Acura ZDX a Design Disaster among others

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
another thing that bothers me about the ZDX is that the rear doors aren't really hidden, even though they're supposed to be. there's like 3 slabs of plastic there and then the vertical window line. it draws more attention to the area than hide it.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts
I personally like the ZDX and I am actually considering buying one, but I will will wait until 2012. I never thought about the Aztec, but I guess somewhere you guys are right, although Pontiac never had an interior like that.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
the biggest mistake that acura made for the ZDX was making it a crossover. It would have been fine as a coupe.

btw the X6 looks VERY aggressive in person. The ZDX looks like the female version of the MDX or a snoopy (yes the charley brown snoopy) based vehicle.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
The ZDX is definitely a polarizing design, either love it or hate it. In five months of ownership: people have stopped to comment on the design, said they loved it, half a dozen haven't noticed that it's a four door (not car enthusiasts), have said the ass end looks like the north end of a fat scullery maid heading south, have said WTF IS that thing and everyone has raved about the interior.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:18 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,546 Likes on 1,201 Posts
The ZDX is one of those vehicles people love to complain about while it is here; but, will miss it badly when it is gone. The ZDX is the closest thing to a coupe Acura is offering right now. The ZDX has everything folks wish for in a coupe:

- More usable trunk space (can take a real vacation in the ZDX)
- A back seat for adults in a pinch
- Better visibility (higher stance, same visibility as most hardtop coupes)
- All weather and almost all terrain capabilities
- Performance and handling
- Quiet and comfortable at all speeds
- Can be a daily driver
- Doesn't look like a mid-life crisis purchase like a Z4, corvette or MB.

All the other luxury coupes around the same price are too small and not made to be a 4 season driver. I hope the ZDX sticks around another 4 more years (need to get the last kid out the house). I think the ZDX is a vehicle waaaaay before its time. Add some hybrid tech for 23/23 city/hwy and you have one of the best 4 door coupe on the road.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:20 PM
2010 ZDX Tech Black/Ebony

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All modern design is polarizing. Philippe Starck's designs were polarizing when first seen, as were Frank Ghery's, yet they have become accepted as high quality designs over time. My ZDX has received nothing but raves. The reality is, if you have it, you like it; if you don't, most likely you don't. Everyone loves to have an opinion; but in time what matters is how the vehicle looks 10 years from now, not today. Time will tell if the ZDX is a descendent of the Pontiac Aztec or the great Aztec civilization (which also disappeared, but for far different reasons).