2024+ Acura ZDX Reviews!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2024, 08:56 AM
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rmsanger
I test drove a ZDX type S today.. It's a super nice package but at $75k I was not feeling it. I'd much rather have Tesla Model 3 Performance for $48k OTD with tax credits. I know it's not exactly a direct comparison as they are two completely different vehicles but yet I am cross-shopping them. The Model 3 experience was better very nice for about 60% of the price. Yes I'd prefer the ZDX if cost were not a concern but the value prop is undeniable.
You can buy one for roughly $17k off. The ZDX should have been $67k from the manufacturer and we wouldn't be having this conversation. I think a lot of people would agree that the ZDX is put together better than a M3P and the experience is better all-around. Minus the performance, I think the ZDX is the better buy.

Originally Posted by Pens Fan
The ZDX is overpriced and the $18,000 in incentives and dealer discounts that are available bring the price down considerably. If these discounted prices don't appreciably increase ZDX sales not sure what Acura can do. They are most likely questioning their decision to use GM to get their EV offerings off the ground.
It's all price driven. Like I said to @Rmsanger , if the price was lower, these would sell. People would realize that the ZDX is supple and a better place to be in than many other similar electric cars.

Originally Posted by Pens Fan
The issue for many is that this is a GM product not a Honda product. There are too many mediocre reviews of both the ZDX and Prologue to compel anyone to say they have to have it. The heavily discounted prices available on either model are causing a lot of red ink. Having mostly GM parts on a Honda product is a no go for most. My point was that in retrospect Honda probably should have waited to introduce their own EV-the market is rather small right now so a year or so would not have hurt them. Hindsight of course is always 20-20!!!
Because everything is relative, if the ZDX didn't have competition, all these reviews would be about how well the ZDX drives and the features that are available. People are thinking "Because I can get 90% of the features in a car that is $25k less, why would I pay more?"

What would make the experience more engaging and worth the money is an update for more power from a stand-still. 3.5 sec to 60mph and you have a vehicle that will sell much better. Don't ask me how I know that.
Old 08-30-2024, 09:00 AM
Drifting

Received 1,267 Likes on 922 Posts
Originally Posted by ZDeX
What would make the experience more engaging and worth the money is an update for more power from a stand-still. 3.5 sec to 60mph and you have a vehicle that will sell much better. Don't ask me how I know that.
Because 3.5 s would beat 3.6 s of the Model Y Performance? They would still be priced too similar and you wouldn't get that Acura "value"!

Originally Posted by ELIN
4 sec is par for the course when it comes to EVs! The comparably priced Tesla Model Y Performance can do 3.6 sec! You get just about the same 4.3 sec in the "regular" Model Y that's a lot cheaper than the ZDX Type S!

https://www.caranddriver.com/tesla/model-y
Old 08-30-2024, 09:36 AM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Because 3.5 s would beat 3.6 s of the Model Y Performance? They would still be priced too similar and you wouldn't get that Acura "value"!
At some point fast enough is fast enough and more has little value. 3.6s to 60 versus 4.3. Yawn. It gets you excited a few times a year but has no real value in the real world.

The Tesla's ride like junk. Very poor ride quality. Nothing like my ZDX. Or the Accord it replaced for that matter. Bland, outdated styling. And the Elon-ick factor. The only thing going for it is the price and the Super Charger network.
Old 08-30-2024, 11:02 AM
7th Gear

Who cares if it beats the Model Y. The overall experience is what people care about and the ZDX would be more of an option for people if it was faster, especially the Type S. It's performance-oriented so it needs to drive like one.

Originally Posted by billjay
At some point fast enough is fast enough and more has little value. 3.6s to 60 versus 4.3. Yawn. It gets you excited a few times a year but has no real value in the real world.

The Tesla's ride like junk. Very poor ride quality. Nothing like my ZDX. Or the Accord it replaced for that matter. Bland, outdated styling. And the Elon-ick factor. The only thing going for it is the price and the Super Charger network.
I'll disagree. If you buy a performance version of something, it should walk the walk. Trust me, there is value with a half second decrease in that parameter in the performance world. I hope they choose to do so in the coming months.
The following users liked this post:
Tony Pac (09-01-2024)
Old 09-02-2024, 10:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
You sure you're not talking about the OTA update that fixes "a software problem that can lead to brake failure"?

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/recall-...%20Lyriq%20SUV.
No, I was talking about the upcoming MY25 software package that should be available OTA for all 23/24 Ultium vehicles.

Now GM Authority is also reporting on this, saying Lyriq will receive HP increase with RWD 340->365 and AWD 500->515. GM Authority does not have the best track record, but does the news mean MY25 ZDX Type-S will have 514hp?
Old 09-03-2024, 06:46 AM
Drifting

Received 1,267 Likes on 922 Posts
Originally Posted by sonyfever
No, I was talking about the upcoming MY25 software package that should be available OTA for all 23/24 Ultium vehicles.

Now GM Authority is also reporting on this, saying Lyriq will receive HP increase with RWD 340->365 and AWD 500->515. GM Authority does not have the best track record, but does the news mean MY25 ZDX Type-S will have 514hp?
GM knows this relationship w/Acura is short-lived. I would imagine they would make this exclusive for themselves as profit from licensees is much less than direct profit!
Old 09-04-2024, 06:33 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by sonyfever

I'd love more power, who wouldn't? Interested what they decide to do. One thing they will have to watch out for is making sure all of the 2024s move before the 2025s come out. There would be no benefit going with a 2024 if 2025s are out and have more power. They might get into more of a headache and have to discount the 2024s even more. Tread lightly Acura...