Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by RDX10
Hey Josh! There is a good amount of us Edmonton Aziners on here. Welcome!
thanks!
Old 12-15-2016, 02:32 PM
Cruisin'

I'm hoping to get an 2008 Acura TL Type S soon! Hopefully by the summer time I'll be able to find one that's mint condition.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh_TypeS
I'm hoping to get an 2008 Acura TL Type S soon! Hopefully by the summer time I'll be able to find one that's mint condition.
Nice! One of my favorite sedans of all time. What cars have you had before?
Old 12-15-2016, 06:15 PM
Cruisin'

Nice! One of my favorite sedans of all time. What cars have you had before?
Never had a car. I'm going to get the Honda civic first before the Acura TL because I'm still a student and I can't afford it yet haha. After finishing school, I'll be able to save up and look for an Acura TL..
Old 12-15-2016, 06:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Never had a car. I'm going to get the Honda civic first before the Acura TL because I'm still a student and I can't afford it yet haha. After finishing school, I'll be able to save up and look for an Acura TL..
Oh nice! I'm a student too. You going to Uni or still HS?
Old 12-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Cruisin'

Oh nice! I'm a student too. You going to Uni or still HS?
​​​​​​graduated just a year ago. Now I'm upgrading to get into college.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:48 PM
Suzuka Master

​​​​​​graduated just a year ago. Now I'm upgrading to get into college.

Sounds good,

I am in 4th year in uni, lol you probably go to the same classes as my little sister.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Dash cam install

Over 2 months since anything new here...getting worried that the Edmonton forum is dying out.

I've finally had it with the driver's here, and broke down and got a dash cam. I picked up
this one this one
as it seemed to be inconspicuous, and has a capacitor for Canadian winters. Reviews are pretty positive as well. It arrived this morning, and I'm still undecided if I want to install myself (recognizing that I know nothing about automotive wiring, and the one and only time I installed a stereo, it made a God-awful noise from all the speakers if I tried to use it when the lights were on), or if i want to have someone do it for me. I know a lot of places, like Visions, are experienced in suuch matters, but I don't imagine they invite people to bring in their own equipment; they'd rather sell me the cam and the installation. Anyone no of a place that will do installations of equipment not purchased there?

The most recent motivation for this was actually quite funny, and I wish I had video of it. I was driving to work in morning rush hour, down Gateway, just south of Whyte, and the guy in the A4 beside me was texting (not reading, actually texting). I (contrary to my general nature) was actually fairly polite in suggesting to him that he put the phone down...that really set him off. He spent the next while trying to get in front of me, though he was unable (not because I was driving fast or anything...it was morning rush, after all). Eventually he pulled up along side and yelled a bunch of "stuff"...nothing that caused me to much concern. Then he looked at my car and said (I kid you not) "I used to have one of those, but then I started making real money". I thought that was awesome. I also thought to myself, though I didn't ask, if he moved to the A4 because he found the extra 50 HP was just too much for him.

EDIT: that link is doing funny things, I know...this is the best I can seem to do.

Last edited by sockpuppet; 02-24-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:21 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Since I was banned from AZ for the past week (lol), I reverted back to the black hole known as 780tuners for a few days. Man, that site is DEAD. Quite literally no one posts on there anymore. I'm surprised the sponsors even pay to advertise on there.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:10 AM
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
Classic Edmonton drivers, where the ones doing something wrong have the right to rage at you. ) I've seen this happen so many times.

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
Over 2 months since anything new here...getting worried that the Edmonton forum is dying out.

I've finally had it with the driver's here, and broke down and got a dash cam. I picked up this one as it seemed to be inconspicuous, and has a capacitor for Canadian winters. Reviews are pretty positive as well. It arrived this morning, and I'm still undecided if I want to install myself (recognizing that I know nothing about automotive wiring, and the one and only time I installed a stereo, it made a God-awful noise from all the speakers if I tried to use it when the lights were on), or if i want to have someone do it for me. I know a lot of places, like Visions, are experienced in suuch matters, but I don't imagine they invite people to bring in their own equipment; they'd rather sell me the cam and the installation. Anyone no of a place that will do installations of equipment not purchased there?

