where do i find pc pads?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010 | 08:19 PM
registered pw

where do i find pc pads?

I finally broke the pc 7424xp out of the box from christmas. It came with one white foam pad.

After searching online it looks like i need to spend a fortune on repalcement pads.

I am going to assume that each car will need its own set of pads.

I am used to a cheap $40 wal-mart buffer that i could use the terry cloth and wool bonnetts and those lasted quite a while.

Where is a good place to buy the different pads for my cars. 2 cars have a decent amount of clearcoat scratches so i'll need to get tehm out and then polish.

so after seeing prices on the net for these pads i'm freaking out esp if they are one time use only

please educate me.
Old 04-17-2010 | 09:08 PM
Former Sponsor

you can pick up a 5 inch backing plate and 5.5 inch uber foam pads from us.

you can take 10% off using the forum discount code.

Uber foam pads for the PC

5 Inch Backing Plate
Old 04-17-2010 | 09:08 PM
Former Sponsor

they are not one time use you can wash them and use them again.
Old 04-17-2010 | 11:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Bold......

Originally Posted by dallison
I finally broke the pc 7424xp out of the box from christmas. It came with one white foam pad.
That white foam pad, although usable, isnt the best place to start. A flexible backing plate is best in conjunction with the appropriate pad.

After searching online it looks like i need to spend a fortune on repalcement pads. For the price of a few cups of gourmet coffee could get you a pad, and you still have the pad at the end of the day! The pads will last quite some time when not abused, and when taken care of.

I am going to assume that each car will need its own set of pads. No, any pad can be used on any car. I do recommend a few of the most used pads for each job though. You may need a few of the workhorse pads, usually Orange, maybe a couple White, and a Red. Your Orange would do the majority of cleaning and polishing, hence the need for a couple/few per job.

I am used to a cheap $40 wal-mart buffer that i could use the terry cloth and wool bonnetts and those lasted quite a while. Not with the PC. Those arent for polishing paint!

Where is a good place to buy the different pads for my cars. 2 cars have a decent amount of clearcoat scratches so i'll need to get tehm out and then polish.

so after seeing prices on the net for these pads i'm freaking out esp if they are one time use only

please educate me.

In all honesty, its best if you talk with someone (hint hint) on the the phone before making a purchase. That way the seller has the opportunity to understand your needs, and you also gain an understanding of whats required. I coach people every week, how to get started with a PC, pads and polishes......