AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   ZDX (https://acurazine.com/forums/zdx-326/)
-   -   Anyone else miss the ZDX? (https://acurazine.com/forums/zdx-326/anyone-else-miss-zdx-885103/)

mugen_kid 04-12-2013 11:11 AM

Anyone else miss the ZDX?

Well its been a little over a year since I sold my beloved ZDX. For some reason lately I really have regretted getting rid of it. Its been a real challenge trying to find the NSX I wont for they are at a premium price right now! That may change once winter comes around but I don't count on it. I'm really in love with my CL-S and plan on keeping it as a second car/daily driver. I recently purchased a Honda Ruckus and have been spending some time and money on that project. This thing is a money pit:whyme:

I wish I could get the ZDX out of my mind, but its been hard. It seems like every time im looking at NSX's online for sale Im looking at the ZDX's next. I swear I have a freaking sickness and its called NO PATIENCE:tongue: I really like the fact that the ZDXs are really going at good prices. I sure would like to get back in one sometime in the future! Anyone else missing their ZDX? I miss you guys too:toocool:

Sandro 04-12-2013 01:28 PM

you should buy the ZDX again bro :)

KB1Spec 04-12-2013 01:48 PM

I should be in the process of getting one next year when my TL lease is up and hopefully there isnt much of the drastic changes on the design. If its still the same set up as yours, I will be bugging you to see what kind of mod you have done to your ex-ZDX because you have one of the cleanest ZDX I've ever seen here on the forum and give you much props!

123456SPEED 04-12-2013 02:12 PM

Hi mk, get one before Sandro in Moscow ships 'em all overseas

T0L8 04-12-2013 07:08 PM

I think the ZDX is a special vehicle. I have followed it since its inception and recent purchased one before it becomes extinct in Acura line up. Having own one for a few weeks, I have no criticism for the coupe. I think it fits out lifestyle. The one thing I enjoy the most is its rarity. I have yet to see another ZDX around where I live.

I saw your black ZDX on this forum. It was nicely modified. I bet it was difficult to let go. If you get another one, I think you probably don't want to repeat the same modifications, but create something different. That would be interest to watch! Keep us posted.

terdonal 04-12-2013 07:32 PM

Yes, I regret trading mine. Hindsight being 20-20 I should have kept it, I really miss it.

mugen_kid 04-12-2013 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sandro (Post 14423245)
you should buy the ZDX again bro :)

You never do know, I still plan on getting a NSX soon but I just don't know when. I'm still debating what year to get. I really want a 02-05 but at the end of the day I could buy a 91 and ZDX for the price those are going for right now. Doesn't sound like a bad idea actually:thumbsup: I just want to keep saving and searching. Good luck with the new car bro!

Originally Posted by KB1Spec (Post 14423274)
I should be in the process of getting one next year when my TL lease is up and hopefully there isnt much of the drastic changes on the design. If its still the same set up as yours, I will be bugging you to see what kind of mod you have done to your ex-ZDX because you have one of the cleanest ZDX I've ever seen here on the forum and give you much props!

I think you would like the ZDX! I have you covered on any question, just ask:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by 123456SPEED (Post 14423326)
Hi mk, get one before Sandro in Moscow ships 'em all overseas

Nobody has shit on Sandro:toocool:

Originally Posted by T0L8 (Post 14423710)
I think the ZDX is a special vehicle. I have followed it since its inception and recent purchased one before it becomes extinct in Acura line up. Having own one for a few weeks, I have no criticism for the coupe. I think it fits out lifestyle. The one thing I enjoy the most is its rarity. I have yet to see another ZDX around where I live.

I saw your black ZDX on this forum. It was nicely modified. I bet it was difficult to let go. If you get another one, I think you probably don't want to repeat the same modifications, but create something different. That would be interest to watch! Keep us posted.

The rarity of the ZDX sure does make it special. I have only seen one since I sold mine. I sure would go a different route if I do go back to the Z. Sure would love me some umber:yum:

Originally Posted by terdonal (Post 14423737)
Yes, I regret trading mine. Hindsight being 20-20 I should have kept it, I really miss it.

I have done this on a couple cars, how's the ILX treating you?

terdonal 04-13-2013 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by mugen_kid (Post 14424093)
I have done this on a couple cars, how's the ILX treating you?

