Where to Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to Buy?

Just wanted to get all you guys comprehensive experiences. I have been reading this thread for days; haven't done a whole lot but just trying to get a game plan together. For now just want to wash my new 06 Black TL. I am thinking of using the Meguiars Gold class car wash with the sheep skin mitt

Use California Water blade to dry it and then microfiber towels

Then maybe use the Meguiars quick detailer spray for now.

My questions is where do you buy your stuff from.

Ex. do you guys prefer a online site or go to a store. I don't if I could trust Walmarts sheep skin mitts or should I buy them online (if so where)

I am also thinkink of buying the California Duster and water blade package from Amazon for $33

I really would like to do the zaino process but maybe a bit later down the road
Old 11-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by amarpawar

Use California Water blade to dry it and then microfiber towels
Before you buy the waterblade, try this. When giving the TL a final rinse after washing, take the nozzle off the hose, run the water at low pressure, hold the end of the hose close to the car surface, and rinse by sheeting the water off. You'll be surprised at how little water is left on the surface which can be easily wiped off with microfiber towels.

I have the waterblade, used it, and liked it, but when I tried the method above it made drying easier and faster.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
amarpawar, first off ..... I would recommend reading this thread entitled Acurazine Car Care FAQ. You might also want to visit Autopia and check out their Reference Library about care care.

Where to buy - Megs is pretty much OTC and available at Kragens, Pep Boys and Auto Zone, Target, etc. However, they don't carry the entire product line as most online sites. Autogeek and Superior Car Care carry most of the product line as well as Meguiars Online. In addtion, most of the sites mentioned in the posts carry an extensive line of detailing tools from wash mitts to brushes to towels. I think the die hards who upkeep and maintain their own vehicles prefer ordering products online. I know I do. The majority of the online sites are very reputable and they provide a very high quality service. I hope this answers your questions ......
Old 11-02-2005, 02:29 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
All my MF towels, mitts, and pads come from www.exceldetail.com

He has great products as well!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja
Before you buy the waterblade, try this. When giving the TL a final rinse after washing, take the nozzle off the hose, run the water at low pressure, hold the end of the hose close to the car surface, and rinse by sheeting the water off. You'll be surprised at how little water is left on the surface which can be easily wiped off with microfiber towels.

I have the waterblade, used it, and liked it, but when I tried the method above it made drying easier and faster.
that's great advise bud but I live in a apt complex, no in-house car wash so I am going to have to go to one of those car wash places where you wash your own car. Sadly the rinser their even when the trigger is not pulled is pretty strong, can't take the tip off and rinse the car by sheeting. I would have defintely tried it otherwise, so I guess it'll be California water blade for now

Also I wanted to ask you guys what you use for bug removal. I find that after a drive here on the freeway (vs. LA where I used to live before) the fron bumper and the windshield gets totally get covered with bugs it's nasty and sad so what would be a safe product. How about Megs wipes or the spray. I just like the wipes for their use and throw concept. I wish they made the quik detailer in wipes too. But then again we would have to make sure that the actual fiber they r using for the wipes is super soft
Old 11-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
The key with bug removal is soak time. You need some moisture and time to resoften what been heated, and caked on. Resoften with soapy water and let sit for about 15 minutes or so, or just use straight water from a spritzer bottle. But you have to allow time for soaking. Being an apt/condo dweller, consider Quick Easy Wash.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might also consider PPF for your front end. Lots of threads regarding that topic. Contact Rockblocker and he's in Phoenix. Ask for Chad and that I mentioned him. BTW, he is a licensed vendor and a forum member.