The most recent motivation for this was actually quite funny, and I wish I had video of it. I was driving to work in morning rush hour, down Gateway, just south of Whyte, and the guy in the A4 beside me was texting (not reading, actually texting). I (contrary to my general nature) was actually fairly polite in suggesting to him that he put the phone down...that really set him off. He spent the next while trying to get in front of me, though he was unable (not because I was driving fast or anything...it was morning rush, after all). Eventually he pulled up along side and yelled a bunch of "stuff"...nothing that caused me to much concern. Then he looked at my car and said (I kid you not) "I used to have one of those, but then I started making real money". I thought that was awesome. I also thought to myself, though I didn't ask, if he moved to the A4 because he found the extra 50 HP was just too much for him.

EDIT: that link is doing funny things, I know...this is the best I can seem to do.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by edmua6
Classic Edmonton drivers, where the ones doing something wrong have the right to rage at you. ) I've seen this happen so many times.
I quite literally hate the drivers here so I legitimately RARELY drive between 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. If I am ever driving around that time, it's because I had no choice such as coming home from class that ends around those times. I have been considering a front cam because I don't know if it's me but ever since we had that major influx of people come in, the quality of drivers has gone WAY DOWN. Nearly every single night I end up behind multiple drivers at different times who just stop on the side of the road in residential areas without signalling or anything. Will literally just stop for no reason and I'm behind them. It's crazy.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:25 AM
Team Owner

No, no. It's just you. Edmonton drivers have been shit ever since I can remember. And I think I've started to figure out why. After spending a bit of time in Germany about a month ago, I've come to realize how Canada vastly differs than Germany, in that all our laws a geared towards the lowest common denominator. What does that mean? Or laws are geared towards the dumbest, oldest and weakest people in society in order to protect them and make everything "fair".

In Germany, the laws and culture in general seemed like it required you to have a bit of common sense. Has anyone ever said to you "there's no such thing as common sense anymore"? That is very true in Canada. Because the government gears all our laws to the lowest common denominator, meaning you really don't have to think for yourself anymore because the government does it for you. That's why common sense doesn't exist here, it's being quashed out of our existence, in order to protect those who would likely succumb to Darwinism in one way or another.

This is is why you have 95 year old grandma still driving. I've been told 1000 times over the years (and by cops too, to boot) that driving is a privilege and not a right. Yet it's 95 year old grandma's right to still be able to drive. Funny how that works. Just a week or two ago in Sherwood park there quite literally was an old man that ran over and killed another old man on his power cart in a marked crosswalk. How the fuck do you manage to fail to see a big fucking red cart, in a marked crosswalk, in the middle of the day?! And then the news said charges may not even be laid, because the guy that "accidentally" killed him is old. Are you fucking kidding?

Not only that, but even though "driving is a privilege", the requirements to get your license here are a farce. It's expensive as fuck and requires a shit ton of driving in Germany to get your license, including night driving, day driving, autobahn driving and I believe something else. Here? You have to parallel park against a curb on an empty street. What a challenge. And then you have the shady fucks who run these tests that will pass you if you're a friend, family, you start crying, or otherwise maybe slip them a few dollars and then you end up with people driving who shouldn't.

But it's not those peoples fault- it's your fault for doing 11km/h over the speed limit, on the henday, at 3am with no other cars around, on a road that otherwise should be 110km/h, but isn't, because it technically is a secondary highway which are always limited to 100km/h. You're the real danger.

Last edited by TacoBello; 02-26-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:36 AM
Team Owner

Don't get me wrong- Germany has plenty of issues of its own, just like any country. But it seems the people there are slightly more intelligent. I guess maybe it makes sense, as that country is hundreds of years older than ours. Maybe we will get there one day.

