what do you use ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 04:50 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what do you use ?

well my car is now officially a week old and i cant believe ive already put 600 miles on her damn! but i need a wash i havent ordered that zaino shit yet so i will be doing a hand wash down the block somewhere but i do like to wash my own car so i was wondering what everyone else uses . is zaino really that good ? and what leather treatment do u use do i need to buy zaino leather shit too ? ? ? also since its my first wash and i havent put zaino on her should i wax her or wait till ive used zaino or whatever the hell else is recommended ?

feedback is appreciated thank you.
Old 12-11-2001, 07:41 PM
Banned

Meguiar's blue stuff for the car...carnuba wax wash for the wheels....Mother's chrome polish....Race Glaze Polish......Meguiar's wax....PNS vinyl/rubber cleaner/shine....Lexol cleaner and conditioner.....non-ammonia window fluid
Old 12-12-2001, 08:52 AM
Racer

Re: what do you use ?

Originally posted by Generationz
well my car is now officially a week old and i cant believe ive already put 600 miles on her damn! but i need a wash i havent ordered that zaino shit yet so i will be doing a hand wash down the block somewhere but i do like to wash my own car so i was wondering what everyone else uses . is zaino really that good ? and what leather treatment do u use do i need to buy zaino leather shit too ? ? ? also since its my first wash and i havent put zaino on her should i wax her or wait till ive used zaino or whatever the hell else is recommended ?

feedback is appreciated thank you.
1-"what do I use"? - Zaino
2- "is Zaino really that good"? - YES
3_ "do I need to buy Zaino leather"? - No -
4- "should I wax her"? - if you want - go ahead -

Now the long version. What I use is not important - so i'll skip that. What you use is based on a few things - like are you out for blazing shine - and repeat applications or excellent shine, not a lot of applications, but just like to wash and dry, with the occassional wax-detail day. I see you have a silver car - so you wont norice that "Zaino glow" like darker colors do - but you will get incredible protection and durability from a few applications.

That part is up to you . . . . I am prejudiced , so take my words with a grain of salt. I have used alot of stuff over the years - but what you use is up to your feelings. If you want - check out www.zainobros.com . or almost any other car forum on the net - and get lots of input.

There are other very good car wax product lines out there as well - you could do what moonmaster does - mix and match when you find a specific item you like - stick with it. I cant tell you that zaino is the best in all the categories they produce - they are right up there - but its foolish to claim best in all classes.

One thing to keep in mind - if you wax - you should not mix wax and polymer products - it is not the best way to go.... polymers wouls seal over the wax, and when the carnauba oils start leaking through (causing that yellow effect) they will be locked under the top coat.

If you wax it now - and do your research - then change your minfd - the wax can be washed off very easily with Liquid dawn D/W detergent.

Remember that whatever you do, make sure the prep work is done - like claybar, touch-ups etc . . . get it set to be sealed. You likely dont have touch-up needs though - so it is a bit easier.

good luck
Old 12-14-2001, 11:30 PM
Pro

Re: Re: what do you use ?

Originally posted by Homer2

1-"what do I use"? - Zaino
2- "is Zaino really that good"? - YES
3_ "do I need to buy Zaino leather"? - No -
4- "should I wax her"? - if you want - go ahead -

Now the long version. What I use is not important - so i'll skip that. What you use is based on a few things - like are you out for blazing shine - and repeat applications or excellent shine, not a lot of applications, but just like to wash and dry, with the occassional wax-detail day. I see you have a silver car - so you wont norice that "Zaino glow" like darker colors do - but you will get incredible protection and durability from a few applications.

That part is up to you . . . . I am prejudiced , so take my words with a grain of salt. I have used alot of stuff over the years - but what you use is up to your feelings. If you want - check out www.zainobros.com . or almost any other car forum on the net - and get lots of input.

There are other very good car wax product lines out there as well - you could do what moonmaster does - mix and match when you find a specific item you like - stick with it. I cant tell you that zaino is the best in all the categories they produce - they are right up there - but its foolish to claim best in all classes.

One thing to keep in mind - if you wax - you should not mix wax and polymer products - it is not the best way to go.... polymers wouls seal over the wax, and when the carnauba oils start leaking through (causing that yellow effect) they will be locked under the top coat.

If you wax it now - and do your research - then change your minfd - the wax can be washed off very easily with Liquid dawn D/W detergent.

Remember that whatever you do, make sure the prep work is done - like claybar, touch-ups etc . . . get it set to be sealed. You likely dont have touch-up needs though - so it is a bit easier.

good luck
thank you very much you are very helpful . now where the hell do i find a clay bar?
Old 12-16-2001, 11:35 AM
Racer

im in Canada - so ill make some educated guesses where you get them

any good auto cleaning section of a car parts store like Pep boys etc should most certainly carry them.

they can be bought online as well ...

there are different brand names - bt all pretty much are the same process . . . keep the surface lubricated - apply just enough pressure to keep it from falling out of your hands . . . you wil feel when you "hit" something on the paint - there will re resistance, rub a little more and you will feel it give - then move along.
Old 12-18-2001, 03:02 PM
Banned

If you go with the Zaino products you can buy a Clay Bar from them. That's what I did, and it works beautifully. I'm very meticulous when it comes to detailing and taking care of my car, so don't listen to me when I say, including the Clay Bar, it should take you a good four-five hours to apply everything. That includes drying time (with the cold weather, etc.). I love taking entire days to treat my baby right!! Good luck with whatever you use, but be good and make sure all your applicators are clean!!!!!
Old 12-23-2001, 10:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
shampoo with pinnacle and wax/protect with klasse, and PLEASE use microfiber towels!
Old 12-24-2001, 01:13 PM
fukkin newbie

You can get good results with just about any product, but polymer sealants like Zaino (or Klasse or Blackfire or Meguir's #20) will look good longer. I'd go ahead and use a good cleaner/wax until you get the Zaino. Its cheap, easy and looks good but will wear off rather quickly. When you are ready for Zaino if you clay or DAWN wash the wax will be removed.

Most important is:
1) To avoid scratching: wash by hand with a good quality wash mitt (DO NOT use the brush at the do-it-yourself place, and do not use a sponge). Use white 100% cotton towels or microfibre or a good drying towel.
2) when applying traditional wax or cleaner/polish use BACK AND FORTH motions, not circular ones... and use a quality applicator! You will create miniscule scratches in the clearcoat either way, but they are less noticible if the scratches are not swirls.
3) Keep all your towels/applicators clean.