pic now.. pretty funny Yep its a big beak but its a big car too that it sits on.

One good thing about that beak is the fact that its very easy to clean bugs off of it -vs- the paint.

I still dont think it looks THAT bad still.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Tokin up in

Originally Posted by JZDX
I find it interesting how many people talk trash about the ZDX .. is it dislike for it or is it jealous or what?

Im sure 98% of them have not even seen one up close much less test drove one.

It seems most are a bunch of people who just like to Bit$& and moan.

I Have yet to test drive the New ZDX or see 1 on the Road here. But From the 1st time i seen the ZDX on Acura's Concept page i loved it. Soon as my car gets up and running again i will surely drop by the dealer and snatch me up a Test Drive. If i had the Money id Buy it man, Love ur color looks soo nice
Old 05-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Instructor

Thanks CL .. be careful.. once you get in it... its hard to get out
Old 05-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Instructor

Took a trip from Orlando to Tampa over the weekend. I filled up before we took off and I reset the MPG to see where it was and I also used the Cruise Control.

MPG = 22.3 not bad for 1100 miles on the ZDX.

I still have a knocking/rattle sound coming from the drivers side somewhere. I only hear it on the highway around 70 mph. Its annoying and sofar the only fix is the volume button.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Instructor

New NAV Wallpaper

Old 05-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Instructor

Rear reflectors looks like afterburners with the flash

Old 05-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey JZDX, your pictures inspired me... I went to the dealer today to check out the ZDX and see what the back seat discussion was about. I was in between an MDX and ZDX but if everything fit ok, was going with the ZDX. I took my brother with me to get another opinion.

I fit in the back seat if I adjusted the front as if I was driving... just needed to raise the seat so my toes could fit under the seat... not a big deal if ever someone my size sat in the back (I'm 6'2"). Headroom fit but was snug. As my brother is 5'9" and my Dad is 5'8", sis and Mom are smaller... fit became a non-issue.

I originally wanted a Dark Cherry car but in the end went with my other option... Aspen White w/ Taupe interior... the ZDX looks great in white, very neat... good choice for you... and now for me. Now the wait begins for the next few days for them to get one to exchange from another dealer... just like the anticipation for a baby on the way...

Your pix and posts helped a lot!
Old 05-22-2010, 08:51 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if they do a dealer trade, make SURE they TOW the car from the other dealer!!!

I used to do dealer trades for a dealership when i was much younger... depending on the driver the dealership has of course... some of us had some fun with those brand new, non-broken in yet cars...
Old 05-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jjtags
Hey JZDX, your pictures inspired me... I went to the dealer today to check out the ZDX and see what the back seat discussion was about. I was in between an MDX and ZDX but if everything fit ok, was going with the ZDX. I took my brother with me to get another opinion.

I fit in the back seat if I adjusted the front as if I was driving... just needed to raise the seat so my toes could fit under the seat... not a big deal if ever someone my size sat in the back (I'm 6'2"). Headroom fit but was snug. As my brother is 5'9" and my Dad is 5'8", sis and Mom are smaller... fit became a non-issue.

I originally wanted a Dark Cherry car but in the end went with my other option... Aspen White w/ Taupe interior... the ZDX looks great in white, very neat... good choice for you... and now for me. Now the wait begins for the next few days for them to get one to exchange from another dealer... just like the anticipation for a baby on the way...

Your pix and posts helped a lot!

JJ ... Awesome bro .. im very excited for you. I had to wait a week for mine so I know what your going through. Luckily my week went so fast because I was sooooo busy.

I like all the colors of the ZDX but im a white car guy .. have been for about 10 + cars now and have never been disappointed. I do think the contrast of white and black does it justice too .. ive got many compliments on it for sure.

So lets hear the rest.. what did you think of the drive , radio, interior, options, etc etc??? There really isnt that many ZDX owners on Zine so its not a super active thread here. Its 1/2 owners and 1/2 haters but thats ok .. for now its a completely unique car and will get a LOT of looks. Im sure the haters couldnt even afford it anyway which makes them even funnier.

Check my Albums out, there may be more pics that I had not posted here yet. https://acurazine.com/forums/album.php?albumid=5560
Old 05-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So, initial impressions... more when I get my car and "live in it" for a few days or so...

Drive: I was pleasantly surprised that it met my expectations and exceeded them at the same time. It drove like I expected an Acura to drive (having had 3 straight Acuras - 02 TL-S, 04 TL w/ Navi, 06 RL) which is smooth, strong and stable as can be on the road. It exceeded my expectations on how much like my RL it drove... so much like a car... I didn't even notice I was at least half a foot higher than in my car.

Interior: Floored me as soon as I stepped in. The interior design is clean but very modern and stylish and the driving position felt like my RL. The dual sunroofs made it feel very open. Back seat was a bit challenging to get into but I fit... as I said in my earlier post, I'm 6'2" and I fit (my head was hugging the rear headliner so I think my height would be the limit for back there). Foot space was just enough, but my family is all smaller than me so no worries there. I felt the trunk was a bit shallower than I expected but mitigated by the under storage which can hold all the extras I usually keep in my trunk (golf bag outside, golf shoes, rain jacket, CD's in the lower bin) so all good for what I need.

Exterior: Pictures certainly do not do this vehicle justice. Even the Grigio Metallic (gray) in the dark showroom looked good and I found that and silver more of the muted color options. Black and White had the most pop. It's certainly a head-turner. It's what ultimately made my mind up.

Granted it's not a family car but for me it will get what I need done... I commute to work alone so 90% of the time it's just me in the car and when my parents are around, my sis has a Buick Enclave. I'm sure my Dad will enjoy the ride when we go for our weekly Saturday golf outing.

I will certainly enjoy my 35 mile drive to and from work more!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Instructor

Great write up JJ.. thanks for the input. One thing you wont be keeping in your ride anymore with the ZDX - CD's. Or at least you will have less of them around. They will rip to your 15 Gig HDD drive. The only ones I have in mine are the few DVD-A's that I made and the few that I bought.

Speaking of - I found a Sting - Brand New Day in Digital Surround DTS super cheap and it is AMAZING in the ZDX and RDX. Its like a whole new album. I made a copy for my wife and she says " Its like he's in the car singing to me ".
Old 10-31-2010, 11:47 AM
9th Gear

OMG! I love your ZDX. White is soooo beautiful!!!!
More pics! Wow!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
those running boards are pretty sweet are they lit up by LEDs?
Old 11-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
lookin good buddii...love the WDP color...
Old 11-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
last time I was at courtesy, I spent 15 minutes inside the ZDX.

One word

RIDICULOUS!!!

that interior OH MAN!! I can see myself driving it every single day, now on the exterior I prefer the MDX.

Didn't test drive cause I consider that window shopping, and 50 Cent ruined that for me. lmao