zaino & paint protection??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 09:43 PM
Slam!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zaino & paint protection??

is it ok to use zaino with the paint protection stuff?? if i have to remove the paint protection stuff, how well does zaino protect the paint from rust or whatever bad stuff that happens to paint. and does zaino remove all the little lines i see in the (black) paint when it is really bright out. i see there are like 5-10 products i need for zaino...how much work is it to put all that stuff on, do i have to re-apply the stuff every time i wash my car?

also i have one long but very narrow scratch along my car. what can i do to remove it? will zaino help there?

BTW, i know nothing about paint protection if u havent gathered that already...thanks for the info
Old 05-14-2002, 01:59 PM
Racer

Wow - thats a lot on info you are looking for.

One - have you done a search on the subject here?There is a ton of info already typed out - but I'll try to cover some of it for you.

Paint protection from the dealer - - if you already have it, oh well - thats money already spent. if you dont have it - you may want to consider not getting it - if you are going to look after your car's finish. If you are not going to - then get the dealer stuff. Note - it does NOT prevent rust - it is a sealant meant to make the car look pretty. Also, if they didnt tell you, there is very likely a "re-application" process every 6 or 12 months that you have to pay for .

Since you asked about zaino - yes, it can be a lot of work the first time you start out with it. After that, it is a very simple program of washing, drying, a little gloss spray and you are done. Put on some more layers if you want - you have months before the last ones will start to wear down. Note - any good program will take a lot of time (or should) the first time, since you are prepping the surface to look its best and help the products do their job. this could involve claying, touching up bad spots, etc .

I have a "new-users" guide that may give you some insight into what can be done - but its all up to you as to what steps you decide to take.

Swirls, spider -webbing, if you have them - yes Zaino Z5 polish will help reduce their visibility. it will NOT remove them. Only abrasives can remove swirls - everything else fills or disguises them. Scratches it will not handle - thats a different ball game.

i guess thats a start - do you have more questions ? I imagine you do.
Old 05-14-2002, 04:26 PM
Slam!

thanks for all the info homer

i have skimmed thru 6 page's instructions...it says that using the "clay bar" is optional, would you recommend using it? also, how much better is zaino than the paint protection stuff from acura? (do you recommend zaino?)
Old 05-16-2002, 10:43 AM
Racer

one - would i suggest using the claybar - YES. whether you get a zaino one or something else . . . . it is a noticeable difference even on brand new delivered cars -

two -would i get dealer protection or zaino ...
i'd get zaino . . . . .but i have a bias here . . .

let someone who isnt selling it tell you why 'they" would get zaino
pride of doing it yourself - better protection - no annual fee or such
lots of other little reasons . . .