Why isn't it 65 out in Mass.?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005 | 02:54 PM
10th Gear

Question Why isn't it 65 out in Mass.?

Well I just picked up my TSX yesterday, and it's totally sweet. My Zaino kit and RockBlocker kit showed up the same day, so I'm ready to devote the holiday weekend to getting the clear bra and the first couple layers of Z-2 on the car. Problem is, spring is just arriving here in Massachusetts, and the thermometer is just flirting with 60 degrees in the sun. It probably won't get much warmer this weekend. The folks at RockBlocker recommend an install temp of 65-75 for the clear bra, and this being my first go at this thing, I don't want to try it when it's too cold, as the film will be even harder to work with. Now, I was hoping to get the clear bra on before starting the Zaino treatment, because I figure that anything I put on now, I'm just going to have to wash off in a week or two when it's warm enough to install the clear bra. So I was thinking about just doing a once over with the Z-6 glosser to help repel the dust in the interim. I'm not sure if the dealer put anything on the car while they were preping it for delivery, but the dust collecting on the car just after one day is pretty noticeable (yea it's black, whatever, I know dust will always stand out on it, but it was the best looking car on the lot, my friend with carbon grey is going to cry ). So, is holding off on the full Zaino treatment for a week or two alright, or should I just suck it up, put on a couple layers, and just wash it off where I need to when it's warm enough for the clear bra install? What do you guys think? And would it be alright to put the Z-6 on top of the clear coat, or is that really just made to go over the Zaino polish?
Thanks