My 2010 Acura ZDX Advanced CBP

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Pro

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by BeachTyme
Those rims are going to look tight, bro. Good choice.

I do like the blacked out grill as well. Nice flow you got going there on the front end.
Thanks a lot BT Really excited to get the wheels on!

Originally Posted by DJ Iceman
Why did you black out the circle "A" emblem on the back but not on the front (where you already blacked out the grill)?
Because im waiting to put the wheels on to see which version I like better. When I do decide the front and rear will be the same.

Originally Posted by tmnhs81
Love that ass shot. Painting reflectors do wonders. I see that you also blacked out 'A' too. Looks great. Waiting to see some pics after the wheels are on.
Thanks bro

Originally Posted by terdonal
Looking good. Looking forward to the pics with the wheels and your comments on the ride and handling changes.
Sure thing, I plan on doing a photoshoot later next week and will let everyone know what has been effected from moving up to the 22's!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Now it looks like its got quad exhaust tips..
Old 07-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Nice!

Nice looking car! I especially like the paint job on the grill... Great job, Can't wait to see the pics of the new wheels!

Happy 4th!
Old 07-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by tmnhs81

Now it looks like its got quad exhaust tips..
Thanks!

Originally Posted by trail runner
Nice looking car! I especially like the paint job on the grill... Great job, Can't wait to see the pics of the new wheels!

Happy 4th!
Thanks, hope your enjoying your new ride as much as me
Old 07-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Pro

Well I have been driving on my new wheels for the last couple days and wanted to post my comments. As far as the look I love it, needs a minor drop but is fine for now. The ride is just a bit more stiffer but still remains the glass like feel over bumps. Taking off from a dead stop is where you feel the wheels the most, but still feels good! The weight of the factory wheels and tires came in at 62 Pounds and my new 22" set is 72 pounds so not much of a difference. I honestly thought they would be too big, heavy, and really change the drivability of the vehicle but I was wrong. It feels great!

Here are some photos. Sorry my car is so dirty, I have washed it the last two days but the dust storm the hit Phoenix a couple days ago is still leaving dust everywhere!

The following users liked this post:
6Speedy (01-07-2012)
Old 07-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Off roading in his

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
So beautiful!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Got Beach?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You've definitely taken it to the next level! Your Z looks stunning and not to blacked out.

I do agree with you on the drop... 1-1.5" lower on the car would make it just right.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 229 Posts
Looks good and I am impressed that the ride didn't change much. Most certainly not your standard looking ZDX.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ZhenyaF
So beautiful!
Thank you!

You've definitely taken it to the next level! Your Z looks stunning and not to blacked out.

I do agree with you on the drop... 1-1.5" lower on the car would make it just right.
Man I wish someone made a kit, but then again im worried about the IDS system and dont want to destroy it over time being lowered. Im guessing a 1" drop would be ideal. thanks for the kind words.

Looks good and I am impressed that the ride didn't change much. Most certainly not your standard looking ZDX.
Thanks, Im also impressed with the ride comfort. I have noticed my MPG has gone down a little bit. Time will tell
Old 07-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, beautiful ride... and I like the fact that the mods were done in good taste... you didn't turn the vehicle into a super Rice Rocket, which I was afraid was going to happen...
Old 07-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Got Beach?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jordexj
Wow, beautiful ride... and I like the fact that the mods were done in good taste... you didn't turn the vehicle into a super Rice Rocket, which I was afraid was going to happen...
Agreed or over-blinged it with massively large chrome dipped rims. I hate it when peeps do that.

Mugen has put his ride on a whole new level.

Now I gotta catch up with his Z!!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by jordexj
Thanks for the feedback. I dont believe in rice enless im eating it Take care

Agreed or over-blinged it with massively large chrome dipped rims. I hate it when peeps do that.

Mugen has put his ride on a whole new level.

Now I gotta catch up with his Z!!
Man your Z looks awesome too! We are all lucky to own such an unique car. It sure is nice to never see these on the road. Makes me not miss my NSX as much.