I also find it extremely retarded that here, you can drive the exact fucking speed limit on the highway in the left lane. In Germany, you'd be run off the road. Over there, big trucks must stay in the very right lane on the highway, and they have lower speed limits for just that lane (generally 80-90km/h). The middle lane is for those who want to do the speed limit, or just over it. The left lane is where you pass or otherwise haul ass. There are only sections of autobahn with no speed limit, but everyone knows that the left lane is for fast drivers. Even if passing, you better be passing at a speed that isn't pissing off a single car behind you.

Here? A friend of mine works for the Calgary police service. We started arguing about the highway laws here (i always believed it is illegal to pass on the right, like it is in many other countries), so he pulled up the traffic safety act off the net. Here, you can go whatever fucking speed you want, in whatever lane you want, as long as you don't exceed the limit. What blew my mind is you can pass cars on the right hand lane. They are encouraging to swerve in and out of lanes if you want to pass cars. How is that fucking safe? If you don't know what you're doing behind the wheel, driving in Germany can be scary. Here it's scary because of the sheer number of tools on the road.

Edmonton drivers are shit. But it stems from the government. Their ass backwards thinking (and I can continue ranting about this on and on, in differences between us and them) is what makes it a joke to drive here.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:43 AM
Team Owner

Terrible pics, but they actually change the speed limits as traffic changes. There will be advanced signs warning you if there is a traffic jam ahead and speed limits change accordingly. Here? You put up a sign for 6 months indicating "new sign" to tell people a speed limit changed.

Once again, fast cars left, slow as fuck cars and big trucks right. Also, all highway exits are always on the right. It blows my mind you can have exit ramps on either the left or right lanes here.

Last edited by TacoBello; 02-26-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
I'm a little late to this but I agree 100%, having driven through most of Europe, it really opens your eyes how backwards we are here.
The following users liked this post:
TacoBello (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 11:48 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
09 tl dash panel
09 tl drivers door
Look at that carbon
Originally Posted by myron
I'm a little late to this but I agree 100%, having driven through most of Europe, it really opens your eyes how backwards we are here.
i also have driven in europe , we are spoiled here lol in london the have 4 lanes in the size of our two lanes , it causes us to not be aware or pay attention.

Also i have started a new endeavour
i am not skinning parts in real carbon fiber so if you want some custom shit give me a text
Old 03-03-2017, 12:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jbond2099
09 tl dash panel
09 tl drivers door
Look at that carbon

i also have driven in europe , we are spoiled here lol in london the have 4 lanes in the size of our two lanes , it causes us to not be aware or pay attention.

Also i have started a new endeavour
i am not skinning parts in real carbon fiber so if you want some custom shit give me a text
You are not or you are now? Lol and that carbon fibre looks sick!
Old 03-03-2017, 12:50 AM
Instructor

You are not or you are now? Lol and that carbon fibre looks sick!

I am i repeat lol i am skinning in real carbon bahaha i do not know where the not came from lol
Old 03-03-2017, 08:11 AM
Suzuka Master

I am i repeat lol i am skinning in real carbon bahaha i do not know where the not came from lol
nice man, I always wanted to try it I was just too lazy to do so. I think we talked about this years ago actually. I am not into car modding anymore, I have a wife so "my" priorities have changed haha
Old 03-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Instructor

nice man, I always wanted to try it I was just too lazy to do so. I think we talked about this years ago actually. I am not into car modding anymore, I have a wife so "my" priorities have changed haha

hahah myron i just had a baby hahaha lol i could never stop never stopping lol
Old 03-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
Aaron, those look good. Are they price?
Old 03-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Suzuka Master

hahah myron i just had a baby hahaha lol i could never stop never stopping lol
Oh shit man!!! CONGRATS!!! Boy or girl? Change your name to Papa Bond :P
Old 03-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Instructor

