What do you clean interior with?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 12:56 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you clean interior with?

Besides the leather what do you use to clean the interior. Lately I have just been using water on a lint free towel, but I noticed that some oil seems to remain. I need some other cleaning chemical suggestions?

Thanks
Old 06-24-2002, 08:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
To protect I use....

Works great.
Old 06-26-2002, 08:02 AM
Rickrack79@hotmail.com

What to clean your interior with :

I would recommend using a wet towel along with some diluted white wall cleaner or general purpose cleaner. Buy a bottle of WW cleaner and dilute it 3 parts cleaner to 1 part water. Spray some on the wet rag and go over your entire interior with it. It should cut any grease or ground in dirt. If you have a light color interior make sure that you spray it into the rag and not directly on the vinyl or leather because it will stain it. Also if there are any scuff marks that won't come out using the towel than use a little piece of steel wool along with the white wall cleaner and it should do the trick. I would not recommend using any protectant on it because there is no need to on newer cars plus it causes too much glare and all the dust sticks to it. If you have access to an air compressor use it when cleaning all your vents and crevices that you cannot get in with your hands. Just spray a little cleaner into the vents and blow it off with a blow gun. Works great. If you don't have a compressor than Q-tips work alright too. I own a detail shop and this is the best and easiest way I found to clean interiors. It also wouldn't hurt to condition your leather AFTER your done cleaning. Hope this helps you out. Good luck!
Old 06-26-2002, 11:55 AM
A-CL & LS1.COM Member

Re: What to clean your interior with :

Originally posted by RickRack
I would recommend using a wet towel along with some diluted white wall cleaner or general purpose cleaner. Buy a bottle of WW cleaner and dilute it 3 parts cleaner to 1 part water. Spray some on the wet rag and go over your entire interior with it. It should cut any grease or ground in dirt. If you have a light color interior make sure that you spray it into the rag and not directly on the vinyl or leather because it will stain it. Also if there are any scuff marks that won't come out using the towel than use a little piece of steel wool along with the white wall cleaner and it should do the trick. I would not recommend using any protectant on it because there is no need to on newer cars plus it causes too much glare and all the dust sticks to it. If you have access to an air compressor use it when cleaning all your vents and crevices that you cannot get in with your hands. Just spray a little cleaner into the vents and blow it off with a blow gun. Works great. If you don't have a compressor than Q-tips work alright too. I own a detail shop and this is the best and easiest way I found to clean interiors. It also wouldn't hurt to condition your leather AFTER your done cleaning. Hope this helps you out. Good luck!
Excellent tips
Old 07-08-2002, 01:29 AM
Cruisin'

From the professional

Try to pick up a bottle of car cleanser in an aerosol can because this seems to work better. It may take a little looking around but it is the best as far as most brands are concerned. Use a small plastic scrub brush like you would use on shoes. And rub across the grain of the carpets from side to side on the floor mats and carpet thus right to left or left to right not up and down. If you cant come across anything most dealers are more than willing to scrub the mats lightly for you if you are willing to give the tech a little tip sometimes especially if you are a good customer.
Anymore questions direct them to the tread that i setup on the detailing page that asks you to direct questions to me specifically.
Thanks and good luck,
Bryant
Old 07-08-2002, 09:43 AM
Rickrack79@hotmail.com

Who is this clown Bdheilig anyway ????
Old 07-08-2002, 09:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Who is this clown Bdheilig anyway ????
I was waiting for him to say to clean the dash with some 100 grit sandpaper and some kerosene.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:54 AM
Rickrack79@hotmail.com

Well,he would know since he's a "Professional Acura Detailer"
Old 07-08-2002, 12:06 PM
Racer

what about windex

I was thinking about using some windex on a rag just to clean off the grease around the ac buttons.. I have the nav. not using it on the nav but water doesn't seem to get rid of grease on the black buttons.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:15 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also use 303 protectant for the inside.

I use a DashDuster to do in-between dusting.

I use a microfiber cloth (the one that came with it!) for the Navi screen.
Old 07-08-2002, 04:47 PM
Safety Car

Well,he would know since he's a "Professional Acura Detailer"
Old 07-08-2002, 06:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Ohhh Gees O petes

If any of you know what is good for you, you will Never Ever direct a question towards (bdheilig).... He has no clue what he is talking about and he will end giving you false information... No doubt... That idiot should be banned from this site now before it is too late....

He is funny though.... I could not stop laughing at his tips all day... Just do a search using his name and you will see how serious he is at screwing up your ride...

I think he was sent over here to play with us... but we don't play with :ghey: 's...

Smitty
Old 07-08-2002, 06:33 PM
Safety Car

Re: Ohhh Gees O petes

Originally posted by Smitty

(bdheilig).... He has no clue what he is talking about ...He is funny though.... I could not stop laughing at his tips all day...
I haven't laughed as hard in a long while until reading some of the "professional opinion" posts-- honstly bro, thanx for the good laughs
Old 07-10-2002, 12:06 PM
Meat Popsicle

I don't know what is more funny. The stupid things that he says, or the way he writes. What a moron.
He is the exact reason that every time I take a car to ANY dealer, for service, the first thing I tell them is "DO NOT WASH MY CAR!".

In most dealers, the porters, whoops "Professional Detailers" are new to this country, and have not mastered English. So their training in the art of detailing is most likely very limited.
Just the thought of them dragging the same dirty towel across my car as they just used on the tow truck makes me sick.

BTW, when I buy a car, I ask them not to wax it before they deliver it, and tell them that any swirls that I find will need to be fixed before I take delivery.
Old 07-10-2002, 03:12 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by lilfeat

...Just the thought of them dragging the same dirty towel across my car as they just used on the tow truck makes me sick.

Man, that is a awful thought. Probably about right though...