When I get back from my vacation I would like to get a custom exhaust made from a local company and plan on buying a 2012 Acura TL front lip kit and do some custom work to get it to fit.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:53 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

won't lie... i'm a hater right now. you did such a pin-point, ACCURAte job on that ZDX. needs nothing more, except maybe some HID fogs, and a slight drop

i envy you. i wanted the ZDX, but backed out of the deal last minute... to be honest, i didnt like the leather dash trim
Old 07-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Pro

Thanks a lot BLACKURA_NY! Im actually driving a loaner TL today and really like the way the car just takes off. I still have never driven a AWD TL. The ZDX is just a cruiser and im cool with that. Cant believe you dont like the Leather dash, that's one of my favorite interior pieces!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:08 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
mugen_kid,

Your ZDX is just simply stunning...
Old 07-11-2011, 06:15 AM
Cruisin'

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Super nice - I also have black advance. I like your new look. I'll probably stick with stock wheels but will debadge.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ZZZZZDX_White
mugen_kid,

Your ZDX is just simply stunning...
Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by Good,bad,ugly
Super nice - I also have black advance. I like your new look. I'll probably stick with stock wheels but will debadge.
I just checked out your thread, congrats and welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks even better than I could have imagined. You should send those pics to the people at Vossen. Acura needs some representation on thier website.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by NJSGTI
Looks even better than I could have imagined. You should send those pics to the people at Vossen. Acura needs some representation on thier website.
Thanks a lot! Funny you say that, I have some of my Photography on their website of cars we do at our shop. We have a great relationship with Vossen and the guys there are great people to work with, true ENTHUSIAST! I will be doing a better photoshoot this weekend just for this reason.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:51 AM
Cruisin'

The completed pictures look great as a package!

I am totally ignorant about the blacking out thing but I would like to do.

So I take it to a body shop and tell them what I want and they will match the colors?

Awesome job!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Good,bad,ugly
The completed pictures look great as a package!

I am totally ignorant about the blacking out thing but I would like to do.

So I take it to a body shop and tell them what I want and they will match the colors?

Awesome job!
Thanks, I ended up taking the front grille off at my house to save cost at the body shop. The front bumper needs to be removed but is very easy and simple. When you take the grille to your preferred body shop they will need your VIN# and Paint code to get the best match possible. The rear I just removed all the emblems and had the body shop paint the Acura logo the same time they did the grille. As far as the red reflectors go I just pulled them out and painted them at the house. You just need to loosen the exhaust tips in the bumper to pull the reflectors out.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by mugen_kid
Thanks, I ended up taking the front grille off at my house to save cost at the body shop. The front bumper needs to be removed but is very easy and simple. When you take the grille to your preferred body shop they will need your VIN# and Paint code to get the best match possible. The rear I just removed all the emblems and had the body shop paint the Acura logo the same time they did the grille. As far as the red reflectors go I just pulled them out and painted them at the house. You just need to loosen the exhaust tips in the bumper to pull the reflectors out.

Great-thanks!
Old 07-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 175 Posts
Your ZDX and the Vossen wheels looks flawless. Perfect! too bad they don't made any lowering spring yet.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by KB1Spec
Your ZDX and the Vossen wheels looks flawless. Perfect! too bad they don't made any lowering spring yet.
Thanks bro I really want a to lower this thing. I might buy some H&R springs from a few Honda/Acura vehicles to see how close they are to the ZDX suspension. Its worth a shot!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:42 PM
Safety Car

Sweet! Actually I wanted the ZDX before pulling the trigger on the TL but the dealership said what I wanted is back order because of Japan. So no choice because my lease was up on my RL that month. But ya, if I had the ZDX, I would get the factory kit. I did a search a while ago on Eibach or H&R but it came out nothing for that car. I think because of that magnetic suspension or could be wrong. But your car is sweet!
The following users liked this post:
abracing (01-28-2012)
Old 07-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Pro

I took advantage of some time today and washed the car, grabbed the camera, and hit the road! Sorry for all the photos it's a hobby of mine Plus it's really hard trying to capture good photos of this car, it just has so many wild lines.

Last edited by mugen_kid; 07-18-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:40 AM
Pro

Old 07-18-2011, 02:05 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I will admit something first... I do not like SUVs. Let's just leave it at that. I don't like the X6 or similar vehicles - though, the ZDX defies classification. Having spent a lot of time driving an MDX on several occasions, the ZDX is definitely a much different vehicle, but even then I was never a huge fan. I'm not trying to derail the thread or even bashing, just giving some background. That said....

