Gone, but not going!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Gone, but not going!

Well, after 8+ years I no longer own any Acuras. I traded the '11 ZDX Advance (9,600 miles) in last Thursday for a used (7,600 miles) '12 Cadillac CTS Premium AWD. I took a big bath on the ZDX, but I got a deal-of-a-lifetime on the CTS. I had the ZDX appraised at 3 dealerships (1 Toyota and 2 Cadillac) and they came up with $35K-$37K, even though KBB is showing over $41K. There is no demand for the ZDX, new or used; that's sad, but it's business after all. Someone is going to get a great car if they want a used ZDX.

While I no longer own an Acura, I will still check out Acurazine from time-to-time to see what's up with all the great members.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Aw...
But then I see you change cars pretty often... ;-)

I wonder though what makes you change to the CTS?
(And why you want to exchange the ZDX?)

Enjoy the CTS though!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Off roading in his

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
^ I'm curious to know why you got the CTS instead of the ZDX too.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ZhenyaF
^ I'm curious to know why you got the CTS instead of the ZDX too.
Since I just bought my wife a '12 Prius v 5/ATP I did not need a heavy crossover, which most people think is ugly, anymore. The CTS is beautiful, more powerful, has a Bose 5.1 audio system (not quite as good as the ESL) and runs on regular gas, which is why my wife wanted me to get rid of the ZDX, plus the trade-in value of the ZDX was/is plummeting. I previously owned a '03 CTS, which my wife still loves to this day, but I experienced a major problem (leaking rear differential seal) with the CTS, being it was a new model for Cadillac. Anything else you are curious about? I am an open book.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Instructor

Rexorg,
Of course if you think the CTS is beautiful, certainly go for it.
What do you think of the ZDX though (other than plummeted value)? Do you think it's ugly too?

When I read around the web, I'm pretty surprised... Most people just slammed the ZDX like crazy...
Old 05-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
Noone told me that Z is ugly so far. Two most frequent comments are "Hey, its just like X6 but nicer" or "Thats a real spaceship"
I'm pleased
Old 05-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Instructor

Sandro,
How rare is the ZDX over there? Must be pretty cool to feel like driving a custom car built just for you.

Yeah, nobody really told me that either.
From time to time, some people are just staring (surprised that they see one on the road?) on the intersection or parking lot.

I think most people who has seen the real thing in front of their eyes will certainly change their mind... like me ;-)
This ZDX certainly looks better in person.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by ZZZZZDX_White
Sandro,
How rare is the ZDX over there? Must be pretty cool to feel like driving a custom car built just for you.

Yeah, nobody really told me that either.
From time to time, some people are just staring (surprised that they see one on the road?) on the intersection or parking lot.

I think most people who has seen the real thing in front of their eyes will certainly change their mind... like me ;-)
This ZDX certainly looks better in person.
There are a few ZDXs in Moscow (maybe 20-30 for a 12 million city), sometimes I can even see two of them during a day, but more often one ZDX during a week

So I really enjoy being unique, people in oncoming traffic stare and point at me every now and then. Sometimes too much. With my custom lighting it catches even more attention. Nice rims comming very soon :P
Old 05-23-2012, 12:00 AM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
ZDX is a special car for special people (with exceptional taste). Good luck with the Caddy Rex. I would love to get my hands on a CTS-V!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the CTS and can appreciate the decision to go away from Premium fuel. My wife LOVES the ZDX, so we've been kicking around the idea of a slightly-used ZDX once my Mazda lease is up (and then I'd drive the MDX).

But having two SUV-type vehicles that drink 91-octane just kills my senses.

Using very rough/round numbers, I figure here in CA, 91-octane avgs about $.20 more per gallon. Avg about 15 mpg (again, rounding here) over a year of 15,000 miles, we'd consume about 1,000 gallons of gas. 1000 x .20 yields $200.

So with 2 vehicles, I'd be paying $400 a year extra for Premium fuel. That's a tough pill to swallow

Side-note: pics of your CTS?
Old 05-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 245 Posts
I average 20 mpg on my mdx (on the mid)...that's with a 40/60 suburbia/highway driving. I'm sure if you drove a tad bit slower on the highway, you'd be able to get better mpgs and thus render the .20 premium for 91 inconsequential. But, then again, you shouldn't have to change your driving habits
Old 05-29-2012, 07:55 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was it hard getting the price you wanted for ZDX?
Old 07-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jpeazy21
Was it hard getting the price you wanted for ZDX?
Yes, it was very hard and as I stated earlier in this thread the trade-in price of the ZDX keeps dropping and dropping. The ZDX was/is a wonderful and beautiful car IMHO, but I could not see losing so much money; that's why I bought the CTS, which should give me a better trade-in on my next vehicle, which probably will be a used '13 Cadillac ATS, or '14 Cadillac CTS. Time will tell.