I actually traded it in for a brand new 2012 TSX ASPEC so defeated my whole purpose of going to the ILX from the ZDX.

VeNeNo 04-17-2013 04:05 PM

Is Forever to long...?

My lease is up in a little over a year now on my 2011. These are the kinds of conversations/threads that make me want to keep my ZDseX forever. I just know if I trade her in I will regret it. Especially now that its discontinued the ZDX will continue to hold its value for years to come...

Sandro 04-17-2013 04:14 PM

I plan to keep my Z's for atleast 3 years from now on, then probably will give one of them to my parents and make the other one some Fast & Furious car :)

K-Y Lee 05-08-2013 05:38 AM

Exactly, you do not see many around..... That is why Acura abandoned it.

123456SPEED 05-08-2013 11:19 AM

I wish Acura would have done the effiiciency raising with Earthdreams and electrics, for the ZDX. I believe the niche CUV market is gonna grow. but I guess the sales couldn't justify too much outlay. I just think some work could have been done to extend the life of this model and make it more marketable.

EkSoni 05-08-2013 10:07 PM

I definitely regret trading in my Zdx.... I was super close to buying it after the sales manager at the Acura dealership traded it back..

mugen_kid 05-09-2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by terdonal (Post 14424291)
I actually traded it in for a brand new 2012 TSX ASPEC so defeated my whole purpose of going to the ILX from the ZDX.

My bad, I thought you picked up an ILX. I had a chance to drive a loaner TSX when the ZDX was in for service. I was really impressed:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by VeNeNo (Post 14431429)
My lease is up in a little over a year now on my 2011. These are the kinds of conversations/threads that make me want to keep my ZDseX forever. I just know if I trade her in I will regret it. Especially now that its discontinued the ZDX will continue to hold its value for years to come...

The regret card sucks! Been there a couple times:ugh:

Originally Posted by Sandro (Post 14431443)
I plan to keep my Z's for atleast 3 years from now on, then probably will give one of them to my parents and make the other one some Fast & Furious car :)

It sure would be nice to have some more accessories options for this car! I think that was one of my biggest problems with the ZDX. I like to mod!

Originally Posted by 123456SPEED (Post 14468472)
I wish Acura would have done the effiiciency raising with Earthdreams and electrics, for the ZDX. I believe the niche CUV market is gonna grow. but I guess the sales couldn't justify too much outlay. I just think some work could have been done to extend the life of this model and make it more marketable.

I agree, with the price of the original ZDX it really needed more power or something to set the bar apart from the rest of the line-up.

Originally Posted by EkSoni (Post 14469700)
I definitely regret trading in my Zdx.... I was super close to buying it after the sales manager at the Acura dealership traded it back..

You have plenty of time for another, your still a teen:thumbsup: Live it up while you still have time!

EkSoni 05-09-2013 07:49 PM

Lol that's definitely true man.. But nonetheless was a awesome car. Hopefully I can pick a used advance in a couple of years with decent miles.

saba007 05-21-2013 10:57 AM

I have had mine for 15 months now. I don't drive it as much, but when I do, I love every moment in it. Head turner all the way. I used to see one around my area, but haven't seen it in a while. I met up some friends for a bachelor party outing a couple of weekends ago, and they were all over it. 15 guys, and not ONE has seen one before. Felt great. I like fast cars but I LOVE rare cars. Next care will be a 2007-08 Alpina B7. Not until the Z is paid off ;)

Ro_Ja Boy 05-29-2013 05:11 PM

I've been looking at the ZDX as an option and yours has helped push me to really consider one. I wish I could have bought yours. :D

mugen_kid 06-25-2013 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy (Post 14504251)
I've been looking at the ZDX as an option and yours has helped push me to really consider one. I wish I could have bought yours. :D

What up long lost S2K friend :D How are things going? Good luck on your search if you go with the Z!

3.2TLc 08-10-2013 10:23 PM

ZDX....get them while ya still can !!!

Originally Posted by K-Y Lee (Post 14467945)
Exactly, you do not see many around..... That is why Acura abandoned it.

Honda/Acura attempted to build a unique automobile (CUV) with the ZDX, but apparently missed the desired target. I think that potential buyers could'nt lock in on the spacey styling, especially in a competitive marketplace. Too bad !

They will resight on the smaller sized and more economical CUV's. Too bad again !