What kind of wax u have ever used best for the car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2001, 06:41 AM
Powered By HONDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

------------------
2001 Acura Red CL Type S.
1997 Honda Civic EX.
!!!! VTEC Power !!!!
Powered by HONDA
Powered by MUGEN

typescl@yahoo.com
Old 02-10-2001, 09:48 AM
Burning Brakes

http://www.zainobros.com/

The first application is a bit labor intensive but further applications could not be easier. If you haven't already, then start with the claybar.

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
•White\Black
•Comptech Springs
•Comptech Sways
•Navigation System
•Burlwood Shifter
•Guards+Fenderwell Trim
•Smokers Package
My Car
Old 02-10-2001, 11:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i just got my zaino order...sent it out last monday, got it by thursday.

now if i only had time to do it.
it better be as good as everyone says, or heads'll be knockin.

[This message has been edited by mrdeeno (edited 02-10-2001).]
Old 02-12-2001, 11:24 AM
Instructor

Been using Zaino for 2 years. Have a Z06 on order and it'll see nothing but Zaino also. My $48,000 worth!

------------------
when you're ready to succeed!
Old 02-14-2001, 09:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love the Zaino -- I am only on coat # 2 (2nd Z2), but the results are the best I've ever seen on any of my own cars.

It was a lot of work, but it is great stuff!

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl-S w/ NAVI
  • Mud Guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W* T1S Proxies on Stock 17" CLS wheels
  • Gtech 1/8th tank 40F ~=6.1
  • Zaino magic
Old 02-16-2001, 10:31 PM
Cruisin'

So far, zaino. Looks good, feels good, and requires a moderate amount of work.

All the mid to high end carnuba waxes look a bit better than zaino if you layer A LOT of wax, but carnuba waxes last only a few months--much less in the summer. Putting in a ton of extra work for maybe that extra 10% shininess that lasts half to one third as long as zaino isn't my idea of a good trade off.

Used to use klasse (the all-in-one + gloss sealant), which is extremely easy to use, lasts long, and is really shinny--but it doesn't have nearly as slick of a feel on it, and it's murder trying to get the stuff off black textured plastic trim. The extreme shininess almost seems fake as well since there isn't that depth that zaino and carnuba waxes have. It looks like it's ON the paint rather than enhancing it. It is however, easy to patch up spots that you use degreaser on since the best you can put on is 2 layers.

------------------
I am a cute fuzzy squirrel.
Old 02-22-2001, 12:47 AM
Ricky Bobby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Having a car detail biz of my own, I come in contact with all kinds of polish, waxes, compounds, etc....
The best that I have ever used once you have clayed your car is PINNACLE. Their normal paste glaze retails for 38.95 and it is made for white cars. Their other is "SOUVERAN" and it is made for dark color cars. No other wax has ever made a dark color car look so good not even Ziano!!!!
This polish on red and other dark colors is wonderful and it last longer than any other thing I have ever used. "SOUVERAN" retails for 79.00 for a 8 oz.

Retail My shop

Paste Galze 8oz $38.95 $28.00
SOUVERAN 8oz $79.00 $45.00

If any one has questions post a reply or send me a email, or if they would like to order any supplies.

I also sell all car cleaning supplies at major savings. Just a couple doallars over wholesale!!

------------------
2001 Type S NO Nav
White/Parchment/spoiler
20%metalized tint all around, 50% metalized tint on winshield, built in K40 front/rear radar, 12" Excursion Sub/amp, Comptech filter/headers

2000 Corvette
2000 Silverado
1999 Mercedes Benz SL500
1997 Mercedes Benz S500
1997 Porsche 911 turbo
1996 Accord EX V6
Old 02-23-2001, 01:39 PM
Banned

Zymol!