Oh shit man!!! CONGRATS!!! Boy or girl? Change your name to Papa Bond :P

little boy dude
Old 03-08-2017, 02:32 PM
Suzuka Master

little boy dude
nice man, little car buddy
Old 03-14-2017, 01:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Since nobody has any thoughts on installers, I suppose I'll give the installation a try myself...we'll see how badly I can screw this up. Fortunately, there's a lot of good info on the 4G forums. I've ordered a voltage converter and fuse adapter, and will update once I get it done.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Since nobody has any thoughts on installers, I suppose I'll give the installation a try myself...we'll see how badly I can screw this up. Fortunately, there's a lot of good info on the 4G forums. I've ordered a voltage converter and fuse adapter, and will update once I get it done.
jbond is an installer at Visions, I am sure if you private message him he could do something on the side for you for some cash.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:18 PM
Instructor

whats up whats the question
Old 03-21-2017, 03:21 PM
Burning Brakes

whats up whats the question
No worry...I was hoping to find someone who had the skills to crack open the overhead console (where the lights, sunglass holder is) and wire the cam directly to the sunroof power source (through a converter). Instead, I'll run a cable along the pillars and plug into the fuse box. A bit more wire, but less invasive.

I just know how badly I've messed up car electronics in the past.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:53 PM
Instructor

i would do it that way myself , it just depends on if you want the cam on while the car is off or not

here is a pic of the car slowly coming alon g

Old 03-30-2017, 08:44 AM
Suzuka Master

^ DAMN MAN!!! You're going all out with this!!! Are you gonna be at the season opener in May?
Old 03-30-2017, 12:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 133 Posts
i would do it that way myself , it just depends on if you want the cam on while the car is off or not

Now that is SEXY!!!
Old 04-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Instructor

^ DAMN MAN!!! You're going all out with this!!! Are you gonna be at the season opener in May?

fuck man i hope so but the car feels like it will never go bAck togeather lol
Old 04-11-2017, 08:00 AM
Suzuka Master

fuck man i hope so but the car feels like it will never go bAck togeather lol
what are you doing now? Did you use dye on those seats or replaced the leather? It looks awesome!!! I think you need to address the headliner too unless you're doing it already
Old 04-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Team Owner

Has anyone purchased the 2017 Navi update for their car? Does it show the entire Anthony Henday now?

I'm debating whether to spend the $211 to buy the new disc now, or wait until next year. I'd be really pi$$ed if the henday wasn't all on the new disc, due to the price it goes for.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Has anyone purchased the 2017 Navi update for their car? Does it show the entire Anthony Henday now?

I'm debating whether to spend the $211 to buy the new disc now, or wait until next year. I'd be really pi$$ed if the henday wasn't all on the new disc, due to the price it goes for.
sounds like you need to install a tablet in the vehicle
Old 04-13-2017, 04:13 PM
Team Owner

Fuck that. Never.

Those tablet installs look like a horrendous and unreliable Hack job, at the best of times. Plus I don't like losing the functionality of half the buttons on the dash. I see no benefit to doing that.

While the OEM navigation is archaic at best, at least it is OEM, and that's what I care most about.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Based on what I've read, $211 is optimistic; that accounts for the price of the update and the shipping, but I understand there's also a FedEx fee of about $38 for bringing it across the border.

I've been meaning to, but haven't yet, phone Nav and get them to confirm that the US discs are the same, and that I can just order them. If that works, I'll just need to find someone (probably someone on the 4G forum) to act as a receiver and re-shipper. If I can get someone to do that form me, they could likely stuff 2 updates in an envelope to Edmonton as easily as one.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Fuck that. Never.

Those tablet installs look like a horrendous and unreliable Hack job, at the best of times. Plus I don't like losing the functionality of half the buttons on the dash. I see no benefit to doing that.

While the OEM navigation is archaic at best, at least it is OEM, and that's what I care most about.
Wish you said something sooner. I sold my MDX with the latest Navi update disc but found that the navigation DVD player doesn't work and the person who bought my MDX said she didn't care about navi and was going to use her phone. I would have given you the disc had I known, I just gave it to the lady.

Edit: For clarification I bought the disc because I thought it was the problem, then found out it was the player.

Last edited by RDX10; 04-13-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:41 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

loving the seats!!
Old 04-26-2017, 11:34 AM
Burning Brakes

So what's the general feeling on tires? Time to change over? I need to hit the highway next week, and always prefer doing so on my all-seasons, but if we keep having this weather, that might be a mistake.

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's