2024+ Acura ZDX Reviews!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2024, 12:18 PM
9th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by billjay
That is why we leased our A-Spec RWD. Leasing-then-buying for us results in roughly an $11k savings over paying cash. (note we are not eligible for the $7,500 tax credit, but we also got other incentives for leasing). We intend to pay the residual in 3 years, unless we just no longer want it or the new stuff on the market is noticeably better at that time. Our residual is 50% of MSRP.
I did the same - it was over 12K in incentives alone, plus the options to go back in and trade up early when they release the Acura-built helps.
The following users liked this post:
ESHBG (08-05-2024)
Old 08-01-2024, 05:15 PM
Drifting

Received 1,250 Likes on 908 Posts
Originally Posted by carefulwish
I did the same - it was over 12K in incentives alone, plus the options to go back in and trade up early when they release the Acura-built helps.
Acura-built won't be ready for another 5-6 years....unless the ZDX doesn't follow the model cycle of other Acuras.
Old 08-07-2024, 09:39 AM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
Acura-built won't be ready for another 5-6 years....unless the ZDX doesn't follow the model cycle of other Acuras.
Last I read, first Acura designed EV is due out 2025 or 26. Honda/Acura stated the Prologue and ZDX would have short lives. They were place holders until real Honda engineered EVs arrives.
Old 08-07-2024, 09:41 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by mvl
The day supply is a bad number when it follows a launch month. "Inventory divided by daily sales" has a low denominator as it includes launch ramp-up.

I agree ZDX sales are low amid an environment of EV's are getting less and less demand overall. Prologue/ZDX manufacturing is targeting 3300 units per month steady state and sales are ramping at 100/700/1200 units so far in the first 3 months, so the question will be whether the ramp plateaus or not.
Will be interesting to see how much money is on the hood come December. Lease numbers will be as low as leasing a Honda.
Old 08-07-2024, 09:41 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by sonyfever
Audio - the switch to B&O

After spending more time with the system, I can say the B&O probably has better measurements everywhere compared to ELS 3D. However, I am not sure I like the sound more. B&O is precise, clean, agile, without sounding analytical. But it somehow does not have the emotion/passion of ELS. The mid-to-low tone also sounds more hollow than ELS. I tried playing with the EQ, but could not find a good setting that balanced the mid-low and low tones.

By default, with BeoSonic EQ in neutral setting, the bass can be surprisingly strong for some pop music, while staying civil for others. This indicates to me that the bass can reach far lower frequencies than ELS 3D. The B&O is remarkably responsive - in particular, the bass speakers respond quickly to dynamic changes with little lag and distortion. The system shines more than ELS, the higher the source quality is. That tells me the system has wider frequency response and dynamic range than ELS, but maybe the DAC is not as good.

One major improvement over ELS is that front passenger now enjoys more balanced sound left-and-right. The driver-side still sounds a notch more cohesive than the passenger-side, though.

I feel ZDX interior is perhaps too big for the 18 speakers to fill and create a good sound stage. The sound comes only from the front, similar to ELS 3D.

As an illustration on what types of music the B&O plays well and not, Billie Eilish sounds really good and is a standout. Ed Sheeran is not as good but still decent, lacking the imaging of his vocals that is presented in ELS. Taylor Swift again sounds less in person than ELS.
As a fellow audiophile, thank you for taking the time to make this post.
The following users liked this post:
sonyfever (Yesterday)
Old 08-07-2024, 12:52 PM
Drifting

Received 1,250 Likes on 908 Posts
Originally Posted by Longhorn3
Last I read, first Acura designed EV is due out 2025 or 26. Honda/Acura stated the Prologue and ZDX would have short lives. They were place holders until real Honda engineered EVs arrives.
If that's true, my question is: why bother w/a single or 2 year ZDX? Prospective or brand new ZDX buyers will be left wondering how long Acura plans to "support" such a short-lived car!
Keeping the ZDX name would make sense but not if they end up retooling everything including the model name!
Old 08-07-2024, 01:17 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ELIN
If that's true, my question is: why bother w/a single or 2 year ZDX? Prospective or brand new ZDX buyers will be left wondering how long Acura plans to "support" such a short-lived car!
Keeping the ZDX name would make sense but not if they end up retooling everything including the model name!
Honda's in house EV is due 25 or 26. Acura I believe is around 26 or 27., I stand corrected. The ZDX was always going to be a stop-gap product. Product life of 3 or 4 years. That doesn't mean Acura will stop supporting it afterward.
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 539 Likes on 348 Posts

GM Issues Stop-Sale Order On Select Cadillac Lyriq Units

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2024/08/gm-issues-stop-sale-order-on-select-cadillac-lyriq-units/amp/