Which Zaino products to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2001, 09:09 PM
on bin laden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Zaino products to buy?

Not sure if I missed this in my search, but which Zaino products do you guys think I should buy? My car surface feel very rough right now, even after I used some teflon wax and meguirs polish.
Old 07-04-2001, 10:37 PM
Pro

well I would recommend most of it .
definetly the clay bar, the car wash , Z-1,Z-2,Z-5 ( iuf you have swirls in your paint ) , and I would buy the leather stuff .
Old 07-05-2001, 11:00 AM
Burning Brakes

While claying the car is very labor intensive, you must do it to experience the smoothness of the paint without any contaminants. Don't forget to wash area you will clay with Dawn dishwashing soap to remove all wax already on. Then the clay does its thing.

I'd get:

Z-1 - Show Car Polish Lok. (Pre-cleaner and gloss conditioner). Definetly necessary as it is prerequisite for the actual polish, Z-2.

Z-2 - Show Car Polish (For clear coated finishes). This is THE stuff. I'd buy two and maybe forget about the Z-6. (Z-6, ULTRA CLEAN, gloss enhancer is for removing dust and dirt BETWEEN washes. I dont know about you but I wouldn't put a towel to my car UNLESS its been washed first. I bought teh Z-6, used it once and got paranoid and haven't used it since. Otoh, if you live in Minnesota than it might be for you).

Z-5, Swirl Remover. I have a white car and consequently I've not needed the Z-5. If I had a dark car I would own this.

Z-6, ....see above, Z-2.

Zaino's carwash. Nup. I don't think its essential. I'd think that most real carwash soaps are already formulated low in alkalinity so as not to remove wax when washing. Turtlewax carwash works for me.

Thats it. Once your done claying, applying Z-1, and Z-2 is so easy and fast that I cannot even think of using another wax/polish again. It's too easy.

Here's the Zaino link: http://www.zainobros.com/files/info.htm

Good Luck
Old 07-05-2001, 08:14 PM
Banned

Well said Al Ulminum. I use the same process and proucts as do you. I use McGuire's CarWash, and opted not to get the Zaino CarWash, just 'cause I'm a cheap SOB and already spent close to $80 bucks on teh other Zaino products. :-) I may order it here in a bit, just to give it a try and see which I prefer.
But as to our original question.....good luck with the Zaino.....alot of common people out there that don' tknow a whole lot about cars are clueless to the types of different products....they're truely missing out on one of the most essential tools of a good looking car....ZAINO BABY!!!!
Old 07-06-2001, 12:19 AM
Adult Supervision

Or you could skip the Zaino and go the Klasse Cleaner and Sealent and then a good Carnuba. I think it looks great.
Old 07-06-2001, 06:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by fbazakos:
<STRONG>Not sure if I missed this in my search, but which Zaino products do you guys think I should buy? My car surface feel very rough right now, even after I used some teflon wax and meguirs polish.</STRONG>

Add the carwash. I take care of my car (Zaino'd) and I prefer the Zaino car wash. It has a bit of the actual "Zaino" protectant in it and is recommended. I get better results and I have a ton of other products.

I also recommend the "TS Clear Coat" if you have a car that you don't want to monkey with. I use it on my wife's car and it is just now ready for a new coat after 6-months. (The car sits out in the sun a lot and is 6-years old!)

RE: “ My car surface feel very rough right now…”
If you do go to Zaino, wax without cleaner/polish, or sealer, make sure that the surface is "perfect". Be prepared for some claying and even some polishing (if the clay doesn't kill the any nasty scratches, etc).

[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: EricL ]