Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ct_Code=ZKIT-1

Is this Zaino kit worth of buying??

It cost 84.70

Please help me out, thank you
Old 10-11-2004, 02:47 AM
Boy Genius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you price everything out separately, then it comes to $92.20, so yes, it is better to buy the kit from a price standpoint.

If you are asking whether Zaino is worth it, then you will hear differing opinions - this is my own opinion only. It can take a little while to prep the car properly, and application takes some time for the first coat to cure and also to apply subsequent coats, but your paint will have a nice shine and will feel very smooth. Zaino is very durable and will last several months, which is a major advantage over a natural wax. The Z5 swirl remover works all right but if you have severe swirls, it will not hide them all, and it is not a true swirl remover in that it only fills in the swirls to hide them. In general, if you 1) have light to moderate scratches/swirls, 2) don't mind hiding them versus removing them completely (and you may not be able to hide them completely), 3) are uncomfortable with the thought of using a machine to polish your car, and 4) can spare the time to detail your car, then Zaino is a good bet.

However, there are also good alternatives to Zaino. A good car wash is Meguair's Gold Class Car Wash ($6.99 at Autozone). The Zaino clay bar is the same as the one in the Mothers Clay Bar Kit, which includes a bottle of instant detailer and cleaner wax ($19.99 per their web site). And while I have not used it personally, I have heard good things about Meguair's NXT Tech Wax ($14.99 at Autozone), which is also a synthetic polymer sealant that also sounds to be quite durable. Swirl removal is more complicated - there are many polishes to help you remove them, but this has been discussed before in other threads on A-TSX/TL/CL and so I suggest you run a search first. If you have more questions about polishing, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

This thread contains some additional discussion about Zaino and the kit: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...n+show+car+kit

Hope this helps!
Old 10-11-2004, 03:26 AM
Advanced

Lokman, Thank you so much for the detail response!
It helps me so much. I think Zaino is not for me right now. I am a lazy guy, hehe

BTW, Should I clay my TSX since it's only 2 weeks old??
Or should I just wash it with Meguair's gold class car wash, wax it with Meguair's NXT tech wax, and spray with Zymol Field Glaze detailing spray (Can you recommend me some other brand since Zymol is hard to find)?? Is this enough?

Also, do you recommend any good, reliable online retail which I can get better price on these car care products?

Thank you again in advance.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:11 AM
Boy Genius

Hey monsterjeff, congrats on your new TSX! Since it's only 2 weeks old, you don't have to worry about swirls yet, but if you haven't already I recommend you read up on the "How to wash your car like a pro" sticky thread in Wash & Wax to keep your car swirl-free.

I would clay the car since it does pick up contamination during the transport process, especially if you plan on using NXT. For clay, there's the Mothers (which includes the detailing spray), or Clay Magic is another good brand that's also quite affordable. A Gold Class wash plus NXT sounds fine for a new car - maybe put two coats of NXT on. (Some people also apply a layer of carnauba-based wax on top of the NXT for some extra "pop," though this is entirely optional.) I've used the Meg's and Mothers detailing sprays and they're easy to find and nice to use for a quick wipe down of the car. The Meg's smells fruity (?), while the Mothers smells like cinammon; I personally prefer the Meg's. Add a few microfiber towels and a good sponge/mitt and you should be set.

Unfortunately, I'm from Canada so can't really comment on a good online US retailer, maybe someone else can chime in here? I'd try the local Autozone or Pep Boys first; I don't think you'll see a big price differential on the above products. For microfiber towels, I've heard good things about www.pakshak.com.

Good luck and take some pics once you're done!
Old 10-11-2004, 04:22 AM
Boy Genius

monsterjeff, you might also want to look at this thread if you haven't already:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15571

Something else I just thought of, since you don't have swirls, you could use Zaino Z2 + ZFX and the Z6 spray - this is still more expensive than NXT, but you're still paying less than the whole kit. IMO, Z7 is nice to have but is easily replaced by other car washes.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pakshak is great for microfiber.

Make sure to add the discount code "Autopia."

Klasse lasts about as long as Zanio and is a lot easer to use.

Go to autopia.org and search for the BillNorth method on application.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:09 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
www.exceldetail.com is who I buy MF from, can't beat his quality for the price
Old 10-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Intermediate

I'd have to say YES

I'd have to say yes to everything in the kit except for the clay bar. I couldn't tell any difference after claying my new TSX, but there is a HUGE difference after putting the polish on the car and the leather cleaner and conditioner is great!
Old 10-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought the Ultimate kit, and yes, its worth it.

Just make sure you cut the Z6 50/50 with distilled water. Otherwise you can go through it real fast. And its very concentrated so its still very effective.

I went through the soap and Z-6 in about 3 months. I used sparingly.