Your ZDX looks amazing. Your choice in wheels is great, as well as blacking out the grille and reflectors while leaving the other parts as is for an accent, even down to the running boards (to show my ignorance of the ZDX, I don't even know if those are factory). Had it not been you, I might not have clicked on this thread - I was a fan of your NSX - but since it was, I knew there was something special in store.

The recent pictures really show off the lines. Incredible job. If I had a ZDX, your car would probably be one of my inspirations.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:18 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Costco
I will admit something first... I do not like SUVs. Let's just leave it at that. I don't like the X6 or similar vehicles - though, the ZDX defies classification. Having spent a lot of time driving an MDX on several occasions, the ZDX is definitely a much different vehicle, but even then I was never a huge fan. I'm not trying to derail the thread or even bashing, just giving some background. That said....

Your ZDX looks amazing. Your choice in wheels is great, as well as blacking out the grille and reflectors while leaving the other parts as is for an accent, even down to the running boards (to show my ignorance of the ZDX, I don't even know if those are factory). Had it not been you, I might not have clicked on this thread - I was a fan of your NSX - but since it was, I knew there was something special in store.

The recent pictures really show off the lines. Incredible job. If I had a ZDX, your car would probably be one of my inspirations.
Well I can be honest and agree with you on the first statement. I have never owned or really cared for SUV's much. I have either owned 2 door sports cars or Coupes. I have really been wanting a some type of Luxury/Sport vehicle the last couple years and now that my life is changing I needed something cool but practical(Im single and no kids so yes this is practical for me) The ZDX really is different in a lot of ways. Thanks for the kind words, it really means a lot!

Last edited by mugen_kid; 07-18-2011 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:21 AM
Pro

Not trying to whore my car, just took almost 1000 photos today. Trying to sort thru them all.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 229 Posts
Very nice pics. Looks like you found a great wide open location to get some good angles on your ZDX. Nice work on the pics and your ZDX looks great.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Safety Car

Wanna trade car? LOL
Old 07-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Pro

Very nice pics. Looks like you found a great wide open location to get some good angles on your ZDX. Nice work on the pics and your ZDX looks great.
Thank you kind sir!

Originally Posted by KB1Spec
Wanna trade car? LOL
Haha I wanted a TL for so long, never thought I would be driving a ZDX if you asked me a year ago lol
Old 07-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Beautiful car
Old 07-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 136 Posts
Your ZDX looks amazing! I love what you did to it!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts
Yup, even I'll admit (since I didn't like the wheels at first) that the total package came out looking sharp. The wheels look better from afar than they do close-up--there's just something about them in the near pictures that is annoyingly BMW-ish to me.

Do you have the accessory spoiler on there? It looks big to me, but it's hard if not impossible to tell on a black ZDX if it's the factory or add-on spoiler.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by aysertypes
Beautiful car
Thanks!

Originally Posted by HDNBenjamin
Your ZDX looks amazing! I love what you did to it!
Thank you Benjamin

Originally Posted by DJ Iceman
Yup, even I'll admit (since I didn't like the wheels at first) that the total package came out looking sharp. The wheels look better from afar than they do close-up--there's just something about them in the near pictures that is annoyingly BMW-ish to me.

Do you have the accessory spoiler on there? It looks big to me, but it's hard if not impossible to tell on a black ZDX if it's the factory or add-on spoiler.
I agree, black is hard to notice the spoiler. I do have the accessory spoiler. Thanks for you feedback on the wheels, I know you were never a fan but I knew once they were on the car people would think different. I still plan on getting a 20" set in the future, I really like the look of the 20" on your ride.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Mannnn, the car looks stunning!! Saw the pics on the Vossen website! I really love what you have done so far. As everyone has already mentioned, a subtle drop and it would be GAME OVER
Old 07-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 88 Posts
Thats a hot ZDX, thats my next ride but in white. Enjoy her you have a beutiful ride. One thing , Why did you not go stagered that would of set it off.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
simply amazing

Quick Reply: My 2010 Acura ZDX Advanced CBP