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
www.BMWExperience.com

'02 TL-S Soon!
Old 02-23-2001, 01:57 PM
Advanced

Zymol is one of the worst products I ever used. It's a pain to wipe off, and it's carnuba formula doesnt last more than 3-4 car washes....no surprise. Plus, If you look on the container it's made by turtle wax. Maybe on a garaged show car that never gets dirty it might work ok....but I want durability.
Old 02-23-2001, 03:03 PM
Banned

I have always had great luck with Zymol. I Zymol my baby every month and keeps it look like showroom new!

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
www.BMWExperience.com

'02 TL-S Soon!
Old 02-23-2001, 03:30 PM
Advanced

Is your car garaged? Do you drive it in the rain? Is it a daily commuter? I already know........
Old 02-26-2001, 01:45 PM
Old Member

I am using Zymol for the longest time. There are two major types of Zymol.

The professional one is the one that you want. Not the rebranded turtle wax. I have used and am using Zymol Platinum, Zymol Japon, Zymol Black Wax, Zymol Carbon and my car is always of show car quality. The first time I put Zymol Platinum on my CL-S, I could take a picture of the car and see myself reflected on the paint in the picture.

Old 02-26-2001, 05:44 PM
Advanced

how much does that stuff cost? It's still a carnuba blend that has no durability...if reapply weekly or have a gararged car that doesnt get driven much and happen to like an "oily" shine, and don't care about dust pickup from the oils than zymol is the product for you.
Old 03-02-2001, 07:15 PM
Old Member

I have been using the real Zymol for years and my cars are all parked outsides. The wax is quite durable. I can wax it once every three months and it will still be in good shape. For best protection, of course, waxing once a month is what it needs. The wax is expensive but it gives a show car gross.
Old 03-04-2001, 01:56 PM
Advanced

expensive for one month durability? I'll pass...........
Old 03-05-2001, 12:26 PM
Old Member

Bill:

It can last for 4 or 5 months. but I would recommend to rewax once a month for maximum protection. It is true no matter what kind of car wax it is. There is nothing as permanent protection as weather, stones, rains and all environmental effect would remove wax on the car. It is safer to wax once a month but the wax does stay way longer than that.
Old 03-05-2001, 03:19 PM
Advanced

No carnuba product can last 4-5 months and that is a fact. If you are happy with zymol stick with it..use what works best for you. I just don't see how a 100 dollar polish is worth recommending to others on here....especially since it doesn't even come from a chemical company...do you smell marketing?? Synthetics are far superior in my experience and under the microscope, don't take my word for it....here is Sal Zaino stating the FACTS on carnubas---->"...The truth of the matter is Carnauba is a, dark yellow, brittle wax. It has no durability. It also has no high shine. In reality it's actually a dull wax. It is not optically perfect and leaves a film (haze) on the paint finish. What you are seeing with Carnauba is a combination of carnauba wax, polyethylene wax, paraffin wax and the key gloss ingredient SILICONE
OIL.

Silicone oil is inexpensive, greasy, smeary, not durable, but shines like crazy. Just try Pledge furniture polish on your car. Voila same shine. Hmm. Pledge is loaded with silicone oil, so is Armor All tire
dressing. Did you ever notice how greasy, smeary and dusty, furniture looks with Pledge on it. How soon does your car get dusty after you polish/wax with your favorite product????? When does the gloss start to drop???
I already know..Now here's the best part. Silicone oil and other oils are an essential
ingredient of Carnauba based products. It's the only way to achieve a shine. That's why it's used in all Carnauba based polish/wax. However, it has no durability, does not last and it attracts dust and dirt like a magnet and once dust settles on it, it sticks to it. Dust on paint causes tiny Swirls and Scratches. Also Carnauba is very brittle. It will not stay on the paint surface for any length of time. Most of the time less than 3 weeks....... The sun also effects Carnauba based products. The sunnier and hotter it gets, the faster it deteriorates. Remember wax melts and oils tend to migrate to the surface and evaporate... Sad but
true.
Fact: On a sunny 80 degree day, the surface temperature of black paint will reach 149 degrees and go up to 198 degrees if the ambient temp reaches 90. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what happens to the wax....."