Acura - Concept vs. Reality

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Acura - Concept vs. Reality

Reading those Acura Concept on the Detroit Auto Show (NSX, RDX, ILX),
I wonder why concepts never been implemented 100% (LED, Wheels, etc)?

Looking back at our own ZDX concept back in 2009, I truly wish Acura just implemented the whole thing to production.
Honestly, I love the concept version MUCH better than reality (minus the LED, Wheels, etc).

Truly make a difference, eh?
What do you guys think?

I also wish that Honda/Acura realizes that WHEELS design truly help the visual appeal of automobiles.
IMHO, Audi and Porsche have great wheel designs. Acura has one of the worst.
Attached Thumbnails Acura - Concept vs. Reality-acura-zdx-concept.jpg   Acura - Concept vs. Reality-acura-zdx-concept-2.jpg  
Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ZZZZZDX_White
Reading those Acura Concept on the Detroit Auto Show (NSX, RDX, ILX),
I wonder why concepts never been implemented 100% (LED, Wheels, etc)?

Looking back at our own ZDX concept back in 2009, I truly wish Acura just implemented the whole thing to production.
Honestly, I love the concept version MUCH better than reality (minus the LED, Wheels, etc).

Truly make a difference, eh?
What do you guys think?

I also wish that Honda/Acura realizes that WHEELS design truly help the visual appeal of automobiles.
IMHO, Audi and Porsche have great wheel designs. Acura has one of the worst.
Acura has always touted "value for the money", and that is why so many things don't make the transition from concept to production. As far as the Acura wheels go, the optional wheels are always around $2K more and a lot nicer. You still get what you pay for and Acura makes a lot of profit for the shareholders. Car makers still try to hold prices below the next ten of thousands level, i.e. $59,990 instead of $60,000, etc. so some things have to go to keep it that way.

Last edited by Rexorg; 01-13-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I would also guess that there ae a lot of idea that go into the concept cars that would not end up being street legal. That may be one reason so much changes on a lot of concepts. I'm sure the automakers like to make the concepts really flashy for the auto shows and to drive interest for when i is released but just can't translate everything to the street. I also agree with the comments on price too.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I know about the Price and Cost factors.

However, it is truly important to (certainly) not let the people down (other than building attractive cars, of course)

IMHO, the production ZDX looks like it has been toned down (too) much from the concept.
I wish they keep the concept wheels.
I see that the Limited Edition FX now has (very) similar wheels and I truly-truly love it.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:26 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agreed with ZZZZZDX_White. it's a cost factor. they are trying to make the most bucks as possible. All in all it not like a custom make car, it's a production car. money money & money and time is money...