View Poll Results: Which Syn Wax do you use?
Zaino
34.09%
Klausse
34.09%
NXT
27.27%
Other
4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Zaino Vs Klausse Pool

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004 | 11:25 PM
Instructor

What's the best store to buy a good Klasse Kit with applicators and all? Going to ask for it for christmas. Also any recommendations for which shampoo to buy to wash the car in this up coming winter?
Old 12-17-2004 | 12:58 AM
Racer

In regards to Zaino longevity, I generally apply 3 coats every 6 months when I do a full detail. I'll maybe put a coat or two on the horizontals halfway between when I do some of the minor touch up detailing. By the end of 6 months, Zaino definitely does not bead as well as before, but it does still bead. This is why I like Zaino so much, as it doesn't take as many reapplications as other products I've used. I've got some S100 laying around my garage, and I'm going to try topping the old Zaino soon, maybe next week. We'll see how it turns out.

Here's a few pics of my car right after a 3 month touch up. I've done some work since then, mainly painting the calipers and rotor hats, I'll try to get those pics up in the next couple of days. Let me know what you guys think. And yes, this is another overcast pictures, but that's just how the weather was that day.

Old 12-17-2004 | 06:56 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by triton
What's the best store to buy a good Klasse Kit with applicators and all? Going to ask for it for christmas. Also any recommendations for which shampoo to buy to wash the car in this up coming winter?

i really like Detailersparadise.com . they are very nice people and customer service is probably the best i think i've seen anywhere. they have many "paradise bundle" packages to choose from with everything in them you'll need to get started. plus free shipping on orders over $100
Old 12-17-2004 | 02:01 PM
Not an Ashtray

Triton- There are tons of good sites to get Klasse at, including autopia-carecare.com (15% discount right now, code on their homepage), premiumautocare.com (10% off with discount code "DetailCity", autogeek.net (10% off with "Detailcity"), properautocare.com, klasse's own site, etc. Klasse is widely sold and distributed.
Old 12-17-2004 | 04:09 PM
Instructor

I use both Klasse AIO & SG. They are both easy to apply and the results are amazing. Have used Klasse on all my cars for over 20 yrs now and will continue to use it. When you use the SG, make sure you use the AIO beforehand. This will prep the surface of your vehicle. I usually do the AIG and about 4 coats of SG about every 8 months or so, and even then, the surface of the car is like glass. The more coats of SG you put on your car after using the AIO, the better you'll be, plus your car will look amazing.
Old 12-17-2004 | 06:07 PM
Everyday Joe

Originally Posted by CLpower
well I wouldn't put claying and striping off the wax as part of the first application. That's normal prep. He answered my question w/ drying times. I've yet to notice 2nd applications drying quicker then the first though.

HOw many of you guys are using Dawn to strip wax? if so, stop it
I'm getting ready to use Zaino for the first time this break (trying it on my truck first ). I was planning on using Dawn to strip everything...what should I use instead?
TIA!
Old 12-17-2004 | 06:08 PM
Not an Ashtray

Any chemical car cleaner would do fine (Pinnacle, Sonus, PS21). You just want a non-abrasive polish that doens't leave behind fillers.
Old 12-17-2004 | 08:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by keg1997
I'm getting ready to use Zaino for the first time this break (trying it on my truck first ). I was planning on using Dawn to strip everything...what should I use instead?
TIA!

dawn contains high akaline contents that over a period of time dull your rubber seals and trim. stay away from it if possible.

just use your regular car shampoo and clay as you wash the car. the clay will strip anything left on the surface of the vehicle.
Old 12-17-2004 | 11:13 PM
pby
Instructor

Originally Posted by TSXtc
dawn contains high akaline contents that over a period of time dull your rubber seals and trim. stay away from it if possible.

just use your regular car shampoo and clay as you wash the car. the clay will strip anything left on the surface of the vehicle.

So if I already have several coats of Zaino, for example, on my car and want to apply another few coats on top of that, then I should only wash and apply Zaino? No caly barring on the existing layer, right?
Old 12-18-2004 | 04:55 AM
Everyday Joe

Thanks for the feedback fellas..
Old 12-18-2004 | 10:51 AM
cmf
ATCer

Originally Posted by pby
So if I already have several coats of Zaino, for example, on my car and want to apply another few coats on top of that, then I should only wash and apply Zaino? No caly barring on the existing layer, right?
That is correct, no need to clay. When they talk about the Klasse AIO (All in one cleaner), that actually cleans off the paint, takes off old coats, and sets up your car for basically a new prep. You DON'T have to do that everytime you wash. Maybe every two or three months. Just depends on how much work you want to put into your car. Basically when you use the AIO, you are starting all over again.
Depending on where you live and the environment around you, you may want to clay once or twice a year. I clay every 6 months.
Old 12-18-2004 | 04:49 PM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

Originally Posted by keg1997
TIA!
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17257

I would also read about the alcohol/water mix to strip the wax. Its cheap and effective.
Old 12-18-2004 | 06:51 PM
Not an Ashtray

Originally Posted by cmf
That is correct, no need to clay. When they talk about the Klasse AIO (All in one cleaner), that actually cleans off the paint, takes off old coats, and sets up your car for basically a new prep. You DON'T have to do that everytime you wash. Maybe every two or three months. Just depends on how much work you want to put into your car. Basically when you use the AIO, you are starting all over again.
Depending on where you live and the environment around you, you may want to clay once or twice a year. I clay every 6 months.
Usually, I do the full clay-AIO-SG cycle once or twice a year. I give it a fresh coat of SG nearly every month (because it is easy to use) and wash and detail it frequently.
Old 12-19-2004 | 02:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by darth62
Usually, I do the full clay-AIO-SG cycle once or twice a year. I give it a fresh coat of SG nearly every month (because it is easy to use) and wash and detail it frequently.

full clay, aio, x2 sg... twice a year

clearkote quickshine every time after wash
Old 12-19-2004 | 03:11 PM
Not an Ashtray

Doesn't quickshine interfere with SG? Are there any natural oils in it (caruba, I mean)?
Old 12-19-2004 | 09:00 PM
Racer

It doesn't contain carnauba. I don't use quickshine to help apply AIO or SG, I just use plain water.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...2&pagenumber=3

"As far as what QS is made of. I will tell you it is a water based polish.
It contains NO Silicones, TeTeflon's, Polymers, Alcohol, ammonia or abrasives.
That is why unlike other QD'S you can use it on everything inside the car, except cloth and carpet. And use it on everything outside the car except the tires. Due to the anti-static prosperities of the product it actually repels dust. That it why it is such a great furniture polish."

EDIT: link is for a 6 page thread on quickshine
Old 12-19-2004 | 11:06 PM
Not an Ashtray

Great! Thanks for the information. I've heard quickshine is a great product, so this is helpful to know.
Old 12-20-2004 | 12:00 AM
Master in Science

Klausse was looked bland on the white 4Runner. Zaino looked great on the GTI, A6, and TSX. I put two layers of the Zaino stuff and never had to worry about bird poop anymore. I did add a layer of NXT 2 wks ago and the car looked slightly better (deeper). The water ran off faster, too, when washing the car today.

Only problem with Zaino is that it's very difficult to remove after a while. The Turtle stuff has the same short term effect, it's easier to remove, but leaves a thick residue on the edges, and doesn't last as long.