Bug with iPhone USB connection

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Bug with iPhone USB connection

When I connect my iPhone to the USB port and attempt to play music, the songs, artists, etc, come up on the screen, but when I press the button on the console to select the song, it does not play. However, if I disconnect the USB cable and then immediately reconnect it, then the song plays from the spot where it would have been if it started correctly. It's like the iPhone is playing but the signal is not getting to the audio system. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so, what did you do about it?

Elmcitystu
'11 Black/Black Tech
Old 06-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had a few connection problems with my iPhone 4, mainly dealing with Bluetooth Audio though. When you have your iPhone connected, make sure that the 'Dock Connector' setting is selected on your phone. Sometimes it defaults to HandsFreeLink, or Bluetooth Audio. When plugged into the USB port, go into the iPod app on your iPhone, which should bring you to a screen saying that your iPhone is connected or something like that. Press the small icon at the bottom, and select 'Dock Connector,' if already not selected.

If the 'Dock Connector' is already selected, try just scrolling to the next track in the playlist, and the audio should come through.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Cruisin'

On the topic of iPhones, I've been having intermittent Bluetooth Audio connection problems. When I toggle to Bluetooth Audio on the ZDX console, the music from my iPhone doesn't always start playing. I've always made sure that a Bluetooth connection has been established, as evidenced by the little icon on the smaller display. If I go into the iPod function on my iPhone, I can manually select a track, and the audio will come through via Bluetooth, but I won't be able to use the steering wheel controls to skip songs. If the audio comes through on its own when I toggle to Bluetooth Audio, I am able to use the steering wheel/console controls. It is really inconsistent, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. It doesn't seem to matter whether the iPod app is running on the iPhone or not. I can't figure it out. Any thoughts??
Old 06-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Off roading in his

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I've had the problem the OP has - if the bluetooth of the phone is on and I want to play the songs from the iPod via USB, I have to unplug it and plug it back in and then it works.

I've also had the intermitent bluetooth problem ^. Sometimes the steering wheel controls work, sometimes they dont, and for me there's no pattern.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ZhenyaF
I've had the problem the OP has - if the bluetooth of the phone is on and I want to play the songs from the iPod via USB, I have to unplug it and plug it back in and then it works.
Try plugging in the iPhone before you turn on the car. This seems to work for me. If you've already started the engine before connecting, then just make sure the Dock Connector setting is selected, as I mentioned. This works for me at least.

Now if only I could figure out this stupid Bluetooth problem...